NRSL cut offs (1 Viewer)

Rayanaldo

HSC
N/A
I just called UTS to ask them what the NRSL cut-off is for B Business. They said it is the same as the RSL cut-off, 90.15.

I thought most courses had lower NRSL cut-offs compared to the year 12 ones? Or do they just say that because they can't give out the actual cut off for NRSL?

Because my UAI was 74.85, that means I wouldn't be able to get into that course even if I attained a GPA of 7 after 1 year full time study.

Could someone who knows more about this explain it better for me?

Thanks.

klh

HSC
what are uts's criteria for nrsl for entry? according to the uac guide, it doesnt look at your uai but at least 1 yr full time study or equivalent. ring them up to clarify as im not entirely sure, but they also say you must also submit a personal questionnaire for extra points too.

Rayanaldo

HSC
N/A
klh said:
what are uts's criteria for nrsl for entry? according to the uac guide, it doesnt look at your uai but at least 1 yr full time study or equivalent. ring them up to clarify as im not entirely sure, but they also say you must also submit a personal questionnaire for extra points too.
I actually asked them today about the questionnaire and they said that those applying for B Business are not required to submit. Even if you did, they wouldn't consider it for that course.

klh

HSC
no required...but if it supplementary why not give it a go? it may boost your chances and there is no harm done.
but about the entry requirements, im not sure but it seems like they only take your uni marks into account for nrsl. thats what i wanted you to find as then your uni marks will at least give you a better chance.

i think that you should also judged nrsl's like the uni, it may depend on demand.

Rayanaldo

HSC
N/A
klh said:
no required...but if it supplementary why not give it a go? it may boost your chances and there is no harm done.
but about the entry requirements, im not sure but it seems like they only take your uni marks into account for nrsl. thats what i wanted you to find as then your uni marks will at least give you a better chance.

i think that you should also judged nrsl's like the uni, it may depend on demand.
I know. I want to submit the questionnaire. But on the UTS site it says only those who are applying for Leisure and Management and Law are required to submit one. They won't accept them for B Business in 2006 for some reason.

Also, I looked on the UTS site and for NRSL, it says they look at your results from your secondary, tertiary OR equivalent studies. Does that mean they could only look at my uni results?

klh

HSC
i believe so but please please confirm it with UTS as im not privy to their policies as i am with UWS.

Rayanaldo

HSC
N/A
Just got a response from UTS about whether they take both secondary and tertiary results for NRSL. Here is what they said

Dear xxx

Thank you for your email.

The faculty will take into consideration your tertiary education if you have completed one year or more of full-time studies. If you have completed less then it will be your UAI. If you have completed a TAFE Diploma or Advanced Diploma then that award will override the previous information.

Regards

-----------------------

So I guess its only uni results then. Thats good because my UAI was only 74.85.

S

Shuter

Rayanaldo said:
Just got a response from UTS about whether they take both secondary and tertiary results for NRSL. Here is what they said

Dear xxx

Thank you for your email.

The faculty will take into consideration your tertiary education if you have completed one year or more of full-time studies. If you have completed less then it will be your UAI. If you have completed a TAFE Diploma or Advanced Diploma then that award will override the previous information.

Regards

-----------------------

So I guess its only uni results then. Thats good because my UAI was only 74.85.
You should clarify whether that means they will use BOTH your uni results and UAI in some weighted amount, not just uni results purely.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
It's been known that it does depend on each uni, and each individual faculty on their entry process.

Purp|e

miesynth
HSC
jah.... ive spoken to my faculty at uts, the faculty i wanna transfer too, student admin + info centre (twice) ... then to a guy at admissions on info day ... and each time i got a different story :)

very annoying ... but the guy i spoke to on info day said for certain that in my case its 100% uni marks :D so yeah i guess it must just depend on uni/course.

Rayanaldo

HSC
N/A
Purp|e said:
jah.... ive spoken to my faculty at uts, the faculty i wanna transfer too, student admin + info centre (twice) ... then to a guy at admissions on info day ... and each time i got a different story :)

very annoying ... but the guy i spoke to on info day said for certain that in my case its 100% uni marks :D so yeah i guess it must just depend on uni/course.
What faculty you thinking of transferring to, btw?

Rayanaldo

HSC
N/A
Just called UTS to clarify what results they take into account for NRSL.

They said if you complete one year full time study at another uni, they only look at your uni results.

I then asked them whether year 12 results are used as well and they said no since I would've completed one year full time at UWS.

So there you go. It's only uni results for NRSL.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)