OK. Basically, I wanna do FILM, EDU., PSYC. AND PHILOSOPHY as majors n minors........ (1 Viewer)

spence

HSC
Re: OK. Basically, I wanna do FILM, EDU., PSYC. AND PHILOSOPHY as majors n minors....

um... good for you

be.yourself

HSC
Re: OK. Basically, I wanna do FILM, EDU., PSYC. AND PHILOSOPHY as majors n minors....

lmao.
does anyone do anything similar to this within the arts degree at sydney uni?

spence

HSC

atm i'm doing psych and philosophy subjects

jaimebien

HSC

I thought you can't do minors in Arts anymore? It's either a major, or not. I think maybe in your case it's just a matter of compromise. Major in the subject area(s) you like most, plan your degree and use up the rest of the extra CP to do the rest of the subjects.

My major is Media & Communications, but I'll also begin my major in English next year and a minor in IT. All extra CP (about 24) go towards History. I really wanted to do Film Studies at first, but after Fiction, Film and Power (which I enjoy, but is way too traditional), I figure if I'm going to study film formally, I should go to film school.

Edited to add: Just realised the OP is still in high school. CP is credit points, which is the equivalent of what we call "units" in the HSC. A 6CP unit (where a subject, say English, has different areas/classes--such as Fiction, Film and Power, which I mentioned above--that you can pick) is the equivalent of something like 2u English or something. Each degree has a required number of CP where you can pick units from a wide range of subjects to make up the total CP you need. As for your interest in education, how about a combined degre in B Ed and BA (http://www.edsw.usyd.edu.au/current_students/undergraduate/bed_combined/index.shtml). That sounds a bit confusing, but the point is that you have a wide range of subject choices available in a degree.

Last edited:

flaganarchy

HSC
N/A

lol at be yourself.... silly comrade

HSC

i am so incredibly confused with an arts degree hahaha. i know i sound stupid but seriously i have no idea how it works and the more i read the more it confuses me lol.
so basically at the moment im looking and doing a combined degree of social work/arts.
out of all the arts subjects available the ones im most interested in are anthropology, social policy, sociology and psychology.
but i have no idea how many subject things you are meant to pick and then how many credit points they add up to or anything....:|

and also the ones im really interested in do get covered in bachelor of social work so im not sure if arts would just be pointless?
arghhh i have no idea lol.

EDIT: never mind just called usyd helpline. they were alot of help :D

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)