O-Day (1 Viewer)

hello

everyone!!!!:)
HSC
N/A
what happened? lol wat was the treasure hunt for?oh and how long did it go for? anything else happen. i got mine on friday but am curious wat happens

dieselboi

treasure hunt?
basically we sat around in a lecture room listening to ppl speak
(zzzzzzz...) and this continued for about an hour and a half.
Then I went to the BB building (where the student centre in WerringtonSouth campus is) and bumbed for a little bit. Nothing much happened after that -- there was a BBQ.
when is the tresure hunt?

hello

everyone!!!!:)
HSC
N/A
lol i dunno i was told there was treasure hunt, lol so u left before it ended?

HSC
N/A
what happened on o-day??
did they tell you anything useful in the lectures...
I so don't feel like going tomorrow esp. if its raining!

dieselboi

O
M
G
The rain was depressing, what happened to the sunshine?
Oh well
They get ppl to talk about the course u are doin', and in our lecture they got some past students to talk to us.
It was really funny, this guy who used to do design vis.comm said he was a dag when he went to his O-day, and he was totally intimidated by all the stylishly clothed designer ppl. But now he has finished his degree he realises those ppl probably spent more time in front of the mirror instead of working. HE was so blunt about it, and he spoke about his regrets- as opposed to the usual "I achieved this, I achieved that" jibberish that can be expected.
You will also be able to ask questions at O-day.
I guess you could meet new ppl but I didn't really meet anyone.
It's so weird, I feel like I am entering a world of mystery-- i know NO ONE

theone123

blue essence
HSC
My O Day, wasnt very good, primarily i believe it is becuz of the rain and plus at Parra, there is no shelter :(, the good side is i had pizza :D and i got free chuppa chups :D:D:D

theone123

blue essence
HSC
i doubt there was a tresure hunt, overall i fink the day was a waste of time, mine realli only went on for 2 hrs :(

theone123

blue essence
HSC
yea, we were in the room, about 100 odd students, introducing every academic staff and a success student who is getting a phd from uws.

Hottieflossy

i had orientation on monday and it was a complete waste of time because they focused their lectures on the international students that went to enrol on that same day and they kept speaking to us as if we didnt know english cuz they though everyone was an international student...and there was no treasure hunt or nothing...i thought they were gonna show us around the campus but they didnt do that either...at first i though i went on the wrong day but then i realised that everyone who was doing the same course as me were there (the ones who werent international i mean)

~Perfection

-Funked Up-
HSC
Originally posted by theone123
My O Day, wasnt very good, primarily i believe it is becuz of the rain and plus at Parra, there is no shelter :(, the good side is i had pizza :D and i got free chuppa chups :D:D:D
i didnt get any chuppa chups dammit.. :(
it was so boring!

theone123

blue essence
HSC
perfection, wat time u leave? teh cuppa chups were a coustesy of telstra, near the library

~Perfection

-Funked Up-
HSC
Originally posted by theone123
perfection, wat time u leave? teh cuppa chups were a coustesy of telstra, near the library
i left at about 12:30 and went over to the comp labs and had not much of a look :s
i went to the cafe and grabbed a coffee saw saw those '3' guys, but i didnt look accross to the library...

dieselboi

haha,
something really funny happened today at o-day.
When we split up into groups (ie. vis comm, media, social inquiry) after our course co-ordinator spoke to us some guy waited back to ask questions and when he showed the lady his enrolment info he found out he was in the wrong room!!
BAHAHAHA!! He was meant to be there for industrial design.
I thought to myself
OMG..
I did feel sorry for him. poooooorr guuuyy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)