O-Week 2005: Make Yourself At Home! (1 Viewer)

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
No, they're not ALL 18+ :)

Although the Roundhouse contains a bar, they'll be using a wristbanding system (i.e. if you've got a wristband saying you're 18+ then you'll be allowed to get drinks). :)

BillyMak

Silent majority
HSC
So they let you in even if you're not 18+, you just aren't allowed to get drinks? That's good :)

DavidV

HSC
Can i please ask you people to join the oweek forums!
these are the kind of things us yellowshirts want to answer :):)

but no the events as far as i know iwll not be over 18. As mentioned there will be a wristband system. The thursday night dance party may be the only night you might not be able to get into the roundhouse but Kid Kenobi will be playing in the Squarehouse and some pretty good hophop acts will be in the beer garden. That said they may change things this year and it may be open to all ages.

And i believe eskimo joe (unlike last year) will also be all ages howeverim guess that shall be confirmed in about a weeks time.

Kazuya

keio 最高
HSC
Can you go with friends, or is it better by yourself, so as to meet more people?

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
Well it depends, of course with friends you will be secure, but keep in mind they probably won't be in exactly all of your classes! O-Week is an awesome time to meet new people, especially at Faculty welcomes and tours where you're more likely to meet people doing your course. And of course, if you're lonely a Yellow Shirt like me is always willing to hang out with ya :D

*sarah*

HSC
hi, i was wondering if the campus tours will be held throughout the whole day during oweek? cause when i was looking at the arts&social sciences facutly timetable theyve only listed one tour at 2pm. Would i be able to do a tour, say on another day?

B

Bambul

There are tours on Mon-Thu at 2:00PM. They are all on after each faculty welcome, so if you go to your faculty welcome there is a tour that leaves from just outside where you are. If you can't make it for some reason then you can go on another tour (though you may end up being the only non-Engineer there or something). The tour leaders will be trying to tailor each tour to the type of students in the tour, so if there are a lot of Commerce students (for example), then they will talk more about the Commerce related buildings (John Goodsell, Quad, etc).

Here are the locations of all the tours and which faculty welcome they accompany (they are all 2:00PM-4:00PM):

Monday (Arts): Morven Brown Courtyard
Monday (Built Environment): Naked Lady Lawn
Tuesday (Medicine): The Pavilions
Tuesday (Commerce and Economics): The Pavilions
Wednesday (Science): Physics Lawn
Thursday (Law): Roundhouse
Thursday (Engineering): The Pavilions

I'll be taking an Engineering and Medicine tour, so if any of you are going on one of those tours you may have the unfortunate luck of getting me as a tour leader! Pray for mercy. :)

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
There's a BBQ at the end of the tour.... as far as I know, it's $1 for a sausage and a drink, but don't quote me on this!

I will be taking the Science and Arts tours, so if you spot me around or if you're in my tour group, just say hi! I'd love to see you guys! It makes me feel popular :D

shannonm

HSC
N/A
was that massive line outside e-spot waiting for student cards or diaries?
got redirected to e-spot to get the diary and saw a monster line so i didint end up getting the diary

RCMasterAA

I vant to suck your blood
HSC
The ANZ bag and the campus tour bags are cool, lots of free crap inside. Also give the jumping castle a go. It's free and you waive all rights when you sign their form to get on!

Curry

Zacsik!
HSC
Ghost said:
:D oh comeon ppl.....u can not beat the "Amazing Race" :D
Right on. Me and Ghost roxorz.

§eraphim said:
lol. the amazing race was a failure >.<
Na, it was pretty cool. Me and Ghost came second. We were beaten by second year students. Hehe, only 1 min difference between us and them. Oh they should be ashamed! :p

Last edited:

§eraphim

Strategist
HSC
N/A
i think i know who theyre are lol. hey who were u? i was the guy handing out orange tokens at unsw student central.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)