• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Old Or New Triple M? (1 Viewer)

Which triple m?

• the newer more random one

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • the older more rocky one

Votes: 9 33.3%
  • i listen but don't care

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • i don't listen to triple m

Votes: 13 48.1%

• Total voters

slip

HSC
both are shite. just listen to jjj. good music, not bands based on image.

waddle_828

*waves*
HSC
bubz :D said:
bring back the days of the regular mini-concerts, i say.

i loved the mini concerts! particularly the grinspoon, and metallica, and nirvana ones :D:D

klh

HSC
MMM old, not the new MMM. \m/
comedy on MMM is at least better than the other stations, nova ive tried but reception sucks at my house.

slip

HSC
comedy on jjj shits on mmm again.

like last year adam and will, actual comedians, cant beat that.

this year and last chris and craig from cnnnn, again proper comedians, alot of political satire. extremely funny.

this year jay and the doctor, anyone who has seen frenzal or listened to breakfast you know how funny they are.

space goat. The PC.

plus they actually have informative stuff - eg the culture club on monday mornings.

they play feature albums, not feature singles, so instead of only hearing one song from on an album like on other stations you get to listen to heaps of songs and after a week you can say i like that i will buy it, and wont be stuck with an album of shit with one good single. in the opposite way aswell, heaps of people hate the singles, but love the cds, well this way you find out the single is crap but the rest of the cd is great.

NO ADDS!!!!!! that is the best thing ever. simple, comedy and music. they arent even allowed to promote shit that isnt offically jjj sponser on air.

jjj supports all the best festivals. Splendour, BDO, Livid, Falls and they support heaps of touring artists.

finally jjj plays 42% australian music, other stations play there legal responcibility of 25%.

duckofdoom

Ellie-Jelly
HSC
waddle_828 said:
This thread will proably just fizzle out and die, but im bored so whatever

for those that have listened to triple m in the past, or do listen to it now. which one do you prefer?

the old more rock focussed one?

or the new more random one?
I don't mind hearing 80's but the "You'll never know what we play next" is starting to piss me off. Don't get me wrong, I love hearing old INXS or acca dacca but enough is enough !

originally they used to have 80's luch hour but now it's spread for the whole weekend and we don't get to hear any upcoming new talent because we're hearing bands which died out decades ago.

I can't just listen to the local every sunday night, they need more "new" rock and wtf !!! I caught them playing Ashley Simpson and nelly furtardo retardo. I'm sorry but when did they start playing crap.

I'm not the only one who thinks they're on a slide down. c'mon mmm, start playing good stuff again.

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
triple m really didnt play good stuff to start but the odd madonna track chucked in shows that they still have a sense of humour.

as for triple j, jay and the doctor is the reason why i switched to fbi. they are rubbish.

cappen

Has an Executive Member
HSC
one post is suffiecent for ur point.......

jay n doc dnt seem as good compaired to adam and will cause they were fuckin amazing...they one of the best radios teams for ages....they were original and funny, but the jjj music is the reason im still tunned in to them

klh

HSC
the only thing i like on JJJ is that hack program coz i dont know any of the others...
when is will and co. gonna be on? or comedy?

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
klh said:
the only thing i like on JJJ is that hack program coz i dont know any of the others...
when is will and co. gonna be on? or comedy?
Adam and Will quit,replaced by jay and the doctor who are fucking morons. But i dont listen to the radio in the morning so thats irrelevant to me.

Chris and Craig + Hack > All other radio

J

jhakka

bazookajoe said:
Only thing of theirs which I really found irritating was there Essential 2005. The lack of good punk was amazing. I think there was one song by The Clash, and none from The Ramones or Sex Pistols.
I was also disappointed by the lack of Pistols. :(

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Jay and The Doctor are rubbish. Luckily I only listen to the radio in the morning on weekends while going to sport or movies and such. Weekday mornings I'm on the bus with my trusty Ipod, which i know will have good tunes.

klh

HSC
absolution* said:
Adam and Will quit,replaced by jay and the doctor who are fucking morons. But i dont listen to the radio in the morning so thats irrelevant to me.

Chris and Craig + Hack > All other radio
thats a bummer...

waddle_828

*waves*
HSC
the one thing that shits me to tears about triple m is the afl games they simulcast live

i want music not football!! :chainsaw:

Monkey Butler

Pray For Mojo
HSC
Chris and Craig are fucking morons. And whoever thinks that what they do is "satirical" is just as stupid as they are. Nonsensical pop culture references aren't funny. And their voices are fucking grating as hell.
Seriously, Restoring The Balance was funnier than these two, and that only lasted about two weeks.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
MMM lost my respect when I heard them play Ashlee Simpson.

slip

HSC
i find chris and craig very funny

jay and the doctor arent as funny as wil and adam but they are still pretty damn funny, they seem moronic at first but they really are quite smart.

oh and will anderson still comes on regularly, and they do get alot of other comedians on.

live at the wireless is a great segment. just live recordings of touring bands. good quality recordings and good bands.

tonight at 8 is the foo fighters metro gig. in the past few weeks they did bdo, so bands like soad, le tigre etc. soon it will be splendour bands, qosta, moby, finn bros etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)