Ok, just need to clarify something on pseducode. (1 Viewer)

-X-

HSC
N/A
Our teacher says that it doesnt really matter if we use VB syntax such as "select case ...... "end Select". Now there are people saying that any sign of a language will loose marks?
:eek:

Glide

Well mine and chris's teacher said using VB syntax is an absolute no-no, and you could expect to lose heaps of marks..

Judging from SamD's strict marking of that algorithm thread, I'd say stick with proper pseudocode structure/names!

Winston

HSC
Dude, although psuedocode really has no set syntax, it does have it's set control structures, i mean u can't expect the marker to know VB, some teachers probably dont even program but know the algorithms pretty well

i mean using the correct control structures and starting the sub routine off with

BEGIN ModuleName

END ModuleName

that will be correct ur not gonna put

Private Sub ModuleName(e as SystemEvent.Args)

End Sub

lol that's silly as well as guarded and unguarded loops

Do Until Boolean = True

Loop

i mean that's not even standard psuedocode.

Glide

Its really shocking how we all get told different things.. us poor SDD students. I think they seriously need to redefine the course.. but oh well, were stuck doing this one with the average scaling ><

-X-

HSC
N/A
Yeh but if a mark knows psedoucode then he/she will obviously know what select case .... End select means. They are really similar. Im not saying going full on hardcode "private sub this that" lol. Well these where my teachers words and shit now im scared! Better start learning. :(

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by -X-
Yeh but if a mark knows psedoucode then he/she will obviously know what select case .... End select means. They are really similar. Im not saying going full on hardcode "private sub this that" lol. Well these where my teachers words and shit now im scared! Better start learning. :(
ok... let's say... just in reason Select case was used, i find that reasonable, but honestly a thread u asked about For loops, i have never seen a control structure for a for loop in psuedocode it's not standard it's programming control structure

there's really two repetition controls a guarded and unguarded loop

WHILE

END WHILE

REPEAT

UNTIL

that's it

but really there isn't much to remember like maybe 6 different control structures

and if you're unlucky and you have some marker who's strict with psuedo syntax, then well ur screwed i guess.

SamD

HSC
N/A
Look, try to use proper pseudocde, but don't worry too much about it. Its your logic that's being tested not your pseudocode syntax. If your only error was to accidently shove in a WEND instead of an ENDWHILE I'd be shocked if you lost a mark.

-X-

HSC
N/A
Ok, i thought there was a for loop in pseudocode. I just gona learn the basics over i guess.

edit: SamD thats what my teacher is saying, if they understand the syntax and logic is correct then u wont loose marks. The syntax however must be similar to psedocode if im gonna use it. But yeh ill try my best to do psedo.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)