=O wow a non banned forum, I'm in! (1 Viewer)

meomeo

HSC
This year has been too strict on internet at school usage.
D:

Anyway, I need some motivation tips. I have alot of assessments due next week, that's not my problem, learning how to start early is my problem.

Any advice, apart from "get off your butt and do it"?

< < maybe spikes in my bed...

cs01001

HSC
Speaking about the school internet system, i personally don't like it. They block out Google images, some educational sites. They even ask you to put in your passsword when you try to copy some info across to MS Word. I hope the system can be a bit more flexible.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
^ Hehe. I hate it when those password thingos pop up when you copy and paste in Word. But I like to click cancel :D

For some reason, BOS worked on my account last week at school :eek:

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
Muahaha, my school uses some system from America, which can be easily bypassed by Firefox. But we only get 16MB dl a day T_______T

cs01001

HSC
We don't have a download limit, but the speed is horribly slow for downloading anyway.

Oh, there use to be a way to bypass the DET filters in Internet Options, but too many people were doing it and eventually it got disabled.

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
cs01001 said:
We don't have a download limit, but the speed is horribly slow for downloading anyway.

Oh, there use to be a way to bypass the DET filters in Internet Options, but too many people were doing it and eventually it got disabled.
Keep it to yourself when you find a new way. As far as i am concerned the DET portal thing is a piece of shit. Wtf is with the logining in >.>

cs01001

HSC
So that they keep track of what you do online. Yeah, DET Portal sucks

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
:p My school last year refused to implement the system and put it off for as long as they could being a senior campus. But I believe they have/to are implementing it this year as DET forced there hand. :care: because I have finished.

To the OP I really doubt any tips are going to work they are all tell you how you should plan and everything else but that isn't your probably you and only you can make yourself work and 'find the motivation' otherwise time to rethink why you are even in school. Harsh but true.

van.tango

HSC
Some geek has to work out how to pass the DET system and put it out somehow. It's not the CIA, it can't be watertight. We might be able to get around it someday. ;)

cs01001

HSC
If anyone wanna try my old trick to bypass the DET, I am happy to share it.

I don't know if it works anymore, as the trick has been disabled long ago at my school by the school admin, so if your school's admin hasn't plugged the hole, then give it a try!

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
I feel sorry for all you 08ers having some sites blocked which we have access to.

Then again, I love how they've blocked ninemsn (no news), Gmail (information and communication means for my Entertainment course) and Digg (no interesting news).

You could always use a http proxy to intercept the connection and browse any site you want (provided it doesn't use Ajax or Flash)... That's what a guy in my year has set up from his home. The speed is slow, but he only has a 256kbps upload speed.

jkylk

HSC
>.< The new school internet system thing, portal and DET email is SO annoying! It has blocked Google images and so many other random sites. I think the portal also needs a makeover. hahahahahaha... its too red!! =D lOL

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
SoulSearcher said:
Who cares, we've been using it for a long time now, get used to it.
Well, seemingly a lot of people do. It blocks sites that shouldn't be blocked, doesn't show images from Google when you need them, and is generally a major pain in the ass. The system is bogus, and everyone can see that. All the teachers at my school are unhappy with it. What skin is it off your teeth that some people don't like it?

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
...Just click the source IRL for images on google, and if the site isn't blocked then they will show up...

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
SoulSearcher said:
There's loopholes around all of that, find some.
Exactly. No piece of software is perfect, every system has flaws within it, so go find some.

wynnedoze

HSC
Why can't they unblock the sites, and just log people who access the "bad" sites. It would make it so much easier.

Did you know it bans certain colours, ie skin tones? what the hell do they call skin tone anyway? Maybe I'll just tint everything aqua...

They also banned their own government sites for a while, im not sure if theres access or not now, but the National Archives were banned. What kind of system is that?

I'm sure there are ways to bypass it, but I'm not programmer literate enough.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
SoulSearcher said:
There's loopholes around all of that, find some.
S1M0 said:
Exactly. No piece of software is perfect, every system has flaws within it, so go find some.
Oh yes and we all know of some way or someone who knows a way how to, but that isn't the point. The point is it is a poorly designed system that if anything although it does initially serves it's purpose by doing so it also stops students from research and learning what they should be/need to do at school.

cs01001

HSC
DET also invades student's privacy when they are capable of monitoring what we send and receive through the email system. They also ban swearing words in the email thing as well, lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)