• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Number of historical periods... (1 Viewer)

imsooverskool

theres a fire in my pants
HSC
hey guys i just found the other day that our teacher is goin to make my class fail...

instaed of soing two historical periods like evry1 else is we are only doing one, which gives us only one option to do in the exam, its either persia or fucking persia! im really scared because what if the q for persia is hella hard and that the only choice my classmates and i have! grrrr is nebody else out there only doing one historical period?

Fiona

Apparently you can either do one or two historical periods, and one or two societies... So... maybe you're doing two societies instaed?

malayz_angel

But yeah, I'll put in the same offer as Asquithian, p.m me if u really need help with Persia. Actually we're doing one period (Persia) and two societies (Sparta and Minoans) so I'm pretty sure that's what u must be doing too.

Wiggum

I'm doing two societies and one period, so really you're not that screwed, it just means u need to do your period really well. Besides, 1 of your societies should overlap your period so it shouldn't be too hard.

I did a bit of Persia in year 10 for an history elective, so if you need anyone, just ask :)

girlee281

Mmm the other's are right. It's:

1) Historical period

2) Society

3) Society

4) Personality

The society is where you have the option. The layout of the HSC is. An essay on an historical period. You have two essay topics to choose from.

Then with society, there's short answers and an essay. You can choose to do say, Sparta for Short answers, and Persia for an essay, or the other way around. but you can't do persia for both, for instance.

Then its a three part structured essay on your personality.

I hope that helps.

Fiona

Indeed... I believe you have the option of doing either a second Society or a second Historical Period...

Our school is doing a second Historical Period... so I'm doing all Roman stuff apart from the 2nd Historical, which is New Kingdom Egypt... :)

Wiggum

I have so much more information about my societies than i do about my historical period. In order to get them i've had to do so much more work. If it's a period that doesn't involve your society then yes it would be more work since you'd have to learn part of the society in order to understand the period.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)