offer cutoffs published (1 Viewer)

hasterz

HSC
so minai , why do you think there has been such a dramatic lowering of almost all the courses?

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
I expected UWS to drop, we were told it would happen. But UNSW? That was unexpected. I could get into half the courses there now, which I would never have dreamed of in last year or even in 2003.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
clairegirl said:
no there's been more places offered
I heard that there was less demand and more places being offered at some Universities. So it is a combination of the two and it will differ between Universities:).

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
I had a 0.4 margin and was giving up hope...it stayed the same. PHEW!

daiana

Mmmeo0owwWw
HSC
Supply increased, demand decreased [by shitloads]

i cant believe B Arts at UNSW is sooooooo incredibly LOW!!!!!!!! 78!! Engineering 75! holy sponges!

Does this mean that the ones who ddint study so hard for their HSC who got in the 70s as their UAI will be doing a course coz they think they can do it simply bc they got accepted? they'd have to learn how to study... and if they dont.. well.. the extra HECS places wouldnt mean much to them in the end coz quite a few could end up being firstyr dropouts!

fluff

HSC
yeah.. that's what I've been trying to find out too. the guy at the lecture predicted 90-93 but it obviously rose higher than that i guesss :(
i'm thinking mid 95-96...

LoneShadow

Uber Procrastinator
HSC
N/A
Bahahahaahaaahahahhahahhahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahahah!.....i can't stop laughing at UWS....:D:D:D:D:D.......in 2004 they increased the UAI cut-off for adv science to 97...higher than Sydney and NSW...and of course..all other Unis........But these year since no one [exagerated for colourfulness:D] aplied there...they have reduced it to 90. :D:D:D..........a sign of an excellent uni!!!!!!:D:D

Last edited:

a little lost

relationships pfft
LoneShadow said:
Bahahahaahaaahahahhahahhahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahahah!.....i can't stop laughing at UWS....:D:D:D:D:D.......in 2004 they increased the UAI cut-off for adv science to 97...higher than Sydney and NSW...and of course..all other Unis........But these year since no one [exagerated for colourfulness:D] aplied there...they have reduced it to 90. :D:D:D..........a sign of an excellent uni!!!!!!:D:D
the uai's are represented by the last person that was accepted into that course at that uni. its not like uws just went oh i feel like increasing it to 97 to make it look good. So i don't know why ur laughing because ur just making urself sound bad.

Gemstone

Oh my goodness. What a drop. Wow it's just about everything. I couldn't believe I got into the course I wanted. I even got into it without need the extra points for it being local. Which means it drop a heck of a lot. Wow that's made my day.

LoneShadow

Uber Procrastinator
HSC
N/A
a little lost said:
the uai's are represented by the last person that was accepted into that course at that uni. its not like uws just went oh i feel like increasing it to 97 to make it look good. So i don't know why ur laughing because ur just making urself sound bad.

I know UAI cut offs are mainly due to popularity; but a drop of seven point in a course like adv science is just far too much. As UWS is trying to compete with USyd and UNSW, they have to at least stay in the correct range. UWS knows very well that students tend to apply for USyd and UNSW because of their international recognision, teaching quality and money the spend.

But wat da hek.....it made the day of many students!:D

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
LoneShadow said:
I know UAI cut offs are mainly due to popularity; but a drop of seven point in a course like adv science is just far too much. As UWS is trying to compete with USyd and UNSW, they have to at least stay in the correct range. UWS knows very well that students tend to apply for USyd and UNSW because of their international recognision, teaching quality and money the spend.

But wat da hek.....it made the day of many students!:D
ur an idiot

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
daiana said:
Supply increased, demand decreased [by shitloads]

i cant believe B Arts at UNSW is sooooooo incredibly LOW!!!!!!!! 78!! Engineering 75! holy sponges!

QUOTE]

That's lower than UWS arts last year

HSC
daiana said:
i know! it was something like 85 last year, so that's a huge drop. i was wondering how else they'd let a dumbass like me into unsw.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)