Official 2016 Melbourne Cup Thread (1 Viewer)

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
I kind of meant in a way, we kill animals all the time to eat them. So it's not like their lives are that important. Sounds bad, but it's just how life is. They are not even on a humans level one bit. So with that in mind, I don't see how racing them is that bad.

What I do think is bad, is whipping the horses. They should be carefully trained to run fast on command, instead of just blindly smacking the horse and freaking it out.
except these horses aren't used for eating (eating being a necessary function of life) they're being exploited for gambling, which in turn exploits gambling addicts

you dont dislike muslims even though literally a majority of them support as a bare minimum you being imprisoned for your sexuality

if youre going to be such a cuck then just go to the middle east and get it over with
i don't like any religion tbh
Lol

But I understand people have their weird religious eating crap (like kosher for the Jews) and I don't oppose halal because of that, I oppose it based on the treatment of animals.

Just like I oppose religions and religious people individually based on their beliefs that I don't agree with, not based on generalisations.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
i don't like any religion tbh
Lol
I said you don't dislike muslims

But I understand people have their weird religious eating crap (like kosher for the Jews) and I don't oppose halal because of that, I oppose it based on the treatment of animals.
People don't oppose it because they dont like the weird eating crap, its because that halal food funds islamic organizations that many people feel promote things not in the interest on secular australia, and the fact that halal meat for example must be prepared by muslims which means that jobs are lost from non-muslims to muslims.

Just like I oppose religions and religious people individually based on their beliefs that I don't agree with, not based on generalisations.
even by that logic, you would dislike a majority of muslim individuals anyway

sinophile

HSC
N/A
this is probably the most boring and stupid sport ever created

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
I said you don't dislike muslims

People don't oppose it because they dont like the weird eating crap, its because that halal food funds islamic organizations that many people feel promote things not in the interest on secular australia, and the fact that halal meat for example must be prepared by muslims which means that jobs are lost from non-muslims to muslims.

even by that logic, you would dislike a majority of muslim individuals anyway
I'm not going to turn the melbourne cup thread into another Muslim thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)