• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

nursing (1 Viewer)

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
..wish me luck for my discipline of nursing tutor at 1pm :):)

many thanks in advance!!!! <3

moose87

"iwnf"
HSC
Kittycat said:
yes, I think uts do have the best nursing course (hence the high uai)
where you going for prac?
i think ull find that even tho UTS has a higher uai - it doesnt then have the best course...
i do one clincal per week...then a 3 week prac block at the end of the month and then a four week prac block at the end of the year...
the uai is prolly higher cos the number of ppl wanting to do nursing in the city is greater then those wanting to do it here (armidale) or at a csu campus...

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Agreed, we've already established that UAI cutoffs have nothing to do with the quality of the course.

Also, don't forget Newcastle has a Nursing program (its been neglected to be mentioned thus far, and I just had to get my plug in :p)

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
LOL, thanks for that jess ;)

UNE has more pracs than CSU...we do a fair few, but not that much. Nice!

Kittycat

HSC
hipsta_jess said:
Agreed, we've already established that UAI cutoffs have nothing to do with the quality of the course.
true I guess

White Rabbit said:
I understand we need to have a uni degree to be considered a profession over a trade, however I feel we'd learn more of we were being taught in hospitals, rather than doing useless crap like Pavlov in Psych. I see the relivance, but it's hard to take it seriously when the lecturer likes to run off on tangents, AND we share the class w/ policing students. I just reckon I'd do better if I was taught in a hospital.
Yea true that the uni do make us learn things that well, at times appear obvious or useless. I think that we do learn skills in hospitals that cant be picked up in the classrooms but there is also much that can't be learnt at the hospital. I have to agree with you though about some of the useless crap we have to do, & sorta about the learning thing. The annoying thing about the uni system is that they try to make money by getting us to do some subjects that is obvious. I am currently doing this subjectivity & health care subject that is all about the patients feeling, patient-nurse relations & crap, I was like 'WHAT!! This isn't obvious already?' More than half of the stuff in this subject is like obvious. We could have used this time for prac in hospitals. I reckon that we will be better off if there is more prac time in hospitals, like LOTS more. I think there should be a better balance between classroom and hospital time. Perhaps more time during clin placements or do it more often?
lol about the sharing the same class with policing students. I remember having to share class with science, adv science, pharm & psych students... though this is not as bad as sharing it with the policing students (nothing against them of course). but what the...policing?

dark`secrets said:
a reminder that nursing expo is on this sunday.
Is anyone going by the way? tell ur experience.

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
Yeah, give me your Bachelor of Arts (Architecture), skip 3 years of design, ogm that'd be great.

Or I'll stick to my BScArch, gogogogo playing with computers all day.
:D

In reply to what someone said on the first page: he'll have a qualification at the end of this year, but won't be able to register as an Architect. (too many assignments, I automatically type Architecture now). Besides, I'd say anyone with such a degree would be highly regarded..... I mean, it's so broad and varied, and it's proven we have some sort of work ethic.... speaking of which, I need to go and do my design, drafting, history, and computing assignments. :D

Purp|e

miesynth
HSC
Josie said:
Yeah, give me your Bachelor of Arts (Architecture), skip 3 years of design, ogm that'd be great.

Or I'll stick to my BScArch, gogogogo playing with computers all day.
:D

In reply to what someone said on the first page: he'll have a qualification at the end of this year, but won't be able to register as an Architect. (too many assignments, I automatically type Architecture now). Besides, I'd say anyone with such a degree would be highly regarded..... I mean, it's so broad and varied, and it's proven we have some sort of work ethic.... speaking of which, I need to go and do my design, drafting, history, and computing assignments. :D
haha god damn, i want to transfer into either what you're doing, or what johnson is doing! sigh, i dont think i will have the marks ... if thats the case, may we swap identities?

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
Well the cutoff for my degree was 83.15 (I only beat it by .6..... go me!) So there is hope for you!
And there's only about 20 of us in it anyway.

X

xeuyrawp

I love it- the people who pull us out of cars and operate on the scene or in a speeding ambulance are under-paid TAFE grads, whilst the doctors that operate in a comfy room have been in the education system for like 8 years.

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Ambos are also Uni educated ya know. They have paramedics course at CSU and Flinders in SA. I'm planning on doing the extra 12 months once I finish my Nursing degree to do the paramedic course at CSU.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)