• I couldn't give a toss about them or an apology

Votes: 33 22.6%

• Total voters

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Re: Leaders push for 'sorry' compensation

wuddie said:
if one argues that it in fact does bring closure, then would you be willing to leave your family for an x amount?
everyone has their price.

incentivation

Hmmmmm....
HSC
N/A
Re: Leaders push for 'sorry' compensation

If compensation is pursued, the court should not apply a brush stroke over all those who purport to be part of the 'stolen generation'.

I believe that each individual must present evidence to the court that the reasons for removal were purely on the grounds of racial reasoning and not for reasons associated with lax care, neglect or similar. The Tasmanian settlement of $5 million was awarded to persons genuinely part of the 'stolen generation' and to those who were removed for other reasons. If we follow this path, it opens up an avenue of litgation for all those, regardless of racial creed, who have been removed from their families over the years for reasons of genuine best interest.

DoCS is so reluctant to make decisions in relation to child removal, in part, due to the tainted history of such practices in this country. What do we see as a result? Child neglect and the perpetuation of a lifecycle that could be so easily altered.

Last edited:

ConjOB

HSC
Re: Rudd to say Sorry on February 12

Wow, im keeping away from my computer at 3am after a messy night :oops:

Zrap

glock9
HSC

Why is this thread even still going?

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC

ConjOB said:
fucking dumb cunt, here i was thinking ok she got under 30 in UAI just another stupid australian but then you NERDS go ahead and support her idea. Just because Rudd appologiesed DOESNT mean he is taking responsibility nor is any of the current population. Fuck i would like to king hit a few people on here. If not for the dumb sluts then the retard males with no idea.

Oh well i laugh in the face of you RACIST, and yes i mean RACIST, nothing but RACIST people. See howard is long gone and you people LOST your facist leader noiw HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH goodbye to that cunt and along comes a real leader, now in parliment he couldve kcied that cunt nelson while he was down but he didnt, showing he has better intrests then some racists ambtiond.

Fuck you all, the message was delivered and recieved to whom it was intended to go to and it was greatly appreciated.

Blackfella, whitefella what ever colour it doesnt matter (unless your a BOs racist cunt / sluzza nerd)

Don't be jealous of my UAI score, troll.

p.s learn how to spell apologised. ;)

Zrap

glock9
HSC

Gay Captain said:
Why is your life even still going?
Why don't you go perish in a house fire?

Zrap

glock9
HSC
Another Apology?

AN ABORIGINAL woman says she feels as though she has been "stolen all over again" after her story of separation from her father 50 years ago was used by the Opposition Leader, Brendan Nelson, in his apology speech.
Faye Lynam, from Shepparton in northern Victoria, has demanded a public apology from Dr Nelson, who she says took her story out of context by implying her father gave her to welfare authorities willingly.
She sobbed yesterday as she asked why he did not gain her permission to use her quotes in his "toxic" speech on Wednesday, which sandwiched her story between comments defending removal policies and rejecting calls for compensation.
"My dad was not happy that I was taken," Mrs Lynam said.
"They cheated us, they cheated me of my life with him and now I feel like I'm stolen all over again. I am ashamed that he [Nelson] has done this to me, I'm so ashamed."
Dr Nelson rang Mrs Lynam, 57, on Thursday night to apologise after learning of her distress at his speech, during which thousands of people across the country turned their backs in protest and which was snubbed by several of his own party members, including the frontbencher Peter Dutton, the finance spokesman, who absented himself from the historic parliamentary sitting.
Mr Dutton has not commented on his reasons for leaving the chamber during the apology.
Dr Nelson's spokesman said the record from which Dr Nelson quoted - an oral history kept in the National Library of Australia - was publicly available.
"Brendan rang Faye last night and said to her if there was anything in the speech that she felt was offensive or hurtful, he apologised for that," he said.
But Mrs Lynam said she wanted a public apology, since the original speech was telecast widely.
The education worker was in Canberra on Wednesday to celebrate the Prime Minister's apology. However, she did not learn how her quotes had been used until she returned home on Thursday, and said most of her friends and family did not even know she had been removed before Dr Nelson told her story.
"When I went for a so-called better life, I was sexually assaulted, used as a little slave," said Mrs Lynam, who returned to her father at 16 after having lived in several foster homes.
"I was on such a high up there [in Canberra], we got a sorry, now we can start moving forward. And then being hit by this, it's like ripping my heart out all over again."
In his speech, Dr Nelson led into Mrs Lynam's story by saying: "No one should bring a sense of moral superiority to this debate in seeking to diminish the view that good was being sought to be done."
He then quoted from her oral history, including the passage: "Personally I don't want people to say, 'I'm sorry, Faye' - I just want them to understand. It was very hurtful to leave Dad … Dad said to me, 'It's hard for daddy and the authorities won't let you stay with me in a tent on the riverbank. You're a little girl and you need someone to look after you.' I remember him telling us that, and I cried."
He went on to say there should not be a compensation fund.
Meanwhile, the leader of Stolen Generations Victoria, Lyn Austin, said up to 40 Victorian people removed from their families are planning to seek compensation through the courts.
Her cousin Neville Austin, 44, has briefed a leading QC, Jack Rush, to sue the Victorian Government in what is expected to be the first stolen generations claim in the state.
The case is yet to be filed.
Another apology? Good one Oppostion Leader Brendan Nelson

boris

Banned
HSC
Re: Another Apology?

I fucking told all of you that this apology was going to do jackshit, and that they're all still going to claim that life is against them.

Fuck off with this fucking bullshit Zrap before I crap down your fucking throat and choke you.

Kirsty Xx

That's the price we pay
HSC
Re: "Stolen Generation" Appology- A different view

Zrap said:
Gay Captain, you are gay.
The majority of Aboriginals live in rural isolated areas, their social construct is
different to us.
Most are socio-economically disadvantaged, have no access to health care facilities, influenced by westernized culture, have life expectancy 20years
lower then the "white" civilisation, separation from parents for more then 100years, suffer alcohol abuse etc based from trauma, lack of access to a decent education. We should be sorry to have abandoned the real Australians! and its about time someone has stood up and said something about it.
God Bless K-Rudd
70% of the Aboriginal population live in Sydney (including suburbs)... Only 30% of the Indigenous population live in remote locations. So that'd be a MINORITY you f*cktard.

You are annoying me more than ever before Zrap. Go die.

TO: ticky2002
I heart you.
Fair points.

Last edited:

flappinghippo

HSC
Re: "Stolen Generation" Appology- A different view

testiclepilot said:
You aren't paying for what the governments did. The RUDD GOVERNMENT (and The Liberal Opposition), stood up and apologised ON BEHALF OF PAST GOVERNMENTS.

I wish people would open their eyes to the shit going on.
Government gets money from taxpayers. Taxpayers being us.

Government funds (quoting from above post) 1.7 billion dollars to Aboriginal affairs.

We aren't paying for what governments did. We are paying now for what the government is doing.

ConjOB

HSC

chicky_pie said:
Don't be jealous of my UAI score, troll.

p.s learn how to spell apologised. ;)
Read my other post, im amazed i managed to log onto this site in the state i was in last night when i posted it.

Then again still raised some valid points:wave:

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A

ConjOB said:
Read my other post, im amazed i managed to log onto this site in the state i was in last night when i posted it.
Hint: No one believes you.

Zrap

glock9
HSC
Re: Another Apology?

boris said:
I fucking told all of you that this apology was going to do jackshit, and that they're all still going to claim that life is against them.

Fuck off with this fucking bullshit Zrap before I crap down your fucking throat and choke you.
LETS GO TOE TO TOE, ONE ON ONE CUNT.

davidbarnes

Trainee Mȯderatȯr
HSC

i think an apology is fine, just so long as no compensation is forthcoming. If they (Aboriginals) all start stealing our money (in the form of compensation), Rudd will not get my vote at the next election.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC

I love how this is probably the only youth forum in Australia where any post even slightly left of centre is greeted with "FUCK OFF RUDD'S A CUNT, I HOPE YOU GET RAPED BY A HORDE OF ORCS".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)