O-Week at Blacktown Campus (1 Viewer)

VX1-08U

For all those that don't know, it's all happening at blacktown campus for o-week (1st March to 4th March) ...

- Movies in the bar everyday
- Live bands/entertainment everyday
- Krispy Kreme donut promotions
- Red Bull promotions
- Inflates (had some surf board thing happening today)
- Information stalls.

On Wednesday the 3rd March

- Free BBQ
- Pancakes
- Pool Activities

I'm still cheering, scored a free uni showbag today ... freebies ... yay! The dj playing today wasn't too bad either - apparently he
appears on Nova 969. Oh yeah, also sign up for 'The Australian' paper promotion going on, $10 for 240 papers. You can pick up a copy monday-friday on campus, and the sat paper gets home delivered.

Went to Bankstown campus today also, nothing there tho ... pretty poor effort (however can't really blamed the BSA, since the university has been withholding funds from them). I sense a student protest coming up in the near future.

eviltama

Mentally Deranged Maniac
HSC
Yeah it was cool up at the uni today. Th dj sorta sucked tho... and the yo-yos in the damn shobags kept breaking :(

other than that, its nice to see the place cleaned up, the new paint job has done wonders

VX1-08U

When I was there the dj didn't sound too bad ... had some kylie and kelis (milkshake) mix going. So you were there nice and early were you? yo-yo's were only in the first 200 show bags. That Hahn premium keyring is tops ... ;)

Nice to see they're taking care of the place.

eviltama

Mentally Deranged Maniac
HSC
i didnt actually get a yo yo in my showbag, my friends did tho... so one of them went and asked and got me one :D

very grooveh..

and omg.. u were there at the same time i was! hehe oh well :D

VX1-08U

You might know my friend ... Aidan Murphy ... he was helping out in the hotdog stall (he's one of the student association people in the orange 'orientation' shirts).

Should have organised to 'meet up' beforehand ... me, you, natstar ... etc. Oh well, maybe next time.

Go the yo-yo's ...

VX1-08U

Originally posted by natstar
Someone come visit me this week. I live on campus and im sick of bumming round between my classes
Go for a swim ...

I hear UWS Blacktown is organising a cruise around Sydney Harbour at the end of the month ... If you go to that nats, i'll probably meet up with you there. See what happens.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)