Official PS3 Thread (1 Viewer)

yayis

HSC
Any PS3 issues or comments, as well as opinions on new and existing games, are welcome on this thread.

Post away, my gamer friends! :D

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
Both original ps3 models had backwards compatibilty, one had the ps2 hardware in it, and the other had ps2 emulation software in it.
Is there a way to copy that emulation software into the harddrive of the new model ps3's to make em run ps2 games?

haru

HSC
you guys reckon nows a good time to buy PS3? $672 for 80gb PS3 + 1 free game (Little big planet, Singstar ABBA, Resistance 2 or Motorstorm Pacific Rift)? or perhaps wait til the after xmas sale?

kenny.

HSC
Xmas sales for sure. But i dont think consoles get discounted that much if at all. You might get better bundles or something like that.

fernando

Poo
HSC
N/A
haru said:
you guys reckon nows a good time to buy PS3? $672 for 80gb PS3 + 1 free game (Little big planet, Singstar ABBA, Resistance 2 or Motorstorm Pacific Rift)? or perhaps wait til the after xmas sale?

wait until before christmas when they have cheap value bundles.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
what about after xmas, isnt there supposed to be cheapness then? Personally i'll wait till god of war 3 till i'll make an actual decision, based upon what games on my laptop i got, ps3 games (appart from gow3) prices, uni workload..

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
haru said:
v good deal

sony refuse to get off their arse and do something about the recent 360 price cuts

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A
Can i still trade-in my ps2 for a ps3?

If so, i've got about 15 games, 2 controllers and the original big-ass console...so how much will they take off, roughly, if i decide to trade-in?

and what stores can i trade this shit in?

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
maybe start by asking the EB and games wizard?

I've been using my ps3 to watch all my downloaded films. It can play divx

bakery_boy_92

HSC
i downloaded a PS3 update to my usb from school and finally worked out the folder configuration for my PS3 to recognise it
now i need to know how to get it to recognise my pictures and stuff on my usb
any ideas?

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
Can i still trade-in my ps2 for a ps3?

If so, i've got about 15 games, 2 controllers and the original big-ass console...so how much will they take off, roughly, if i decide to trade-in?

and what stores can i trade this shit in?
eb games i think are the only ones that'll take it.

for the console and 15 games i think you're looking at $150 off. a rip off yeah

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
What's the harddrive mainly used to store?

Just askin coz some stores that still have the 40gig version sell it cheaper than the 80gig, just to get rid of old stock, so whats normally kept in harddrive?

Im sure ps3 has usb slots, so i would be able to transfer stuff from ps3 to my massive portable harddrive if i run out of ps3 space?

badquinton304

HSC
What's the harddrive mainly used to store?

Just askin coz some stores that still have the 40gig version sell it cheaper than the 80gig, just to get rid of old stock, so whats normally kept in harddrive?

Im sure ps3 has usb slots, so i would be able to transfer stuff from ps3 to my massive portable harddrive if i run out of ps3 space?
I have a 40g, I use it to store game demos (0.5-1g each but i dont have that many), game data (for some games) usually about 1-4 gigs, everything else goes external.
If it ever becomes a problem get a cheap 320gig laptop harddrive that fits into the ps3 it doesn't void your warranty

Last edited:

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
ahk.

coz full ps3 games are like..50gigs or something (at least bd discs can hold that much).

how much space does game data take?

and ps3 has wifi to access wireless net right? has it got a web browser? and can u download stuff off the net straight to ur hdd like u can with a computer?

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
new consoles?wtf?

ps4 u mean?

this year's gonna be big for ps3, was just reading a gamespot article about it, ffs god of war 3 isnt even out yet, lol!!!!

badquinton304

HSC
ahk.

coz full ps3 games are like..50gigs or something (at least bd discs can hold that much).

how much space does game data take?

and ps3 has wifi to access wireless net right? has it got a web browser? and can u download stuff off the net straight to ur hdd like u can with a computer?
Not all games add quick access data but if they do its 1-4 gigs. Yes PS3 has wifi, you can download from net to hdd in this way ( movies, images, music) also you can download orb to your computer and stream movies from your computer to ps3 over lan wifi.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
thats awesome, so with ps3 u can basically surf the web on ur tv.

how does typing work, can u connect a keyboard and mouse thru usb, or everything thru control pad?

badquinton304

HSC
thats awesome, so with ps3 u can basically surf the web on ur tv.

how does typing work, can u connect a keyboard and mouse thru usb, or everything thru control pad?
The 40 gig only has 2 usb ports so at that stage you may either want to consider:
A: Bluetooth keyboard and mouse.
B: Getting a usb hub for usb keyboard and mouse
C: Sticking to the ps3 controler for web navigation (which at first is slow and inefficient)

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
ahk thanks heaps.

fuck i wanna ps3 now.

i saw in the mX when coming home from uni last week sometime, city myer had 25 ps3's to get rid of, 40gigs, giving em away for $499.

i nearly cried.

if only i was allowed to get one...

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
ahk thanks heaps.

fuck i wanna ps3 now.

i saw in the mX when coming home from uni last week sometime, city myer had 25 ps3's to get rid of, 40gigs, giving em away for $499.

i nearly cried.

if only i was allowed to get one...
You can also use MSN messenger on the ps3 :headbang:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)