• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Old edition textbooks? (1 Viewer)

heycinderella

HSC
Hey everyone,

I was just wondering about getting old edition textbooks - specifically for ACCT1501, which has Financial Accounting: An Integrated Approach 5th edition prescribed. The course outline says specifically not to use any previous editions, can someone tell me if this is legit - that it's completely different and i'll end up doing different questions, or are they just making me buy the new textbook?

I want to get a second-hand 4th edition one because it's loads cheaper, is that a good idea because there's no way i can afford a new one, or will i be better off just visiting the library every so often?

HeyJes

Academic Tutor @ UNSW
HSC
Uni Grad
No you should NOT get the 4th ed one, since its completely different and not corresponding to the course content. You could, however, buy a secondhand of 5th which is around 80 90s bucks.

They ARE MAKING YOU BUY the freakin new textbook.

But my concern is,.you guys seem to be using the management supplement, which is only found in the new textbook?

Last edited:

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Moreover, homework questions will be different.

heycinderella

HSC
does that mean that i can't even get second hand? that i have to get it new? (just clarifying)

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
The 5th edition was released sometime last year so you might be able to find someone who is selling it 2nd hand.

fusionillusion

HSC
Is the Management Accounting Supplement ebook necessary? Could I get away with only using the textbook?

Also, is the ACCT1501 Study Guide of any help?

InsoulvencyReaper

Existential Crisis
HSC
If anyone wants to buy a second hand 5th edition acct1501 textbook (not management update) pm me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
You will need the 5th addition for accounting 1B anyways if you planning on doing in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)