Nursing at Hawkesbury? (1 Viewer)

apathy_

HSC
currently its (city campus) 81 and at kuring gai is at 78.

chander_87

HSC
hi
I am currently in yr 12 and want to study nursing next yr. Can someone please inlightenin me on how intersting the course is?

GirlGoneMad

Kitten Kong
HSC
I'm in my 1st semester now (full time) and I'm finding it interesting so far. At UWS the units are Nursing Context, Nursing Therapeutics (nursing skills), (you do these every year) Nursing Science 1,3 (Psychology) and Nursing Science 2,4 (chemistry, biology, anatomy, physiology etc.) The sciences you only do 1st yr. You also get to choose 2 electives in the 4th and 5th semesters.

In 1st semester, you do:
Nursing Context 1 (focusing on Aboriginal health, primary health care and law) - 1 lecture/workshop
Nursing Therapeutics 1 (basic nursing skills like CPR, Blood pressure, pulse, care plans) - lecture, tutorial, skills tutorial, practice session
Nursing Science 1 (psychology) - lecture, tutorial
Nursing Science 2 (chem, bio, anatomy, physiology etc.) - lecture, tutorial, lab

In my opinion, the best and most interesting subjects are NS2 (because of what you learn about the science of the human body) and NT1 (because you learn practical nursing skills). If you like nursing, you will like most of the course. Just like anything you study there is always a tedious part you dont' like as much as the rest but you do get through it and move on to more interesting stuff.

Hope this info helped. I love nursing so I am enjoying the course. If you're keen on nursing or the medical area you should enjoy it too.

chander_87 said:
hi
I am currently in yr 12 and want to study nursing next yr. Can someone please inlightenin me on how intersting the course is?
the course is sooo cool... definately really interesting!!! (my last lecture was on defaecation lol or as as i like to call it .. poo)
im into my 6th week and ive learnt stuf such as:
psychological behaviours, basic sciences - chem, bio, physiology
and we get to:
do cpr, blood pressure, vital signs, feeding each other... etc and you have these dummies - really really heavy, and you treat them like your patient... they have IV drip needles in them...
so basically nursing is really good... but do get prepared for all the gross stuf - like cleaning up poo, pee, puke... and other bodily fluids... :p
i think we also learn how to inject ppl this year :D

haha yep! :uhhuh:
im surprised they trust first years with that...!!
i get to go on clinical in a few weeks.. i have to wear that BUTT ugly uniform.. on public transport...:( soo ugly.. the pants.. haha are sooooo high!
who ever designed the uniform definately didnt want the nursing students to look good!!

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Well atleast you can all look ugly together then :p atleast your not going to be the only one that is wearing the nurses uniform.

lol yer
the dresses... i would describe these as white boxes.. so straight.. so long... *cringe* oh yer NO ALTERATIONS ALLOWED!!!
and the pants... look like the pants my grandma wears... u know the ones that are worn just under the boobs.. haha and the shirts.. they are ok... fairly nice...

the uniform wouldnt look as bad if the pants werent soo high... and had some style!

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
giggles869 said:
lol yer
the dresses... i would describe these as white boxes.. so straight.. so long... *cringe* oh yer NO ALTERATIONS ALLOWED!!!
and the pants... look like the pants my grandma wears... u know the ones that are worn just under the boobs.. haha and the shirts.. they are ok... fairly nice...

the uniform wouldnt look as bad if the pants werent soo high... and had some style!
I'd laugh, except I am not that slack. As long as you like what your doing though. Maybe there might be a revolution in the dress of nurses :D

lol yer.. but u should see these uniforms....!!!!
soo ugly!!!
u will see some around in the coming weeks, cos we are all going on clinical...
arghh public transport in that ugly uniform.. its gonna be hell

HerO

Banned
69 Penis Avenue, Dickton Pussyville 6969.
HSC
Cape said:
I'd laugh, except I am not that slack. As long as you like what your doing though. Maybe there might be a revolution in the dress of nurses :D
I'd like 2 see the nurses turn into those nurses u see on tv, like show more cleavage, don't wear any panties and wear tight skirts...:cool:

yer laugh... everyone else has... ! lol
but its ok.. its only for clinical... at least when we become real nurses we wear stuf like they do in SCRUBS...
apparently the nursing uniform was designed like that to specifically cover the butt and avoid cleavage
hell the shirts are the length of my skirts..!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)