NRL : The Official NRL Thread 2006 (1 Viewer)

sideshowtim

HSC
Yeah, that was a great game. As the old saying goes though, come finals time anything can happen. Last year the Eels won the minor premiership very easily, everyone thought them and the Dragons were shoe-ins for the grand final and look what happened to them. Just hope Dogs and Storm aren't hitting their peaks a little too early.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
james_chappo said:
LOL. Tevitat Latu.....gun of a player. He's not too bad at woman bashing either. Oh and pity you guys broke the salary cap :p
With the benefit of hindsight, it is pretty easy to dig up old posts and tell people that they were wrong. Maybe you should make some predictions for next season and we can tell you in 12 months time that you were also wrong.

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
james_chappo said:
The Dogs haven't hit their peak yet. We've been cruising through the last few rounds. The storm on the other hand are going to lose sooner or later.
True, a lot of people are commenting on how well both teams are going, and that Melbourne having won their last 10 in a row, and 15 in a row at home, that they are bound for a loss, or even that they need one. I dont think this is the case though. Their success has been built from team spirit that has developed through the team and a "helping your mates" approach to their game. Everyone backs everyone else up. They are somewhat of a fortress in defence. Also with the over-supply of players avaible for the backs positions, they play for their spots each week.

With matches against the Brisbane (A), Warriors (H), Canberra (A) and Manly, they are not up against any of the teams that look like presenting dangers in terms of their form, but in saying that, each week is a new one. Brisbane in their recent form, regardless of playing at home, will struggle if Melbourne brings their same team (minus Slater) that left the field on Saturday afternoon against the Tigers. Warriors will struggle against at the Graveyard. Canberra and Manly however, will look like the teams to be watch against the Storm. Canberra have snuck into the top 8 fringe fairly un-noticed, and they will be liking that. Manly also, have been pretty quiet in recent weeks, and Melbourne have had mixed games against them over the last two seasons.

On a completely different note, everyone in the media is talking up Greg Inglis, Cameron Smith and to some extent Billy Slater, but Jake Websters haul of 4 tries against the Tigers last weekend has so far failed to rate a mention. Why?

Last edited:

Dougie

Procrastinating Member
HSC
james_chappo said:
I think it's a waste of time to make predictions at the beginning of the season. Anything can happen during the year. It's not worth making predictions until atleast round 20. I didn't mean any offence by my comments. I was just having a joke. I'm sure I will say something that turns out to be wrong. But the irony of the Tevita Latu comment.........shame.
things have changed in the last few years haven't they! just thing 5-10 years ago you could pretty much determine the finalist b4 the season. hope the salary cap keeps working, if that's what it is!

SarahMary

*Procrastination Central*
HSC
sideshowtim said:
Last year the Eels won the minor premiership very easily, everyone thought them and the Dragons were shoe-ins for the grand final and look what happened to them. Just hope Dogs and Storm aren't hitting their peaks a little too early.
To be honest that had nothing to do with the Dragons hitting their peak too early.... Unfortunately we've been an unpredictable side for a while now (as in years). Expect us to win a game easily and there's every chance we'll lose it. Expect us to get flogged and we might just dig in and win.

Random_87

HSC
N/A
Fuck the sharks annoy the shit out of me....

Sharks training session
Stuart Raper: Ok Boys! Great loss last week! Lets see how we can make it worse! Everybody, I've got a plan, how bout.... we just throw the ball away! Just throw it away! It would be classic footy guys! And that way we cant win! Priceless! Go Sharkies!

Fuck you knobs... What the fuck is going on?

blue_chameleon

HSC
Random_87 said:
Fuck the sharks annoy the shit out of me....

Sharks training session
Stuart Raper: Ok Boys! Great loss last week! Lets see how we can make it worse! Everybody, I've got a plan, how bout.... we just throw the ball away! Just throw it away! It would be classic footy guys! And that way we cant win! Priceless! Go Sharkies!

Fuck you knobs... What the fuck is going on?
Sorry to deliver the harsh news to you Random, but...

...its cos they suck!

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Brian Carney has been outstanding for the Knights this season. He will be a massive loss. Adam MacDougall is a decent replacement...but he isn't quite the dynamic player that he used to be.

sideshowtim

HSC
Yeah, Carney was one of the best defensive wingers out there, he was a good buy for the Titans who will be a bit of a force next year I reckon. Depends how the players gel together, because they certainly have the talent there.

blue_chameleon

HSC
Warriors 20 - Cowboys 0
Panthers 20 - Roosters 40
Sharks 14 - Eels 34

The Cowboys were kept scoreless and the Warriors managed 20. The Panthers v Roosters game didnt surprise, and with the good form the Eels are showing of late see's the in......the fringe top four?

One thing I noticed just now looking at the scores is...the three games played on Saturday all had points differences of twenty. Todays matches should be a good watch.

HSC
why is it that whenever a team loses the supporters say that its all the referees fault?

....i cant believe the knights lost :(

sideshowtim

HSC
Woo, so happy the Roosters got up last night. Won me 20 bucks in a bet too. All the young guns played and played superbly. Got alot to look out for next year.

lengy

HSC
I just got a St George Dragons flag :D and got my sister a Parramatta Eels flag.

RiCe_GrOwEr

Designated Hitter
HSC
N/A
$hiftyIceQueen said:
why is it that whenever a team loses the supporters say that its all the referees fault?

....i cant believe the knights lost :(
Well Stephen Clarke cost the Tigers the match big time today.

Bad luck Friday night, but GO MANLY!

Cpt obvious

HSC
I think the roosters can beat the eels next week and stop the eels winning streak

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)