O-Day (1 Viewer)

psyfre

Supercalifragilisticexp..
HSC
I went today - What.A.Joke. I rang up yesterday asking if it was rly necessary to go cause i alrdy had somthn important to go to. And the lady said yeaaaaa - so i was like pfft, fine il come.

What did i get out of it you say? Nothing..ow wait - one of the lecturers name is Antonio and i can’t understand a word he says. Ye mad.

theone123

blue essence
HSC
o day is actually disapointing, not stalls n stuff, maybe welcome week hopefully be more promising.

artfag

Banned
HSC
are you doing design or communications? that guy was a twat
i also wanted to throw my shoe at that jeremy dude
god

Dumdida

HSC
N/A
i didnt find it so bad. it was just that i got the info of here and their website before they had to tell me :D but anyway i rekn its alright for someone who has no idea of what to do, hawkesbury pplz r really nice!

i know.. i went to Parra O-Day... crap.. its like a ghost town there... but i was there at the afternoon... so maybe that was the reason...

hows about welcome week? is it fun? what goes on?

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Welcome week is much more fun. Although, you must remember to go to your classes as well :p theres just alot of fun things to do, theone123 posted a thread up about it somewhere. And theres also stalls where you join clubs and societies.

psyfre

Supercalifragilisticexp..
HSC
artfag said:
are you doing design or communications? that guy was a twat
i also wanted to throw my shoe at that jeremy dude
god
lol! wat about the guy who wasnt gona b there cause he was going on leave...the one wit the scary eyes - he lookd like hannibal or som sht! he was fweakkyyyy:eek:

rekyj

Random Stranger
HSC
lol, yeah, and all the design lecturers looked like they'd just graduated and were so desperate to stay in the school system that they just... stayed at uni.

the pete guy who stole the lollies was cool though a little.. eccentric

antonio... my god, you'd be concentrating on what he was saying so hard you'd miss the actual point of his lecture. shiiiiiiiiiiit.

Jonathan A

HSC
O-Day is important. If you are not familiar with whats required then you are going to have difficulties getting involved or knowing your options. I suppose it comes down to the course you do. I went to O-Day for Social Science, it was a 30-minute talk about the units and textbooks we needed.

The Law Orientation was something not to miss. A talk from the Dean and Head of school, a speech by a Supreme Court Judge (who a day later sentenced a high profile murderer), talks by the LSS, tips on how to study and how to read cases. If people missed out, then they would not be aware of the items to be completed for the First seminar, i.e. reading and questions.

Remember people, your units are not going to treat you as first years. Remember there may be 3rd year students also doing your unit who don't want the massive introduction, so the university simply expects you to hit the ground running.

Jonathan A

HSC
giggles869 said:
i know.. i went to Parra O-Day... crap.. its like a ghost town there... but i was there at the afternoon... so maybe that was the reason...

hows about welcome week? is it fun? what goes on?
O-Day is not necessarily a fun week. The logic is obvious. No student organisation will waste all their efforts and resources on a day where only first years are there. They would prefer to have ALL students and make everyone happy. Keep an eye out for next week. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)