• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Official sign in if you've started studying for exams thread (1 Viewer)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Stas.
Started 2pm 04/06/2005

I need 2 HD's. One D. One credit. Then i can win uni.

First Monday-ECMT1010 (sitting on a credit :) )
Tuesday - ECOP1001 (sitting on the cusp of an HD)
Wednesday - MKTG1001 (sitting on a pass. shit. stupid mid-term)
Following Monday - WORK1001 :) Half a week to study. i can win. (sititng on a HD, likely to be D on Tuesday)

Last edited:

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
Jon
Started 4:50pm 04/06/2005

I need 4 Pass marks. If i do not suceed, im still a hell of a lot less retarded than stas.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Started 1pm 4/6/2005

Need credits but hoping for HDs in everything but ARIN 1000

This Tuesday (7th June) - ARIN 1000
First Wednesday - MATH1901
Friday - MATH1902
Saturday - PHYS1901
Thursday - SOFT1901

Last edited:

Serious Performance
HSC
N/A
Starting in ages =P

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
everyone in this thread is so good. i haven't started. i've been working too much and still finishing off a marketing assesment. ahgrrhrgrfgrfr. and im working heaps all through exams too... fuck. oh well, i only want to pass

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
yeh i've heard everyone crams during stuvac and doesn't start studying before then. but i'm freaking out. the tutors are being so vague about exams.

i've started but it hasn't been productive.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
melbournian said:
1Time, I don't want to be mean, but you have to be sucha loser to start this early.

I just started tonight my last assignment.

Probably won't do much in stuvac, as all my exams are in the 2nd week
My chain of reasoning is this:
If I get credits/passes I am absolutely bored through my next 2 years of uni doing a subject I am not interested in and unable to take up study in things that really interest me such as philosophy and psychology.
If I get distinctions and Hd's i can do subjects that I will really love and it will make the next 3 years of uni (i wish to xfet to a 4yr degree) awesome. If i do well this year, then i can not give a shit about exams. You also won't find me online at 10pm on a Saturday. Ever.

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
i started at about 3pm on Sat *hides from ppl giving me "nerd" looks*...

This Friday: Professional practice exam (*blows raspberry at it*)
First monday = Nutrition
Wed = Biometry
Fri = Genetics
Second Tuesday = Am = Anatomy theory, pm= Anatomy prac
Thursday = Digestion.

6 exams. Ugh. I need credits, but want more so i can be in the running for scholarships... but i am competing against ppl who neither work, or travel or do anything other than study. I think i'd rather have a life.... hence why i am studying now, so i dont have to sacrifice everything else for the next 4 weeks. Its all about balance people!

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
ooh... melbournian has converted to the college philosophy of life! i seem to recall a young first year getting all HD's not that long ago, and boasting about it all over the place as though it was the be all and end all of everything....

stazi

Nightman
HSC
melbournian said:
Oh that cut deep.

Something you should know about college. You don't go out every Friday or Saturday. We go out Wednesdays and when the bar opens its on a Sunday (ie. tonight).

Don't give me, this I need HD's bullshit. I've never heard anything so ridiculous. I'm not saying don't try hard and htat you have to be happy with P's, but get a reality check. Uni is not the be all and end all of your life.
sorry mate I didn't mean to try and offend you with that. I was more speaking for myself as I'm usually staying at home during the weekends nowadays. Although I am going to a massive part next saturday.

I don't think you're hearing what I'm saying. I'm saying that the course is going to be shit for me if I don't transfer. The reason I want to transfer is not to get a better job but to enjoy uni a lot more. I want to do some fun subjects. I want to not have to complete a major/minor duo.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Mambomeg said:
ooh... melbournian has converted to the college philosophy of life! i seem to recall a young first year getting all HD's not that long ago, and boasting about it all over the place as though it was the be all and end all of everything....
wait, melbournian didn't get any hd's in the first year?
66, 69, 72, 74, 75, 75, 76, 77
4 d's and 4 c's.

ptitsa

make me lose my buttons
HSC
I'll be marking the commencement of stuvac with sweet, sweet alcohol before I start studying....

aiming for 3 Ds and a C.

SmokedSalmon

HSC
Started studying on saturday morning.
still have one report left, due this friday... how fucking lame is that?? But i'm gonna do a poor job on it, don't care anymore.
I am hoping to get a D in 2nd year chem... and probably credits in biochem and mblg.... good luck everyone!! :)
And if anyone has an exam in the HK ward gym wear something warm and comfortable... it can get very cold (i think they put on the air conditioner full blast to piss students off).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)