Obernwtyn related for Nav. Global (1 Viewer)

xandersnape

HSC
In the list of possible related texts I found Obernewtyn. I would really like to do it as a related because I loved it when I read it. Problem is I read it when I was... 11 years old or so and think it may be a little childish for Ext 1, not that Im saying I remember it being childish it's just I was a child when I read it. What do you think?
Then again, I read all the LOTR books and a tone of other older fiction in late primrary school as well.
Also Obernewtyn is listed as "teen" fiction at Dymocks and A&G.

Random thought: I just realised how much I hate that read means past and present tense.

Moenique

HSC
Honestly, just ask your teacher.
I read Alistair MacLeod's No Great Mischief for my assessment on Navigating the Global.

Whale Rider is another good book for the topic. Best of all it's not overly long haha, so if you're desperate I recommend that one.

__moonriver

HSC
Obernewtyn was my favourite book when I was 11!
However from my shakey memory I can't recall what it had to do with globalization... But my memory's terrible and I'm not even studying Navigating the Global.

yummy-cookies

HSC
Obernewtyn - yeah, i read that when I was 11 too.

It isn't the most 'literary' book, certainly, but it does have some the themes of local/gobal running through it. I actually think that The Farseekers would be a better choice in terms of Navigating though.

I guess as long as you can relate it as well as provide some deep and meaningful analysis, you'll be fine.

btw, how did you find the later books in the series? I could never get through The Keeping Place, it was soo long.

xandersnape

HSC
I decided not to do it in the end... late response I know...
I never finished The Keeping Place for exactly the ssame reason!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)