Official "Blah Blah" UWS thread (1 Viewer)

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
I'm bored...and I go to UWS...story of my life:lol:

A message from Melsc:
Please do not make this into a 'is UWS a crap uni' thread, if you feel you need to justify your choice for staying/not staying at UWS to people who don't even really know you its just childish. I will have enough trouble keeping this forum free from that crap over the next few months when the 07's put in their UAC apps and I don't want to see it from you guys. It only reinforces the ideas that people hold about UWS as they see you feeling the need to justify yourselves and feeds the arguments. Just ignore it, they will get bored and stop. Ok guys? I just want the forum to be a pleasant place and I dont want to be the big bad evil moderator.
Good luck with your studies,
Love Mel :wave:

Last edited by a moderator:

lengy

HSC
Well there's one for every other university and the wording of the title of this thread definately is a reflection of the quality of English prevalent at UWS campuses so why not?

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
lengy said:
Well there's one for every other university and the wording of the title of this thread definately is a reflection of the quality of English prevalent at UWS campuses so why not?
Damn me and my 92 advanced english mark...I brought shame to UWS.

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
zimmerman8k said:
Don't do it ari.

Resist the temptation to discuss it.

IT'S A TRAP!
Fiiiiiiiiiiine...

breed obsession
A wine-soaked strobe-lit Asiatic hall of mirrors
HSC
lengy said:
Ari just brings the rest of us down.

ari89 said:
Temporarily out of stock wicked wings:confused:
But did you check all of the KFC's in NSW?

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
47.46.45 said:
Ari just brings the rest of us down.

But did you check all of the KFC's in NSW?
Road trip time?

lengy

HSC
I miss Wicked Wings. :( Awesome deal. The new deal that replaced it is crap. Three pieces of chicken without a burger in the meal deal. Cheap. Shit. Fail.

lengy

HSC
I had Hungry Jacks for 3 years every week during high school. I'm somewhat over them. Still love the Bacon Deluxe though. Only have then every blue moon however.

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
I can't wait to be a UWS graduate:

4eyesnb

HSC
N/A
ari89 said:
I can't wait to be a UWS graduate:
Just overload every semester and do all the summers, u'll be in and out with in 2yrs just like I did:rofl:

4eyesnb

HSC
N/A
zimmerman8k said:
PLEASE NO!

Not another debate about the quality/prestige of UWS v Other Uni's (esp Usyd).

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Well, In fact, I've found a lot of UWS Bachelor students studying and working harder than those in UNSW, and the teaching quality are not really less in UWS.

Trust me! They're quite a few lazy ones in UNSW just barely passing their course.

The only difference I can think of is that UWS lacking the most brilliant students in the State and top research scholars, where as in Sandstone Universities has these people who regularly won prestigious prizes internationally.

But for their ordinary Bachelor students whos just getting merely passes in their degree, they won't be much better than average UWS ppl.

Last edited:

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
4eyesnb said:
Just overload every semester and do all the summers, u'll be in and out with in 2yrs just like I did:rofl:
I think cutting a 5 year course into 2 years would be pushing it for me, i.e. 20 subjects a year:p

Raaaaaachel

HSC
OMG! Id rather not go to uni at all than go to UWS. Why would u admitt to it on the internet? Are u guys planning to transfer or something?

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
Raaaaaachel said:
OMG! Id rather not go to uni at all than go to UWS. Why would u admitt to it on the internet? Are u guys planning to transfer or something?
You sound so informed about the world. Please do tell me more

Raaaaaachel

HSC
ari89 said:
You sound so informed about the world. Please do tell me more
I am actually. My dad is a doctor and he basically said UWS med school is shit.

Im not trying to be mean, but I think everyone knows its the worst uni. Plus its in tha middle of nowhere.

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
Raaaaaachel said:
I am actually. My dad is a doctor and he basically said UWS med school is shit.

Im not trying to be mean, but I think everyone knows its the worst uni. Plus its in tha middle of nowhere.
My dad did law at Usyd and UNSW, he admits that UWS law does not have the prestige associated with the other unis. How did he draw that conclusion? He has seen how GRADUATES from UWS have been treated by some when finding a job, however, most employers have a higher emphasis on grades than university prestige (not to null out the influence of the latter).

However, UWS Med school has only taken in its first cohort this year and has no graduates. So how has your father evaluated the ability of those doctors it has produced to brand them shit? Similarly, the medical program is based on the University of Melbourne's medical program which is highly regard in Australia and as such has been praised by many professionals in the field. I'm not trying to be mean but in essence, your dad is full of shit and is just spreading an ill informed opinion.

The only point you seem to have is one relative to both you and I, the Campbletown campus where the Medicine program is run is in the middle of nowhere. However, for many others it’s right at their doorstep.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)