nursing @ UWS (1 Viewer)

ruski_gal

What kind of UAI should i be aiming for to get into nursing at Campbeltown UWS campus?
Its my childhood dream and if i dont get into that i dont know what else im interested in.
I went to an introductory thingo at woolongong and its UAI last year was 71.
Is this what i should be aiming for? or does Campbeltown generally have a slightly lower UAI??
According to people ive heard from at the moment im on target for approx high 50 mid 60 for a UAI. Is this good enough or do i need to work harder???

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
UAI for UWS Campbeltown is 60.05 :) It goes upto about 65, for the other campuses, I think (with Parra being the highest) But Nursing in general is 60 - 80, so you'd have a pretty good chance of getting in :) Plus, with UWS, if you sit the RET (I think thats what it's called) you get an extra 5 or 10 UAI points anyways.

-- WR.

MicK_eT

Terry mate!
yay other nursing "wannabes" i hope i dont offend lol cuz i wannabe a nursing student person too hehehe...... and im seriously considering the campbelltown campus for nursing too heheh CSU and ACU are just too far away

ruski_gal

What is a RET?? and how do i find out more?? should i ask my carrers advisor at school? They should know hey. Do you get extra points for living local too? cos i live only half an hour from campbeltown.
ooo im excited. i cant wait to go to uni. meet new people, try new things. its gonna be cool.

And Mick_et you didnt offend me. heaps of people i know want to be a nurse!
But they always come running to me when they need a band aid!! Yeah go me!! hehehe

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
LOL! Me neither, I wanna be a nurse and am proud ;)

But Ruski, ask your careers advisor about the RET Test, mine knew about it - I'm Bankstown area. I don't know about the extra points for living local though. :) Good Luck :)

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Oh fair enough. I think my school gets told :confused:

.......I hope my school gets told...:worried:

ruski_gal

ok ill ask when i go back after holidays. If anyone thinks of anything else that might help any of us lil nursing wannabes then feel free to write it down and post it up here. Any help is good!!

Is campbelltown a nice uni?? and it has the gym too doesnt it. Do students get in free?? or at a discounted price? Just curious.

Wish me luck with my trials in august. AHHHHH!!

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
My sister went there and loved it :D Don't know much about the gym though.. LOL.

Also, bout the living locally, thats what the RET is. It's the Regional Entrance Test. You can only sit it if you live in the region of Greater Western/South Western Sydney.

Good luck with your trials!! (I got mine week 4... Can't wait for this to all be over!)

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
..In regards to the RET, UWS is sending all the forms to anyone eligble now.. I got mine of Friday and pretty much half of Sydney is in the catchment zone ;)

But anyone who is eligble should recive the forms and such very soon :)

ruski_gal

yeah i got mine on friday too but i was in qld so i payed for it and posted it today. Its on my birthday!!! That sux!! its the only time my birthday hasnt been on a school day for years and its always had exams on it since yr 10!! oh well hopefully ill be able to do it in the morning on my birthday then go out and party afterwards.

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
lol... you can always do it on the other day... whens ur b'day, saturday or sunday?

You were in qld?? mate, your lucky ;)

CorkDagga

i go to campbelltown uni but i wouldnt say campbelltown is the nicest uni but i dont have much to compare it to. the only other one ive been to is wollongong.

as for the uni its $2.50 if your a student and $5 if you arent a student

ruski_gal

saturday the 13th is my birthday. I figured if i do it at 8:30 in the morning then i can still have fun and go out in the arvo. Its my 18th so i wanna enjoy it without having to worry i have to do an exam the next day.
Qld wasnt that hot. It was good but. I got to feed dolphins! hehehe.

Wollongong is a nice uni but the uai's are higher and i dont think i would get in to that uni. Its a bit of a journey too up and down mount oozly whenever i had to go to uni. C'town is more conveinent for me. As long as i get taught i dont really mind.

Gleb1

HSC
hey i called today enquiring about the RET test in UWS they told me they doint do RET test anymore but one thing what is a test similar than RET isint it STAT test similar ? :confused:

SSRabbitohs2009

28:06:42:12
HSC
Howdy
I'm a nursing 'wannabe' too.
I haven't really been looking at UWS (I kind of jumped the gun and picked a uni)
So, checking out UWS will definately be on my to do list.
I haven't heard of the RET test either S:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)