Oh no?? (1 Viewer)

googy_1985

HSC
N/A
Umm, For the Transformations question when it said to do a 'conversion'. I did a conversation although in the form of an interview over the radio. I had 2 guest to interview the different views.

Is that wrong?????????

elfgal

it sounds like a good idea, only, did your guests talk to each other? i think the conversation was meant to be between the ppl...also wasn't the convo for the critical study module?

i totally fucked mine - i started mamming on about how king lear was such an irrelevant text and how nobody liked it and then i started sending up the bos and feminist schools...smart...

googy_1985

HSC
N/A
Umm, yeh sorry - it was Donne , not Transformations'

I done it so they argued against each other, e.g. Person A said they reckons it was good, (and used readings etc), and then I said Person B said it was bad cause .....

I had a interviewer in their but really didnt say much, mainly asked questions to both the critics to argue why certain aspects are good and bad.

DAMMM I problery failed that!!!

Last edited:

EXA BOY

yup upon reading the paper once i got home i realised i boned the Donne question aswell..... the question says between two people who VALUE your text in different ways i wrote and convo between TS Eliot and MJ Creenan (two of my critics) one who was praising donnes work for its use of visual imagery and the other who censured his work because it is too focussed on death..... umm only prob is that people who hold negative views of his work dont VALUE his work do they..... damn.......

EXA BOY

the values bit is what worries me though, i think the different ways and for different reasons bit meant 2 people who praise his work... hope ur right though cause that means my ass is saved a bit hahahaa

quartic

I don't think you will get marked down significantly for not strictly following the format of the nominated text type. If you did it in interview form but had good conversation elements then you may not get marked at all. They are far more interested in content (unless you ignored the question and wrote a straight essay). Anyway I hope my dialogue was good :)

great_gregory

I'm really just OK...
HSC
donne

For my conversation, I had two people; one was an average sort of man, and the other was a vicar. I had the ordinary man talking about how he loves the love poems, and how the vicar loved the religeous poems. What do you guys reckon?

kaseita

Originally posted by EXA BOY
the values bit is what worries me though, i think the different ways and for different reasons bit meant 2 people who praise his work... hope ur right though cause that means my ass is saved a bit hahahaa
thought that when i first read the question.
but it doesn't mean that. You can have someone who values donnes work in a negative way, so its perfectly fine.

great_gregory...I'm sure its fine...I'm just now sure how you got them talking when they both love different things :p.
I'm thinking something like this

Average guy: I just love the way donne poetry expresses love in such and such a way
Vicar: really? I like more Donne's religion poetry much more, because of blah blah
Average guy:....cool...

Big Willy

Cabra Junkie RULES
HSC
i had two ficitional characters, and within the phone conversation, i had them talk about femist views and also shoved in 4 critics.

got 10 pages for donne

linny

Ok, I had two people talking about Donne's poetry, one said they liked it because of its relevence in many different contexts, the other said they liked because of the pure brilliance and what not of the poetry

It said "different ways and for different reasons" do you reckon this is positive and negative, its pretty ambiguous i reckon they'll be lenient in that aspect ( I hope)
as for a radio interview i think that will be penalised for incorrect text type, sorry to say

Genanker

I thought i was ok until i read some of the posts on these forums and i am getting all freaked about how everyone's writing so much! Argh!:uhoh:

melissella

dont 'fret' (whatever that means)

i wouldnt worry so much about the interview thing: the most important thing is that u discussed how things are done in different interpretations/ productions of the text

Pallino

look, there is little room for the english syllabus in the progression of realistic understanding or emotional understanding. I personally prefer drama. Although also floored it does give the student the ability to observe emotional life on a more realistic level. This is not supposed to be a cynical response it is merely an attempt to briefly label my understanding of the pros and cons of the syllabuses of the HSC. No offense. All in all english was quite easy.

and there are too many angry people.

Boris Banzinski

Ancient History

Listen alright.

This exam is really getting my styles down in a hardcore way!!!

It is a shame that history bases SO much of its outcomes on quotes. ok, fair enough, people need quotes, but fair dinkum, how many quotes do you need, BOARD OF STUDIES????!!!!

Especially the fact that if people don't actually want to become ancient historians. I think quotes should be for uni standard history students, not just ones who want to get an idea of the history of humanity so that their understanding of humanity is brought to a higher level, so that they play music with more feeling and expression, and knowledge!!!!!!!

by the way the general looks of most successful hsc students are quite poor. like anthony hooper. and musicians are severly demented. esp. tommy talmacs who suffers from severe brain loss and lack of common sense after i belted him across the face with several large spiked poles.:chainsaw:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)