Official Question 1 Thread - Textual Analysis (1 Viewer)

pan3dol

text 2 was really hard.. try to say it is a free verse (forgot wat effect it had put on the audience... ) and then forget all abt the repetition~~ kicking myself.. it doesn't seem to make sense when u just go reading it the first couple of times... so i guess i only bluffer something to feel spaces

text one was okay and text three i think i contradictory myself with ideas.. i used the technique of scientiful allusion and how it methaphorically links to the concept of change..

:/ donno.. did text 1 and 3 for the extended response

tempco

HSC
I chose 1 and 3.. something to do with them stating the process and result of change. My intepretation of text 2 was a bit iffy.... well, on to the next paper!

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
i'm FUCKED... i didnt notice text 2 was about september 11... STUPIDEST FUCKING MISTAKE EVER... ENGLISH IS SUPPOSED TO BE MY BEST FUBJECT

edit: i am not fucked, because it doesnt actually say september 11 anywhere on the paper... ahh thewonders of english and personal interpretations

Last edited:

Maddy

Damien Martyn Rocks!
I thought I wouldn't take the whole forty minutes needed for this question but I ended up taking it all!! I thought the poem was about sept 11 too . . .

chris42

HSC
I thought for text two that some of the sentences were ironic or sacrastic, like in the fact of "How beautiful the raindrop that is not part of a flood."

The other two texts weren't too hard to interpret, Text 3 included a metaphor about the earth being an island I think too.

Last edited:

Nearlythere

HSC
N/A
I felt like i did heaps shit! I hate how you never really find out how you did in some specific parts. Did anyone else find Q1 really hard cos i feel like i got nothing...

is a roflcopter
HSC
hmm
question 1 was hard =/
oh well

xanthanotus

HSC
lol...question one always fucks me up lol....and text 2 was just like the icing on the cake lol.....what the hell was that lol....what retarded idiot thought they would put that in there....i know its ment to be challenging but you have like 10 minutes to read it understand it and write about it...i think these people want a little to much from us some times!!!

vegeta_316

You should be emphasising more on the how instead of the what so regardless of if you didn't know text 2 was on sept 11, if you talked about the techniques of the poem you should be right.

My only blemish for this was probably (d). I said 1 and 3 was most effective but I didn't say why 2 wasn't as effective. Oh well...overall I did pretty damn good I thought.

~SArAh~B~

well i felt text ones question was easy and didn't rely much on technique used. How was Amy unkind to her Grandfather? We sound like we are in kindy again!!!
Text two, the poem... i didn't grasp the sense of it much. But I talked how the poet was optimistic in tone and that the little changes are better than the big changes. I talked about imagery and free verse... i hope all those techniques relate to it. That question, i found the hardest in the whole test surprisingly.
For text three the part i was like the text one question with the physical change crap, then the part ii i just mentioned the metaphor, first person inclusive with "our universe" and third person with "their universe", imagery and use of stars as an ongoing feature.
AND for the last question I used TEXt one and TEXt three as conveying concepts of change the best and just referred to techniques, contrasting concepts of change and crap like that... HSC is all about releasing the bull shit

underthesun

N1NJ4
HSC
I think text 2 was about the attack on afghanistan, because there was a pleading bully. cough*americans*cough

anyways damn, i wrote war on iraq. It shouldn't matter much tho. hopefully. :D

on the poem, i listed enjambments, and the use of line structure and a bit more..

Ribbon

I was feeling confident until I started reading about everyone elses answers, and relised how much other stuff I could've said... for text 2 I just kinda said the staccato rhythmn and absence of a rhyming pattern force the reader to kindof skim over the things the poet mentions (ie the poet is trying to point out we don't pay enough attention to them) before the poet warns against taking these things for granted. I don't neccerily think it was about sept. 11.... I do agree that that is one interpretation though.

HSC

WTF???????????????????????????
for d) we actually had to say why one of the text isn't good for exploration of change????????????????????????????
OH GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok i'm screwed:( :( :( :eek: :mad1: :mad:

-X-

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by HSC
WTF???????????????????????????
for d) we actually had to say why one of the text isn't good for exploration of change????????????????????????????
OH GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok i'm screwed:( :( :( :eek: :mad1: :mad:
SAME!!! I dont remember it saying that we had to explain why the other wasn't good? Anyway my responce would have been "Cause i dont understand the bloody poem!". :chainsaw:

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
Originally posted by vegeta_316

My only blemish for this was probably (d). I said 1 and 3 was most effective but I didn't say why 2 wasn't as effective. Oh well...overall I did pretty damn good I thought.
i dont think this was required i was gonna do this but the question never said anything about it .... =/

Calisc

HSC
I have the question paper in front of me (we got to take it hope), it only says to refer to 2 texts, not all three (the 2 yer gunna do)

tempco

HSC
Yep I only discussed two text as well, since that was how I interpreted the question.

Just wondering, what techniques did ppl write for text 3?

Last edited:

eeyore

Section one is always the section I hate most, and so it was again..
the 2nd text, the poem completely stumped me..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)