Obstacles in the HSC (1 Viewer)

aleachim

HSC
Hey,
First time forum poster who was just wondering, are there any stories you know of about people who have otherwise been unlikely to have a great mark in the HSC but defied the odds. Just out of interest as a source of inspiration and motivation...
I'll get the ball rolling, someone I know was recommended by the teacher not to do Physics, worked their butt off, actively and efficiently went about study, and tops the class in the next test (not sure about if it was the grade) ... :uhhuh:

golfpro

HSC
N/A
aleachim said:
Hey,
First time forum poster who was just wondering, are there any stories you know of about people who have otherwise been unlikely to have a great mark in the HSC but defied the odds. Just out of interest as a source of inspiration and motivation...
I'll get the ball rolling, someone I know was recommended by the teacher not to do Physics, worked their butt off, actively and efficiently went about study, and tops the class in the next test (not sure about if it was the grade) ... :uhhuh:
my pet dog can score 100% on 4u math. no shit

nichhhole

asndihsCfuckingansbdiuahd
HSC
golfpro said:
my pet dog can score 100% on 4u math. no shit
and according to ur psych your dog also has an IQ of 132[or whatever it was..], Just like you.

dont be a fuckwit.

OP,

remember..
'The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do.--Walter Bagehot

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
PrettyVacant said:
<333

achieving 1000+ posts on bos and still managing to get 90uai .. . amazing. =o

that's my success story! ^_^

BoS was a huge obstacle in my hsc-ness. =o!!!

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
aleachim said:
Hey,

A serious response to your question - yes.

Last year I had a student who I expected to get in the low 70s at the beginning of Year 11 but through consistent hard work and incredible interest in the subject he ended up getting 88.

I was delighted for him and it does show that hard work can achieve wonders.

I use his story to hopefully inspire my current Year 12 classes (I have three of them this year so I feel like a full time Year 12 teacher).

PrettyVacant

HSC
shinji said:
<333

achieving 1000+ posts on bos and still managing to get 90uai .. . amazing. =o

that's my success story! ^_^

BoS was a huge obstacle in my hsc-ness. =o!!!
So did LottoX <33333333333333333333333333

He had like a million posts <33333333333333333333333333333333 but most were deleted =(

Sofstar

HSC
This is what my biology teacher told us anyway. Somewhere along the lines of a girl getting below 50% in her first Yr 12 exam and by the end of the year was getting top of the grade marks.

blakwidow

Banned
HSC
fOxYcLeOpTrA89 said:
my sister was absent 60%+ of skool due to being ill. her uai was 96.35 but was brought down as she was away for her latin hsc exam and was given a low estimate of 86 (below average for latin).
she was severely anaemic, her haemoglobin levels were 3/4 below the minimum (she shouldnt have even be walking), she had moved skools during yr 12, and our aunt had died.
this is an inspiring one

hope she is ok now

Affinity

HSC
nichhhole said:
remember..
'The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do.--Walter Bagehot
The greatest pleasure is to see people trying to defy your predictions, only to fail :D

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
Teachers try to bring my marks down in favour of other, more "likable" people (*cough* SUCKUP *cough*).

Anyways, last year i got first in computer studies. And i spent the whole year playing games. I was so proud.. :D

bored6

HSC
S1M0 said:
Teachers try to bring my marks down in favour of other, more "likable" people (*cough* SUCKUP *cough*).

Anyways, last year i got first in computer studies. And i spent the whole year playing games. I was so proud.. :D
I don't mean to be rude but you, good sir, are a right fucking whinger.

Last edited:

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
nichhhole said:
and according to ur psych your dog also has an IQ of 132[or whatever it was..], Just like you.

dont be a fuckwit.

OP,

remember..
Lol Nichole. That's awesome. <3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)