Nursing degree ay Uni Syd (1 Viewer)

Truly_bored

HSC
Is it true wat most ppl say, that Uni Syd isn't that good a place for studying Nursing and that UTS as well as UWS is beeta than Uni SYd ????

zannaz

Deloused
HSC
Most people will say anything good about their own experience at a particular uni, without really knowing about the true nature of other courses at other unis!

Nursing at Usyd hasn't got the highest UAI cut-off due to demand/popularity but the actual course itself, is quite good and is an excellent place to study nursing. My friend is a science/nursing student and is quite impressed with the practical focus that Usyd nursing has and close relationship with RPA hospital!!!

Doing nursing anywhere would do because the demand for Nurses is very high and epmloyment is almost guaranteed!

santaslayer

HSC
nursing is good at all reputable unis man....usyd would be good if u wanted to go overseas to work......eg england

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
I was seriously looking at the course (as it's an excellent leadup to Medicine) and to be honest Sydney struck me very well. The facilities at Mallet St are up to date and well maintained, the staff are very experienced and helpful educators, and they were prepared for any question I threw at them. The only annoying thing about Nursing at USyd was its location - it's an annoying hike from the Quadrangle to Mallet St, unless you live at John's or Sancta Sophia, of course.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
No, I didn't get Medicine. I decided to take a Science course over a nursing course, my reasons were threefold.

1) Interest
Nursing looked like a degree which I would find difficulty maintaining interest with. It is challenging and dynamic, yes, but I was afraid it may turn me off medicine entirely.

2) Length
Nursing is longer than Science, and I didn't want to be paying for an extra two years of degree which I would ultimately not be using.

3) Relevance and customisability
Science at any university is far easier to cutsomise than Nursing, as a B Sci can be in just about anything. Thus I could maintain interest in my degree (and hence a high standard of marks) by choosing subjects I enjoy, as well as subjects that would prepare me for the GAMSAT. Add to this the fact that I could later combine Science with Arts (International Studies) or Law, and you have a winner.

Finally, UTS does not take your UAI into account when processing internal transfer applications. SCORE! :D

santaslayer

HSC
man, that site is full of complaining, angry, and pissed off nurses (although i found like 2 which were totally the opposite). lol

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by santaslayer
man, that site is full of complaining, angry, and pissed off nurses (although i found like 2 which were totally the opposite). lol
well they have all the rights to b like that....its a crappy job in terms of conditions and stuff!

Kittycat

HSC
Originally posted by Lexicographer
2) Length
Nursing is longer than Science, and I didn't want to be paying for an extra two years of degree which I would ultimately not be using.

Hmmm...nursing is only 3 yrs.

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by freaking_out
good- those are the two majors that i'm gonna work towards in my science degree. :)
I didn't know you could have two majors

lengstar

HSC
would that friend happen to be caroline? cause she's the only on i know doing nursing/science

Collin

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Calculon
I didn't know you could have two majors
You can, and you're encouraged to double major.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)