OCing AMD64's (1 Viewer)

Jayphen

super disco breakin'
HSC
Does anyone have any experience with this? I'm currently in the process of running prime95 for an hour to check the stability of my HTT overclock.

The method I'm using is a long one, but should be worth it in the end.

I'm finding max HTT, then CPU frequency, then RAM speed, then HT. Then I'll whack it all together.

Jayphen

super disco breakin'
HSC
oh I didn't need a guide, was just wondering what experiences other people have had

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
Experience doesn't really matter. Each chip, even with the same marking, have different levels in terms of overclocking. Just because a chip achieved one particular setting doesn't mean another is capable of the same. It's best to do an exhautive trial until the limit, and then step down a little.

Jayphen

super disco breakin'
HSC
I think I'm stable now at 2.5ghz (250HTT @ 10x multi) .. 1.57V Vcore
PC3200 RAM is @ 333DDR (208.3mhz) 2.5-7-7-3 1T @ 2.8 VDIMM

Right now CPU temp is @ 31C and MB temp is @ 35C (I looked it up, and apparantly it's common for the MB temp to be higher than CPU temp on the a8n-sli premium board)

I'm gonna run Prime95 from Friday night until Monday night while I'm away to be sure of the stability.

One question I do have though.. In my Bios, the highest I can possibly set Vcore is @ 1.55V.. I know for a fact my mobo supports alot higher than that, but the option isn't available to me. Why would this be?

darksbane

Do Not Tap on Glass
HSC
I dont know if your board supports higher or not as I stopped using Asus due to bad experiences with their boards. I would suggest that you make sure there isn't a hidden option (eg a key combination that unlocks more advanced settings like in most Gigabyte mobo bios's) as I would suspect it would be somewhere like that if you know it definately supports higher.

Jayphen

super disco breakin'
HSC
Well after looking around and junk, I'm pretty sure it's my CPU that isn't allowing any higher voltage. The only way I can do it is with a hard mod, but I don't wanna mess around with a soldering iron..

I got it to 2.5ghz anyway and it's stable as a rock

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Is it a good idea for someone like me (with little technical knowledge) to o/c? I really want my 3DMark score to hit 5000-6000. Right now it's only at around 4400.

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
That could be achieved with some minor automatic video card overclocking via either Coolbits or Catalyst, depending on which version of 3DMark you're talking about.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)