Nuclear Chemistry Assignment (1 Viewer)

Keech

HSC
righto fellas. syllabus 12.4 f) assess the accuracy of scientific information presented in mass media by comparison with similar information presented in scientific journals'.

the actual task requires me to find part of a scientific journal with reference to radioisotopes in medicine and/or industry.

needless to say I'm struggling to find any! :(
been hunting around for a while now but cant find any, :detective: so if you know where i could find any/you've done the assessment could you lend me a hand??

Cheers

Keech

HSC
Awesome stuff buddy, hopefully it'll get me through:biggrin:

Keech

HSC
have you got any disadvantages of using Tc-99 in medical instances? it doesn't seem to have a negative impact on the patient due to the short half life and weak gamma rays, maybe something to do with its production from Mo-99? not sure.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
have you got any disadvantages of using Tc-99 in medical instances? it doesn't seem to have a negative impact on the patient due to the short half life and weak gamma rays, maybe something to do with its production from Mo-99? not sure.
Gamma ray emission is a negative as it can affect the surroundings, can affect the workers, etc. (its dangerous).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)