NRL : The Official NRL Thread 2006 (3 Viewers)

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
chocolate_lover said:
Knights have scored 233 points
Cowboys have scored 172 points
Roosters have scored 170 points
So technically, Roosters aren't the best attacking team, but they are up there.
Look at it, though. Cowboys have played five teams from last season's top eight, and the other best team in the comp so far this season.

Roosters have played Souths, Canberra, and Cronulla so far this season. And a very lacklustre Brisbane.

Seriously, they've had one of the easiest draws of all the teams to start the season. And their attacking stats would be average if Canberra didn't capitulate as they did in the last 30 minutes.

In terms of points per game, I think the Bulldogs are actually running second to the Knights. Knights are up near 40 per game, Dogs are at 30 a game so far, with a match against Souths tomorrow which could give them 40-odd more.

*mel*

Argh... why do I have the feeling that our Roosters aren't going to be moving up the ladder for quite a while. In the next month, we play the Dragons, Cowboys and Bulldogs. Doesn't sounds promising, does it?

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
politik said:
I am convinced that my team will end up with the wooden spoon this year. The Sharks need to start playing as a team.
i dont think so, at the rate the eels are going, the eels will get it, even with the whole warriors on -4 to start off with...they are playing so shit, its such a joke...what did i say at the start of the season, its going to be a long shit fuked up season (well somethign like that)

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Greg, just have patience.

Parramatta will improve, they have too good a team to stay down the bottom.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Meh Warriors, we havnt lost by much in our past few games, but I think the top 8 is out of the question.

vizman

HSC
i admit the broncos aren't in "prime" form, but good enough to beat most teams. on the othr hand sharks and roosters..well frankly they're stuffed :D

ledzeppelin

HSC
Ricky Stuart has lost the fucking plot
Finch continues to be rewarded for his ineptitude by being selected for first grade, while Soward, who shits on Finch in all facets of the game, has been shafted to the Jets
I used to think Stuart was a good coach, but now, I see what others have been telling me for ages
He's an idiot who is too proud/arrogant to do what's best for the team
I've already committed to going to the Dragons game, but after that, I'm not wasting my money if Finch keeps on being picked

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
ledzeppelin said:
Finch continues to be rewarded for his ineptitude by being selected for first grade, while Soward, who shits on Finch in all facets of the game, has been shafted to the Jets
I used to think Stuart was a good coach, but now, I see what others have been telling me for ages
I've already committed to going to the Dragons game, but after that, I'm not wasting my money if Finch keeps on being picked
Thought it was pretty funny myself, seeing:

First Grade:
7. Brett Finch
Premier League:
7. Jamie Soward

I'd take Soward over Finch, Anasta and Wing put together. L'estrange would do a better job at hooker than Finch or Wing, and Morley would be a better five-eighth than Anasta at the moment.

However, one must always think about the old tricks that coaches play .. don't want to reveal all your cards.

Which is why when I look at our squad, I think Brown *might* just be hiding the fact that Luke Bailey will be playing .. not sure, though.

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
Anyone is a better 5/8 than Anasta. ANYONE. EVEN ME.

The Dogs are playing solidly but we've got no hope of scoring over 30 points without Sherwin. Premier League won their first game of the season with him at halfback so hopefully it'll only be a couple weeks at the most til he comes back. Maitua is a great player but I think he's much better suited to the second row.

We'll probably lose this weekend. Smeh.

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
ledzeppelin said:

Uh. When i heard that Soward got dropped to PL on Fox, i fucken screamed. Forget it, Roosters have already lost the game. But even saying that, Id still go cos i have nothing else better to do with my life.

On another note, i was working at the Easter Show the other day, and i sold Mark Riddel & his GF a Shrek Plush toy and a Donkey Plush toy. It was friggen hilarious. He was lucky there werent any Pig ones.

Last edited:
HSC
The point about Anasta absoulutely right, and yeah ive always wondered why Finch was even bought by the roosters, after his shocking match losing performances in games wif canberra ( kicking a drop-out out on the full after the siren when the match was 20-20 V the knigths comes to mind) but yeah im am and always have been a diehard parra fan, and we are goin thtough similar coach-hating times as well, especially with the nuffy we r gonna get next year. Jason Taylor would be a better coach for next year.

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
Hodsgon out for 4 weeks is a heavy blow

Round 10 clash against the Knights should be a good one
Wests will have a full team besides Fulton... hoping noone else gets injured

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
WHOO HOOO!!! Finally we get another win! i better make the most of it before we get back to good ol' losing next week...

Its a good thign we won too, i think it was sterlo who said that if eels cant win without hodgson and marshall, at parramatta stadium then we got no chance when they come back.

Last edited:
HSC
dont be so doom and gloom mate, cayless, morrison and morris look back in form, altho i think the case wif morris is that beacuse he went back to hooker, where he is more comfortable

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
Well that was shocking.

Hopefully sports reporters will give up on the "Cowboys and Knights rock 4everssssss and are totally gonna make the final".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)