OFFICIAL Easter Show Thread (1 Viewer)

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
i saw some advertised in the sunday tele yesterday if anyone was interested. it just said for a retail position. check it out i guess on careerone

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
if u dont have a car, and public transport is impossible, can u take those special easter show buses everyday? Like can u pay for them separately from the easter show entrance ticket?

mattyg87

HSC
i worked there a few years ago.....most of my days were 9.30am - 5pm and i got $1200+ for the 2 weeks...not bad!

v sia

HSC
Sydney Royal Easter Show

Hi , im planning on working there and ive got a few questions ...

I asked the umm easter show recruiting dude via email and still no reply , os basically im asking people that have worked or know people that have work ...

Anyway whoo my questions

1. The hourly pay?? ( does it differ from person to person or is it constant )

2. How many days a week ??? , it said you must be able to work for the whole duration of the easter show ... i kinda can for about 5 days a week but not 7 .

3. What jobs can you do besides cooking and selling show bags??

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
Re: Sydney Royal Easter Show

I dont think you can still work at the Easter Show because applications close late January, and they dont accept late applications. The only thing u can apply for now is Showbags (and directly to the company) but im preety sure theyve already sorted everything out anyway by now.

But just so you know, my friends sister worked there last year and they were paid $25plus/hour which is really good, considering her job was just to count how many people were walking through the gates etc.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC

I'm giving talks in the Horticulture pavilion again. Come and see me.

^___^
HSC

politik said:
What is the link for the position on seek?
doesn't take a genius to figure how!

maybe try typing in something like "Sydney Royal Easter Show" for staters

v sia

HSC
Easter show

Well i applied but i was on the assumption that it paid well but i recently applied for a waiter or " drink seller " job and the pay is 10 an hour , no extra's for weekend or anything 10 dollars an hour flat rate .

Im like WTF ??? might as well work at maccas where u get 10 + an hour plus maccas is like 5 minutes away from virtually anywhere .

Hazy

HSC
Re: Easter show

Woah, really? That sucks.

Do you happen to know how much they pay for showbag sellers?

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC

I haven't worked there personally, but based on anecdotes from friends, it depends which company you work for (Bensons etc) and what job you're doing.

But Im told the attraction to the money isn't the pay rate, but the fact you're making so much in such a short amount of time. Most of my friends funded their schoolies cruise with just the 2 weeks they worked at the show.

ballerinabarbie

bundy for me
HSC

i'm working for a cattle stud... haven't been told the payment yet but i'm assuming it'll be about $50/day for the week, but i'll get food and drinks on the judging days and other days when the guy who owns the stud is around...

i'm not worried about the $$ anyway - we have so much fun!! it's going to be another awesome year

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC

As always, I'm based in the Horticulture pavilion during this show - but this year I am not only presenting, I've got my own permanent display.

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC

ballerinabarbie said:
i'm working for a cattle stud... haven't been told the payment yet but i'm assuming it'll be about $50/day for the week, but i'll get food and drinks on the judging days and other days when the guy who owns the stud is around...

i'm not worried about the $$ anyway - we have so much fun!! it's going to be another awesome year
can you get me free entry?! ill visit you!

Hazy

HSC

MiuMiu said:
I haven't worked there personally, but based on anecdotes from friends, it depends which company you work for (Bensons etc) and what job you're doing.

But Im told the attraction to the money isn't the pay rate, but the fact you're making so much in such a short amount of time. Most of my friends funded their schoolies cruise with just the 2 weeks they worked at the show.

Wow. I applied to be a showbag seller, but I'm not sure which company I'm working for yet. My interview is next Sunday, so I guess I'll see then. Though I've heard that the average payrate is quite low.

But why would you earn so less when it's so busy? They're bound to pay you heaps. I don't get it.

Oh well, it'd be good for your resume anyway. =/

v sia

HSC

Hourly rates for 2005 Show as follows:
Age 21+ $19.37per hour
Age 20 $17.43
Age 18&19 $15.50
Age 17 and under $11.62 per hour

Oh this is for the show bag selling . It's okay i guess , but keeping in mind travelling to home bush etce tc. I guess if ur over 21 its great plus i hope we get freebies ( food and show bags of course )

v sia

HSC

Hopefully it'll go up a bit this year .

Oh i forgot to say ive got an interview on saturday for the showbag selling , hope i get it !!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)