• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

O Week if your not 18 (1 Viewer)

barneliscious

HSC
Hey i hear o week is just a monster piss up but i was wondering if it's any good if you're under 18?

lmnopq

HSC
i think you're mixing up o-week with conception day. o-week stands for orientation week and it's when you can join different societies and clubs. i don't recall anyone being pissed last year..

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
lmnopq said:
i think you're mixing up o-week with conception day. o-week stands for orientation week and it's when you can join different societies and clubs. i don't recall anyone being pissed last year..
yea Conception Day is the piss up...

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
barneliscious said:
Hey i hear o week is just a monster piss up but i was wondering if it's any good if you're under 18?
Then you're pretty much fucked aren't ya :)

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
barneliscious said:
You could be referring to Summerhaze...the dance party on the Thursday night of O-Week. And yeah, they do check ID.

nixy_00

HSC
so wat date is this summerhaze thing, i wanna see if ill be 18:D

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
Orange Juice said:
Will conception even be on this year? Can efcs really afford to fund it?
You mean EFS.

Well they have 6 months of SAM money so maybe we can expect half the size of a proper Conception Day. I think Conception Days will continue in the new VSU era, but it'll be a mere shadow of its former glorious days.

I really couldn't understand SAM's (or Di Yerbury's) decision to close it off to the public. It's like they didn't wanna make money out of it when it was going from strenghth and strength and was becoming the next Homebake.

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
EFS? what about the whole commerce side of it?

It was stupid to close it off to the public, even though it seemed quite easy to get people in last year. I doubt Conception day makes a profit to begin with just mq students, and so theyd take on a bigger loss as a result.

The risk would be too big for them to continue conception. I dont think anyone would be willing to fork out the money in hope of making a profit.

my 2 cents + gst

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
Orange Juice said:
EFS? what about the whole commerce side of it?

It was stupid to close it off to the public, even though it seemed quite easy to get people in last year. I doubt Conception day makes a profit to begin with just mq students, and so theyd take on a bigger loss as a result.

The risk would be too big for them to continue conception. I dont think anyone would be willing to fork out the money in hope of making a profit.

my 2 cents + gst
I know 2 years ago they had HUGE numbers of non mq...you could tell by the major drop in crowds last year. Sure people got in, but a lot more stayed away. They were gonna make it a proper event...tix on sale at ticketek, moshtix.com.au, etc...but then hey decided to restrict it.

ECFS is the name of the student society.

Commerce isn't an area of study. Everything in EFS is related to Ecnomic and Financial in some respect...so EFS it is.

Last edited:

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
Oh so when we say EFS were refering to the department?
Yeh i recall 2 years ago it was massive. I mean i guess the weather last year didnt help, but the turn out was pretty bad.

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
Orange Juice said:
Oh so when we say EFS were refering to the department?
Yeh i recall 2 years ago it was massive. I mean i guess the weather last year didnt help, but the turn out was pretty bad.
Yeah, it's the Division bankrolling SAM for second sem.

JOhnNiLiCiouS

HSC
or if your living at college, then yes, o-week is a monster piss up week. but thats ok... you can watch movies in the tv room like all the other under 18s... :D ...

CieL

HSC
oh gay

anyone wanna lend me a fake ID? better yet.. make me one?

CieL

HSC
Do you look like me by any chance? X]

CieL

HSC
All asians look the same so it's all good

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)