offers (1 Viewer)

Bob.J

ZoOm
HSC
hipsta_jess said:
hey, does anyone know if the non yr 12 peoples are listed? coz I thought I read last yr that the newspapers only listed the yr 12s, but then other people said they thought the non yr 12s were listed too.
nah they list all the uni offers (to yr 12s, uni studetns, adults)
besides u can check online (unless you're checking for others :)

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Does anyone have the old list of service stations where the newspaper is delivered early? Im desperate...yes :p

Bob.J

ZoOm
HSC
Sarah168 said:
Does anyone have the old list of service stations where the newspaper is delivered early? Im desperate...yes :p
unless u can get the 20th of Jan paper before 9pm on the 19th then just checking your offers online is the quicker surer way to do it.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
The SMH publishes it on the 20th but I heard the DT has it in the morning edition of the 19th. And since some places get their 19th newspaper delieverd early, I think we could get them on the night of the 18th.

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
why would the dt publish it on the 19th... thats before we get them online (we get them @ 9pm on the 19th)
im sure they would have the common courtesy to let the student find out their offer then publish it to the rest of the world

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
God, maybe I am imagining things. I swear I have read threads (both old and new) where people have said they have seen an online list of service stations that get the paper early!!! Im going to go back and search :(

Edit:
cro_angel said:
i think they have previously put a list of service stations selling them early up on the net the day before.. i cant seem to find a list of the ones that did it last yr (its usually the same ones though)
Lexicographer said:
last year offers were released at 0900 and the paper came out that day (but it was bought by many the night before release).
---------------------------------------------

cro_angel said:
why would the dt publish it on the 19th... thats before we get them online (we get them @ 9pm on the 19th)
im sure they would have the common courtesy to let the student find out their offer then publish it to the rest of the world
Unfortunately, I doubt the DT cares that much...

Last edited:

sailorboy

Main Offer Round

This is what I believe is happening, having read the UAC Guide.

Snail mail : Offers will be available in the mail on Thursday 20 January.

Newspapers : Some of the Sydney newspapers produce an 'early' edition that is available from some of the 'main' servos from about 10pm on Wednesday 19 January. I believe that a list of these servos is published in the main Wednesday edition (day). There is no list on the UAC website as it is of no consequence to them.

Internet : The UAC Offer website will be open at 9:00pm on Wednesday 19 January. I guess all of us dudes will be hitting that site. They may even have a second server configured to handle the load. It will be interesting to see if they have this facility open all night of close off at midnight like all their other services :)

Good luck ...

theone123

blue essence
HSC
let me get this straight? the offers and cutoffs published and available all newagents and other stores on Thursday 20th?

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Sailorboy got it right.

The earliest option is to access any offer(s) online.

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
what what what? name? it publishes your full name? and btw does it publish the whole offers, i mean not just distinguished ppl, duz it publish the whole 46000 pple?

llamalope

yes, they're my legs.
Left BOS (somewhat temporarily) on 29/12/05 to ret
HSC
it published your last name and initials...where there is more than one person with the same name initials and last name it publishes ur full name. It publishes ALL hecs offers (no fee paying offers are in the paper) for everybody that got into uni...at least i think so

04er

HSC
Skillo said:
Victorian Universities (if you applied through VTAC) released their first round offers this morning.

Hooray. I got 1st Preference.
That's awesome news! :) Congratulations!! :D

rollerbaby

HSC
So back to the original question, did anyone manage to find out the list of servo's that will have the morning edition of the newspapers tonight?

B. of Communications (Journalism) UWS 2005.. fingers crossed!

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
rollerbaby said:
So back to the original question, did anyone manage to find out the list of servo's that will have the morning edition of the newspapers tonight?

B. of Communications (Journalism) UWS 2005.. fingers crossed!
Just get it via the interweb.

sHin

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

Interweb is a slang term referring to the Internet, sometimes more specifically referring to the World Wide Web. The derogatory form Intarweb is usually used with sarcasm or derision, chiding the "uneducated masses" who now frequent the Internet, threatening the once elite hacker culture that was prevalent in the early 1990s.

The first known use was in a Three Dead Trolls in a Baggie skit called "Keep Your Parents off the Internet" from May, 2001 where the dad character says "I want to be on the Interweb!".

On A&E at 20:32 CST on Friday, November 26, 2004, a commercial for HP was witnessed where the phrase "Are we on the interweb?" was used.

sailorboy

UAC offer website open !!

UAC have opened their main round offer website !!

Go get'em buddies !!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)