Oh dear :( (1 Viewer)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
This semester is so not good! I can't believe I have already failed an assignment. First time at uni I have actually had an F for an assignment :( The subject is being marked as hard as third yr research project, this makes me think that I'm going to totally fail third yr!

I can't believe how picky some lecturers are! I got marked down because I didn't put a capital letter for the title of some books. Stupid lecturer, anyway, now I have to make some marks in the hardest subject this semester. It worked out that I got 8/20.

L

LaraB

Cape said:
This semester is so not good! I can't believe I have already failed an assignment. First time at uni I have actually had an F for an assignment :( The subject is being marked as hard as third yr research project, this makes me think that I'm going to totally fail third yr!

I can't believe how picky some lecturers are! I got marked down because I didn't put a capital letter for the title of some books. Stupid lecturer, anyway, now I have to make some marks in the hardest subject this semester. It worked out that I got 8/20.
that's what they can do for law from 1st year...

not citing propery if its substantial enough could = a fail in our very 1st assignment...

i suppose you could look at it in a slight positive that at least its not at the time of the final exam that you're finding out how picky they are coz now you know you can kinda 'fix' it for future:)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
This subject doesn't have a final exam, which is probably good in a way :p

Hopefully I can make it up. Otherwise I'll be doing 5 subjects in third year, which i really don't want to do, or I'll graduate in 2007.

We did a presentation on Wednesday, and we got a D or a HD, cause it was our major group project, hopefully, that made my marks up to above a pass :(

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
question..if u fail a subject..what happens then? do u repeat it or like are u not allowed to progress? anyone

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Led-Zep said:
question..if u fail a subject..what happens then? do u repeat it or like are u not allowed to progress? anyone
If you fail a core, you have to repeat that subject next semester or whatever semester the subject is available, and you will be required to do 5 subjects a semester (if you have approval). I know someone who failed two core subjects last year.

If you fail an elective, you don't have to do that elective again, but you still will be required to do those 10 credit points again.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Cape said:

Have a cry.

Last semester I got 8/30 in an exam and still managed 80 in the subject.

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
withoutaface said:
Have a cry.

Last semester I got 8/30 in an exam and still managed 80 in the subject.
Hero.

And not capitalising titles is inexcusable. You deserve to be marked down.

better_off_dead

HSC
yeh, you learn quickly about referencing! I use to hate it in 1st year...ah well, you'll get over it!

klh

HSC
i sympathise with you, onyl today i just handed in my assignment which was due yesterday in tutorials but i had problems at home so i submitted it to the tutor and i am awaiting his response to what is happening, will it be marked and so on...very worried.
hope you do it better, 8/20 isnt as bad as 3...think in positive terms, you were close to a pass? :S

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
klh said:
i sympathise with you, onyl today i just handed in my assignment which was due yesterday in tutorials but i had problems at home so i submitted it to the tutor and i am awaiting his response to what is happening, will it be marked and so on...very worried.
Oh, I hope things go ok, and you get that HD :p hehe.

I'm usually good at referencing, except this one lecturer is a nazi referencer. For example if the title of the book was Sustainable tourism in practice he'd expect you to write Sustrainable Tourism in Practice :rolleyes:

Malazn Pleasure

External Auditor
HSC
Cape said:

8/20 is jus 2 marks off from a pass

dont get ur knickers in a knot over it

i had a mid sem 2yrs ago worth 20%

i only got 1.8/20 for it and i still managed a distinction or a hd for the subject, i cant remember.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)