Nursing (1 Viewer)

Loo

HSC
hey,
im in year 12 this year, and i want to do nursing at orange uni. anybody studying there, is it good. i eventually want to do midwifery, is it best to do them seperatly.... any info would be good
thanks

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
What happened to comms Katie? Good luck though!

I'd do nursing and midwifery separatly as it takes the same lenth of time (4 years) but you'll be paid for your final year if you do B.Nursing and Grad Dip Midwifery

Loo

HSC
oh righto, thanks. hopefully i will get in on early entry, if i dont get into uni, is doing enrolled nursing at TAFE a good option? and after you do it, do you have to have experience before you can go to uni for 2 yeras to do RN?

thanks loo

HSC
countryprincess said:
hi, i am planning to do nursing too i am looking more at wagga or even dubbo offers it, i am planning to do midwiffery, so if any1 has any info please give me a buzz
Did you know that Dubbo campus pretty much runs off Bathurst and Wagga via video links? I wouldn't go there if you could get into BATHURST or WAGGA.

moose87

"iwnf"
HSC
White Rabbit said:
Highest crime rate in the state and their dislike of Uni students? Yeah I know and it's detering me, but the hospital is pretty decent. Still haven't decided, I'm looking at UWS Bankstown too, which is actually looking good as Bankstown Hospital could employ me.
im from dubs but in armidale doing nursing...
dubs doesnt 'dislike' uni students...however - getting a job may be harder (ouside the hospital system) b/c we have alot of ppl (like me) that go home to work...
if u rent a place in dubs - you wouldnt be forking out a shit load in a good area...the crime rate thing is a bit of a dodgy one - show me a town that doesnt have crime - at the end of the day dubs wont expand as a 'uni' town if ppl jus say its a bad place - if i was leaving school in about 5 years and wanting to nurse i would stay in dubs...atm its a lil small for my like...but its up to u...have fun n good luck...

hubbamad

HSC
I have put nursing at Dubbo as my first preference, and i also live in Dubbo, go to boarding school in sydney. There is no "dislike" of uni students there that i know of. The truth is that you just gotta stick within the right circles of people... but it's like that everywhere is it? they have all new simulated wards and the whole stage 2 development is completely air conditioned. i went on a tour there in the hols before the exams and they told me there's only one subject in the whole course that is done by satelllite to Bathurst.
Dubbo is fine...plenty of job opportunities too........so apply there, as long as you don't take my place or raise the entrance UAI!!!

trace7988

<3 <3
HSC
White Rabbit said:
What happened to comms Katie? Good luck though!

I'd do nursing and midwifery separatly as it takes the same lenth of time (4 years) but you'll be paid for your final year if you do B.Nursing and Grad Dip Midwifery
Does the Pay pretty much make up for the fees for studying this course? im guessing not.. Do you know where i can get any info on the pay for the Grad Dip Midwifery? thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)