• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Old skool kids shows!! (1 Viewer)

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Power Rangers was AWESOME dont knock it!
I still love it,
there's so many series' since the first, eg. Power Rangers Zeo, Power Rangers Turbo, Power Rangers in Space, Power Rangers Lost Galaxy, Power Rangers Lightspeed Rescue and Power Rangers Time Force!
I still watch it whenever I can, and even though the endings suck bad, the newer series arent as bad as the orginals, where it always ended in the Dinozord blowing up the alien..

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Re: Re: Old skool kids shows!!

Originally posted by ~ForAGoodCause~
but the best had to be this show, cant remember the name
.. it was about this two kids i think brother and sister but, the guy waz asian and his name was jules,,, and the girl had blonde hair, wasnt asian, but cant remember her name.. and they did all kinds of cool exciting things, i think they were lookin for their parents or sumthing,, and it was really exciting like they got kidnapped n stuff,,, shit im gettin all worked up,,,, so yeh it was the best show ever!!!!!!!!!!
That was Twins of Destiny. :) It was quite good.

Lazy

Old Bastard
HSC
Originally posted by MinAi
I still love it,
there's so many series' since the first, eg. Power Rangers Zeo, Power Rangers Turbo, Power Rangers in Space, Power Rangers Lost Galaxy, Power Rangers Lightspeed Rescue and Power Rangers Time Force!
I still watch it whenever I can, and even though the endings suck bad, the newer series arent as bad as the orginals, where it always ended in the Dinozord blowing up the alien..
My god!!

Am i the only sane person left on this planet!!

The acting is worse then bad, the plot is pathetic, and the whole show is a joke!

The power rangers suck and thats all there is to it!!

Is there anybody else out there that agrees with me?? Please, back me up

mannnnndy

chocoholic
Originally posted by MinAi
I still love it,
i was wondering when minai was going 2 pop up in this topic. :D :D hehe :p. but yeah i have 2 agree power rangers was pretty crap. my bro used 2 watch it all the time so thats how ended up seeing it, and what was really annoying was that the shows pretty much ended in the same way. some evil person tries to take over the world, send a bunch of baddies who have their arses kicked by the power rangers, and then the evil person goes "i'll get you next time" or something similar.

and minai i cannot believe that u still love power rangers, and i think its very disturbing that u can name all the different series:p

mannnnndy

chocoholic
who remembers bananaman? it wasnt really one of my favourites but it was always on all the time. i reackon his banana ( i am having a lot of trouble spelling banana right now) suit was really funny. the banana shoes, gloves, cape, hat and everything. hehe:p

Lazy

Old Bastard
HSC
Thankyou mannnnndy, Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou.

I can sleep easy tonight with the knowledge that SOMEONE hates power rangers as much as me :D

And i also find it disturbing that a 17?? 18?? year old is still entranced by a childrens show:eek: :eek:

Ahhh well each to his own :p :p

fillstar

HSC
I loved Astro Boy

I used to get sooky when then poor lil guy ran out of batteries..lol

Milly

My absolute favourite show was Spellbinder - I *still* have almost every episode on tape!! Of both Spellbinder 1 and 2!! (Yes, I am supremely sad.) *And* I've read the books about a thousand times...

Does anyone remember Ship to Shore? Hermes was funny, but it got boring by the time Ship to Shore 3 rolled around... all the good characters had become adults...

Lazy

Old Bastard
HSC
Was hermes that stupid old security guard? :p

Yeah he was a crack up :p :p

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by Lazy
Thankyou mannnnndy, Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou.

I can sleep easy tonight with the knowledge that SOMEONE hates power rangers as much as me :D

And i also find it disturbing that a 17?? 18?? year old is still entranced by a childrens show:eek: :eek:

Ahhh well each to his own :p :p
Obviously, u misread my post before - yes, back in your day, the endings did suck, it all ended the same way, but what I was saying is that it's not really that cheesy as such anymore
I still like it bcoz of the storyline, not so much the show itself anymore, as the SFX is quite atrocious obviously
U may not have ever liked it, but u dun have to bag out others that do to the extent u have
And so what if i am entranced by childern's show's still? adults DO watch cartoons too ya kno..

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
Originally posted by Lazarus
Poom, poom, poom poom pooooooom!!
that phrase and the wizard dude who said it is all the recollection i have of the show... sadly...

mannnnndy

chocoholic
Who remebers Brum?? u know the car with eyes 4 headlights & stuff, and he drove around and did stuff. oh man I cant remeber anymore of it. i can remember the postman pat song though.
"Postman Pat. Postman Pat.
Postman Pat & his black & white cat...."

user

Old enough to know better
HSC
Captain Planet OFFICIAL website
www.captainplanet.com

http://www.yesterdayland.com/popopedia/shows/decades/saturday_1980s.php

Puddle Lane
http://www.neilinnes.org/galleri/pudgal.htm

and what about the chipmunks!!!
http://www.chipmunks.com/

widget the world watcher

Rpger Ramjet
www.rogerramjet.com

you can buy Peter Combe and Don Spencer CDs and Tapes from Kmart. they're really hard to find on the internet.

can't find any websites about the twins of destiny:(
"the twins of destiny keep on shining"

fatmuscle

HSC
Originally posted by Lazarus
I used to love Spellbinder.

Did any of you see The Mysterious Cities of Gold? That was awesome. Might have been before your time though (I feel so old saying that, pfft, what a joke). Did any of you see it?

And Twins of Destiny... ah, the memories!
now we're talking!!!

THE MYSTERIOUS CITIES OF GOLD!!!!

way b4 their time

there's heaps of others that were on during that time

widget the world watcher
and when captain planet was on the ABC

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)