nutrition (1 Viewer)

chomp

HSC
I want to do nutrition at syd
how many yrs is the course?
Is honours required to be a dietician and is the course hard?

uniform

!!!
HSC
I haven't done the course so i don't know if it's 'hard', though i'm considering taking it next year,
but i do know that the course is 4 years, with honours integrated in 4th year.
In this honours year, you get to choose between the Nutrition Research strand (where you complete a research project) or Clinical Placement strand. To be a dietitian, you have to take the Clinical strand.

Ellzz

HSC
I'm considering taking nutrition next year too, however i want to d othe exercise sport sicence/ nutrition double degree. Do u guys think its worth it? Would there be better employment prospects?

chomp

HSC
I dont think it will give u better employment prospects i think it will however help you if you wanted to do physio and nutrition but i dont think its worth it.
To do the clinical strand is that honours or its just apart of the course?

uniform

!!!
HSC
chomp said:
To do the clinical strand is that honours or its just apart of the course?
Both. It is built in, and if you do BSc(Nutrition) you gain automatic entry to honours in clinical dietetics, provided you get atleast a 60 average in first year, and 65 average in second and third year.

claire_bear

claire_bear
HSC
Hey, im currently studying nutrition and dietetics with exercise and sports science at sydney uni as a combined degree. Im going into my 3rd yr and im really enjoying it. The combined degree is 5 years and the single nutrition degree is 4 yrs. To be a dietician you MUST complete the 4th yr which is honours to be accredited by the dieticians association of australia. Sydney is the only uni that currently gives such accreditation so you cant just major in nutrition or what ever they do at other unis such as uni in a bach of sci. Search nutrition in the posts and u will find like 5 replies iv written bout both the single and double courses. If you have any questions feel free to send me an email or add me to msn and i would be happy to help:) Another thing... this degree isn't what i would call easy.. it has alot of chemistry and biochemistry.. its not just like vitamin a does this.. you eat calcium for this! It goes into difficult science... however in saying that its not terrible!
mischeivious_muffin@hotmail.com
Regards,
Claire.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)