• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

NRL Thread (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiga

Im sure if they had a better coach they might go better, not a waterboy. Im sure that would also mean their players are kept in line, discouraged from sexually harassing ppl and told not to shit in ppls showers...

Pace Setter

Schoolies_2004 said:
Yes you need more games, but it still doesnt mean the side didnt have a great game. For the Sharks, we beat the Roosters once, Beat the Bronco's once away and lost in golden point the second match, had two close gamed with the Dogs, should have beat the Dragons 2nd time round if it wasnt for a non-try being allowed which turned the tide of the match, had like a 20 point lead on Penrith and lost it in second half.....

There are more examples of this, but these are some off the top of my head. This shows that the side just didnt pull off some flukes, they consistently matched it with good sides.
The competition on the whole was relatively evenly matched on a consistent game by game basis. I'll go back to my team again to show how lower-ranked sides "matching it with higher-ranked sides" weren't simply a feat monopolised by the Sharks. Let's selectively observe various games between Knights V (Roosters, Dogs, Broncos, Dragons, Panthers), as you have done for the Sharks.

Had a close game with the Roosters, where had it not been for a couple of exceptionally controversial ref decisions in the last 2 minutes, we probably would've won. Beat the Broncos first time around and had a close game second time, beat Panthers first round, thrashed the Dogs first game, and had an 8 point lead in the 2nd half against the Dragons.

Again, this "competing and occasionally beating the top sides" proves the "closeness" of the competition, rather than the "greatness" of the team with which this kind of information
is applied to.

Jiga

I believe it shows both greatness and closeness. N e way, Id rate Knights to go well this year off last years performance IF they retained their players. But they didnt. Sharks on the other hand, who were similar to the knights last year, did retain its players + gain some decent players = added to depth + quality of side

HSC
Pace Setter ..... Well said mate. Good to see a logical and unbiased point of view. Personally I think the Knights will struggle this year, but obviously if Buderus and Johns stay fit anything is possible. Good luck to them.

Schoolies_2004 ..... Where the fuck do I start? I'm really wondering if I should bother with you. Do you really believe any of the shit you wrote? Can you admit there is at least SOME bias involved in your posts...? Or will we have to go through each and every thing you write and make you look stupid?

If you insist on arguing, please let me know where to start...

matt#1

HSC
N/A
ohwhenthesaints said:
Schoolies_2004 ..... Where the fuck do I start? I'm really wondering if I should bother with you. Do you really believe any of the shit you wrote? Can you admit there is at least SOME bias involved in your posts...? Or will we have to go through each and every thing you write and make you look stupid?
Amen to that :D . I don't think this argument with Schoolies will end until the season starts and he finally sees how bad the sharks perform once again...but even then he will probably come up with a shitload of excuses.

HSC
matt#1 said:
Amen to that :D . I don't think this argument with Schoolies will end until the season starts and he finally sees how bad the sharks perform once again...but even then he will probably come up with a shitload of excuses.
Lol agreed. Fuck yes not long to go now. Charity Shield this week!! And how fucken good will round 1 be!!! So fired up, can't wait.

Jiga

Ive never said I was unbias idiot.

If you insist on arguing, please let me know where to start...
Bring it on, I want to see what you've got - hopefully something more than that merged piece of crap you call a team.

. I don't think this argument with Schoolies will end until the season starts and he finally sees how bad the sharks perform once again
Trust me, I cant w8, you've already been embaressed by that great win over Parra by sharks PL. Rd 1 we play Panthers, once we slaughter them, Im gonna give you guys so much shit.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Schoolies_2004 said:
Trust me, I cant w8, you've already been embaressed by that great win over Parra by sharks PL.
LMAO....how did that victory embarass me? I don't follow Parra...and it was only a trial match. Stop taking pride in such an insignificant game.

Jiga

Im guessing this will be the Sharks 2005 side

1. Peach
2. Goldy
3. Vags
4. Mellor
5. Covell
6. Dykes
7. BK
8. Stevo
9. Hilly
10. Lomu
11. Gallen
12. Ice
13. Bails

14. Nutts
15. Hutch
16. Leuluai
17. Sully

Thats got class written all over it, a good bench to!

HSC
Good god you are an idiot. There is no doubt you are supporting the right team.

Schoolies_2004 said:
The Sharks side was also virtually a brand new side, it had youngsters from JF, players from Newtown PL, Players from Sharks PL, and some dropped 1st grade Players - so that really does destroy your argument. No matter what, trial or not, a side full of seasoned first graders should put to shame a side like the Sharks fielded...but they didnt, in fact, they were beaten.
How does that destroy my argument? All I was saying is that the win is nothing to get excited about, yet you just can't stop bragging about it and saying how it proved you right all along. The Warriors beat Parra by 10 points... does that make them almost twice as good as you? BTW, out of curiosity, did Parra have all of their players playing? Please answer this question for me, thanks.

Schoolies_2004 said:
The Sharks side is something to get excited about, I know as a supporter of the team how good the players are, and the side will certainly rival the best in the league. Maybe your just use to your merged scum team, having the best team on paper but always failing, but you must realise, non-chokers dont stuff up with quality sides.

As for depth, the win over Parra illustrates our depth - case closed. The purchasing of players from Newtown and the dropping of some players from 1st grade adds to this fact. Heres one example of depth, in the centres we have:

* Vagana
* Mellor
* McGoldrick
* Mellars

This may not seem like much depth, but these are ALL first grade players, when you can afford to put 1st grade players in PL then you know you've got something going good - this also puts pressure on the top players to perform. In addition to the above list, players like Bailey and Hilder can also occupy the centres if need be, with an abundance of DEPTH in the backrow to fill their vacant positions.
Ok, you have 4 centres. IMO they are all shit. Vagana was a gun at the Dogs but your club turned him to absolute shit. Most Kiwis didn't want him anywhere near the national side.

Anyway, you are talking them up so much but I don't understand why? Ok you used centres from your club as an example so I will use centres from mine as an example...

* GASNIER
* COOPER
* Best
* Torrens

Plus Timmins (former Australian centre) and Creagh (junior rep back, now 2nd row) to fill in if need be. Not to mention Kelly who has limited experience but has played GF centre. Then you talk about knowing how good your players are, well so do I. And Wes Naqiama in my opinion is the clubs 3rd best centre.

So tell me what you proved by telling us all that you have 4 first grade centres? Dogs have Tonga, Loleesi, Harris not to mention juniors like Cutler and Phelps (??? correct me on names if I'm wrong)... oh yeah and Sonny Bill who can play there. Rorters have Monaghan, Walker, Cross, Soliola and Flannery who can play there. Broncos have Tate, Hodges, Berrigan etc etc etc.

I would probably prefer all of these centres to any of the 4 you listed (Vagina used to be good but look what you did to him).

If you were claiming to be a fringe 8 side possible of causing an upset then fine... However claiming you will be one of the best and expecting to win, as you can probably see, is quite stupid.

Looking forward to being slayed...

HSC
ohwhenthesaints said:
Good god you are an idiot. There is no doubt you are supporting the right team.

How does that destroy my argument? All I was saying is that the win is nothing to get excited about, yet you just can't stop bragging about it and saying how it proved you right all along. The Warriors beat Parra by 10 points... does that make them almost twice as good as you? BTW, out of curiosity, did Parra have all of their players playing? Please answer this question for me, thanks.

Ok, you have 4 centres. IMO they are all shit. Vagana was a gun at the Dogs but your club turned him to absolute shit. Most Kiwis didn't want him anywhere near the national side.

Anyway, you are talking them up so much but I don't understand why? Ok you used centres from your club as an example so I will use centres from mine as an example...

* GASNIER
* COOPER
* Best
* Torrens

Plus Timmins (former Australian centre) and Creagh (junior rep back, now 2nd row) to fill in if need be. Not to mention Kelly who has limited experience but has played GF centre. Then you talk about knowing how good your players are, well so do I. And Wes Naqiama in my opinion is the clubs 3rd best centre.

So tell me what you proved by telling us all that you have 4 first grade centres? Dogs have Tonga, Loleesi, Harris not to mention juniors like Cutler and Phelps (??? correct me on names if I'm wrong)... oh yeah and Sonny Bill who can play there. Rorters have Monaghan, Walker, Cross, Soliola and Flannery who can play there. Broncos have Tate, Hodges, Berrigan etc etc etc.

I would probably prefer all of these centres to any of the 4 you listed (Vagina used to be good but look what you did to him).

If you were claiming to be a fringe 8 side possible of causing an upset then fine... However claiming you will be one of the best and expecting to win, as you can probably see, is quite stupid.

Looking forward to being slayed...
I couldnt agree with you more from what i saw of Naqiama in the PL final last year he will be unlucky not to play FG this year.

Also we have exceptional depth in the centres as well with the ones that you mentioned there as well as another young kid by the name of Jamie Frizzo who partnered Phelps in the U/19s Kangaroos squad last year.

hows that for depth Schoolies_2004

Jiga

BTW, out of curiosity, did Parra have all of their players playing? Please answer this question for me, thanks.
There were two players who didnt play, Hindmarsh and someone else. I dont see how this changes the fact that the Sharks PL side beat a side full of seasonsed 1st graders - thats an accomplishment.

Ok you used centres from your club as an example so I will use centres from mine as an example...

* GASNIER
* COOPER
* Best
* Torrens
I dont rate Best or Torens. So you have two good centres. And you say you dont rate McGoldrick (NSW Union wanted him), Vagana (Didnt have good year last - but even the best players have forms slumps - ESPECIALLY after injury) and Mellor (Maybe you should watch this guy in action for the Sharks a couple of years back).

So tell me what you proved by telling us all that you have 4 first grade centres?
I have proven that my side can match it with the best depth wise, you have also proven this by showing the centres of other sides, all the good sides have around 4 decent centres for depth -> so do the sharks. Having said this, you also mention players like Phelps etc, the Sharks also have younger players coming through but its pety to mention JF players - BTW, remember sharks JF got into the GF last year, must be some ok centres their, but still, I wont mention these guys.

No, I cant see it as stupid. Maybe saying the Sharks will win the Premiership is due to some bias, as you would expect from a fan, but saying they will be potentially top 4 is quite reasonable. If you have a look at season 2004 for the Sharks, with a shithouse side we could have ranked in the top 8 if we had beaten teams like Souths, but inconsistancy cost us. In 2005, with a very new backline and a larger pack, I dont see this happening again

Last edited by a moderator:

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Schoolies_2004 said:
...and Mellor (Maybe you should watch this guy in action for the Sharks a couple of years back).
Who cares what the hell someone did a couple of years ago...what he may have done back then isn't going to win you the premiership this year.
...and thankyou for providing yet another reason for me to be excited about the upcoming NRL season....because I can't wait to see you have to eat your pathetic words. It will be you that is slayed in 2005.

HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:
There were two players who didnt play, Hindmarsh and someone else. I dont see how this changes the fact that the Sharks PL side beat a side full of seasonsed 1st graders - thats an accomplishment.
Hindmarsh, Cayless, Robinson I believe... probably their starting backrow. For fucks sake. All I am trying to say is GET OVER IT. You won a fucking trial match, do you understand that or not? It's not an accomplishment, it's a TRIAL. Like I said, Parra won all theirs last year, how did they go?

Schoolies_2004 said:
I dont rate Best or Torens. So you have two good centres. And you say you dont rate McGoldrick (NSW Union wanted him), Vagana (Didnt have good year last - but even the best players have forms slumps - ESPECIALLY after injury) and Mellor (Maybe you should watch this guy in action for the Sharks a couple of years back).
I don't rate Best and Torrens as more than back up centres, which we will obviously need with Gaz. But they are 1st grade centres, which is what you took such pride in having 4 of. Adding to that, IMO Gasnier and Cooper are along with Tonga the best centres in the game. And like I said, Wes is my 3rd choice centre, just needs some luck with injuries.

I do not rate your centres at all. Vagana was a gun with the Dogs but absolute shit with you. He will have to prove himself this year for me to change my mind. Mellar was good for the Sharks a couple of years back? WOW, who gives a fuck. He's shit, and Goldilocks is just fucken shithouse.

Schoolies_2004 said:
I have proven that my side can match it with the best depth wise
Lol, do you really believe that?

Schoolies_2004 said:
Having said this, you also mention players like Phelps etc, the Sharks also have younger players coming through but its pety to mention JF players - BTW, remember sharks JF got into the GF last year, must be some ok centres their, but still, I wont mention these guys.
The reason I mentioned them in terms of DEPTH is because they are junior Kangaroos. Please do mention your guys, if you know who they are. If we had Sims, Poore and Creagh playing JF instead of FG I'd be fairly confident we would have dominated along with the Rorters.

Schoolies_2004 said:
No, I cant see it as stupid.
You are the only one

Jiga

Hindmarsh, Cayless, Robinson I believe... probably their starting backrow. For fucks sake. All I am trying to say is GET OVER IT. You won a fucking trial match, do you understand that or not? It's not an accomplishment, it's a TRIAL. Like I said, Parra won all theirs last year, how did they go?
The accomplishment lies in what side beat them, Sharks PL

I don't rate Best and Torrens as more than back up centres, which we will obviously need with Gaz. But they are 1st grade centres, which is what you took such pride in having 4 of. Adding to that, IMO Gasnier and Cooper are along with Tonga the best centres in the game. And like I said, Wes is my 3rd choice centre, just needs some luck with injuries.

I do not rate your centres at all. Vagana was a gun with the Dogs but absolute shit with you. He will have to prove himself this year for me to change my mind. Mellar was good for the Sharks a couple of years back? WOW, who gives a fuck. He's shit, and Goldilocks is just fucken shithouse.
And your not biased? Vagana will go better this year without injury (hopefully), Mellor should go ok however their is a question mark due to his age, nevertheless hes strong in defence and Goldie although abit of a weakness in defence has some good speed in attack. I wont deny the merged scum have it over us in 1st grade centres, but depth wise, Id say we are equal. Not that it matters, Scum George could have the best centres in the game but still lose, it isnt easy with a waterboy as a coach.

You are the only one
It wont be the first time a team comes out from nowhere and has a good season, just look in recent history, the Panthers, come out fro being last to win the Premiership.

As for our JF players, I cant remeber their names unfortunately, not that it matters, until they have played 1st grade, along with any other youngsters in any other side its quite pety to consider them as 'depth' in a side.

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:
Trust me, I cant w8, you've already been embaressed by that great win over Parra by sharks PL. Rd 1 we play Panthers, once we slaughter them, Im gonna give you guys so much shit.
Are you serious? The Sharks are going to slaughter the Panthers. Right. In what universe? Even if the Sharks pull off some superhuman win it'll be by one try at the most. The Panthers are 5 times better than the Sharks on paper (and I don't even go for them).

Are you saying that the Sharks are unbeatable? Because that's a very strong feeling to have before the season starts. You haven't even seen your team play together yet. How can you be so sure they'll gel anyway?

matt#1

HSC
N/A
ohwhenthesaints said:

Lol, do you really believe that?

The reason I mentioned them in terms of DEPTH is because they are junior Kangaroos. Please do mention your guys, if you know who they are. If we had Sims, Poore and Creagh playing JF instead of FG I'd be fairly confident we would have dominated along with the Rorters.

You are the only one

Forget waiting for the start of the season, Schoolies, because you have been "slayed" right here by ohwhenthesaints. For this reason, I think that you should just give up your arguing right now while you are behind. You have been "slayed" so many times that your opinion is surely worth nothing to anyone in here anymore.
Its great to see that some of us in here are unbiased and know their shit....unlike you Schoolies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)