Official Question 2 Thread - Creative Writing (1 Viewer)

starlyte

hahahah i totally screwed mine up. i wrote about a country hick who wouldnt go out to take down the washing because the firemen were back burning and the last time they were back burning, his sister got burnt crisp because the fire went crazy. the only change was that he learnt his lesson by not taking the clothes off the line. pathetic piece of crap....but i guess its better than a guy who overcomes airplane sickness.

well good luck everyone for tomoro. ill be back to tell everyone about strange seasickness stories.

smez

hehehe... i dont know if i skrewed mine up or not!!

i wrote about the phone. Didnt mention any of the 4 pictures!! hopefully i'll get away with it!

Farnarcle

Originally posted by muldersgun
this was my story:

newlyweds go rockclimbing.....rope breaks....chick falls to her death.....fast foward to guy in the wheelchair blaming himself and reflecting how everything has now "changed"...kinda of vertical limit meets bold and the beautiful

I used the rockclimbing pic if you haven't guessed by now
Heh, same here. Except the guy was climbing the mountain to overcome his regret and his loss.

Helena

I wanted to think of some creative booster ideas on Saturday to save me sitting before a blank piece of paper for ten minutes in this section and before I knew it, I spilled out one long story. Who would know it went perfectly with this section. I just had to change the opening setting from a busy street to the grassy fields picture. So in other words, I regurgitated the piece I wrote Saturday.

Farnarcle

You see thats the thing with me. I can't prepare a creative resonse. It all has to be straight onto paper, or the feeling is lost.

soxon

meh i feel the same way,

i doubt my one was original too

i chose the bushfire one and started saying how it consumes and consumes and returns nothing

then i related that to primative humans

then i go about evolution somehow..

that humans use to just consume but have started returning i.e. recycling and that the next step would be not to consume at all
and that we are evovling that way .. i.e fossil fuels > solar power

i have no idea what im doing!

not to mention i only wrote 3 pages or so >.<

Rojc01

HSC
did the mobile phone have anthing to do with the responce?
no one has said anthing about it and that pic was bigger then the other pics

Almost There

my goal in life is to be a trophy north shore mum.
1. did not do mobile phone.
2. did not actully have any sort of picture...looking at picture etc.
3. i killed everyone. (muahhhh sucidal!!)

ok well i didnt do the wedding one...why was it so popular? everyone 1 i talked to had a drunk bridesmaid take the pic and thats why it was wonky yada yada yada

well heres my *15/15 oh god please i need it to save me from the other two crap pieces* story

theres this girl. and her daddy is a pilot. and she always begs him to take her flying. its one of those ickly sweet lovey dovey familys on a small property. (threw in some bla bla about how the mum and dad met when her plane (air stewardess) crash landed in his airstrip etc.) and how like everynight they sing her this song to put her to sleep. "hush a bye baby, dont say a word. fly away baby, fly like a bird"
so yeah she always begs him to take her flying but he wont...and he always spins her round so she feels like shes flying

time passes..they dont sing her to bed anymore but sometimes she hears them creep in while they think shes sleeping and sing to her....and when he says he wont take her flying shes too big to spin round...so instead he sqeezes her hand three times (i love you) *anyone laughs at hand squeezin i kick their arse we do it in our family*
adn so yeah its her 16th b-day and so he finally takes her and her mum up.
guess what. plane crashes. boo hoo. its actully really sad....hears my ending

"as the plane began to spiral downwards, Daddy simply let go of the controls. hold me with his right hand and mum with her left, he squeezed our hands. one. i. two. love. three....
lying in the hospital bed, a tear rolls down my cheek. i turn and look out the window, seeing a bird fly. i wish i was like that bird, and could fly away from the pain and sorrow. i turn my head away and turn on the tv. an ad appears-a plane flying into the sunset *PICTURE...LINK TO Q* angelic voices singing "i still call australia home" came on *ok yes its a rip off of the Qantas ad* i turned off the sound, silence filled the room, my head and my heart. softly i began to sing "hush a bye baby, dont say a word. fly away baby, fly like a bird..."

ok so what ppl think? i know i did sin of sins in having death...and no obvious change...but yeah.

p.s. its a bush fire? i thought it was a storm. its too small. plus if a bunch of u did that then its obviously the BOS fault for being confusing. BASTARDS!!!

Benno

HSC
Lol i just found out my mate did a story on 11/9/01 from thew plane, and how thw world has changed etc etc

adah

I am actually happy with what I wrote. Mine was about a country that had been "liberated" and the change that had been promised hadnt arrived, the only change they had, had was a "picture of change" - an influx of luxuries no one could afford. So mine was about things not changing as opposed to things changing.

It was based on the plane picture, because she (the persona) hoped that one day the true liberators would come with their planes. Ergh I cant explain how I encorporated it but I did.

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
hmmm...i got totally confused about whether we were meant to talk about the scene portrayed in the picture, or an actual physical picture, like a tangible photo or something...

to kernevil: ur story is fantastic, the only problem is it sounds a little too fantasy for my liking, and we all know how english teacher detest fantasy stories. neway, apart from that, its 15/15 material :)

ssssonicyouth

phonic booth
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by whaddup03
what has karnevil's story got to do about the pictures that we had to choose

that's exactly what i was wondering... care to explain anyone?!

Krangelus

i am a tiger
HSC
N/A
i wrote about a plane taking off, with some newlyweds in it. The woman made the man watch a comedy movie and the man didnt think it was funny, and he began to question how he could have married this woman who thinks the movie is funny, so he tells the woman he wants to get the marriage annulled. Then he goes and eats an in-flight prepared hamburger, and she comes at him with a knife. She has had a nervous breakdown from the change. The man tells her that everything changes but the only true change is death. And then he slices her open.

i left with the line "Death Changes Everything"

i think my story is great.

crazyhobo

Originally posted by Krangelus
i wrote about a plane taking off, with some newlyweds in it. The woman made the man watch a comedy movie and the man didnt think it was funny, and he began to question how he could have married this woman who thinks the movie is funny, so he tells the woman he wants to get the marriage annulled. Then he goes and eats an in-flight prepared hamburger, and she comes at him with a knife. She has had a nervous breakdown from the change. The man tells her that everything changes but the only true change is death. And then he slices her open.

i left with the line "Death Changes Everything"

That was seriously your story?

Leebee85

I thought it was pretty easy, I love writing so I finished the booklet and moved onto the next question in 30mins. I choose the fire picture.

EVIL CREATIVE WRITING!
I get so creative i forget what im supposed to be talking bout...so i pretty much 'tuffd dis one up big time!
I left it till last, had 20minutes to write stuff that just sounded like a whole lotta "blah blah's" and made NO SENSE...grrr

mark_hack

I hate the creative writing shit. I wrote six pages of crap about the bush fire...not very origingal or creative. I'm hopin for 10/15 for this section

Leon585

HSC
Originally posted by Krangelus
i wrote about a plane taking off(how creative)... with some newlyweds in it. The woman made the man watch a comedy movie and the man didnt think it was funny... and he began to question how he could have married this woman who thinks the movie is funny... so he tells the woman he wants to get the marriage annulled. Then he goes and eats an in-flight prepared hamburger... and she comes at him with a knife. She has a nervous breakdown from the change. And then he slices her open.

this is probably why your name is krangelus

malayz_angel

I never prepare essays or stories for English..I don't know why but for me personally, stories always come out best the first time I write them...although that theory could easily change!

I used the wedding picture and wrote about a woman who was raised as a feminist to believe in her own acheivements and distrust men by her mother: a result of her father having abandoned them both before she was born. At her mother's baby shower, she is given a pink bonnet as a present and her mother refuses to let her wear it, to show that her daughter will not be allowed to conform to typical stereotypes of being a woman..or something. Even after her mother dies, the woman cannot let go of her belief in independence and distrust of men, as her mother's picture prominently displayed on her television set is a constant reminder.

She stacks it in the train station, meets a guy who's a doctor, after much thought she decides to go out with him and at this point, she turns her mother's picture facing downwards..the first step of change, in that she is now prepared to change her views about men.

She catches him with another woman who turns out to be his sister...yep I know that part was pretty cliched. They get married and she takes her mother's picture out of its frame and replaces it with their wedding picture, to show that her feminist thinking and distrust of the opposite sex has now changed.

Then finally she and her husband have a daughter and she thinks about her mother and the way she used to be. Holding that thought, she runs upstairs to look through her childhood memorabilia for something she's just thought of giving to her daughter: the pink baby bonnet, showing that she will bring her daughter up differently.

What do you think, ppl?

Wrote about 8 pages here but then only wrote about the minimum number of texts for Section Three.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)