NRL : The Official NRL Thread 2006 (1 Viewer)

Jiga

This years sharks pack isnt to shabby either, we've always had strength in the backrow, and we lost abit up front but Williams and Thompson can always fill in and Douglas is coming on nicely as well. Our problem however is the backs, we have both centres injured, and Kimmorley is way out of fom

Last edited by a moderator:

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
oscar_johnson said:
the sharks are just hopeless
An insightful first post. Welcome.

Anyway, there hasn't been any talk of the Slater incident from Round 4.

Here's the link to the footage ..

He copped seven weeks, I would have given him minimum 10-12.

It rates up there with Greg Bird's knee to the head, which was given 10 weeks.

Danny Williams' kinghit on O'Neill (I think it was O'Neill?) netted 18 .. attacked a man who couldn't see it coming .. likewise, Skandalis couldn't have seen the boot coming down on top of his face until it was too late.

Billy Slater is one of the dirtiest players in rugby league. At least he's out for two months (Melbourne have a bye in this time).

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
Slater is a dirty dirty dirty player. I don't know about 10-12, but he needed to miss a lot of football. Watching the Footy Show tonight made it seem like Slater had tapped Skandalis with his pinkie or something...seriously, did they see it? It was full on boot to the head! The man was on the ground for Heaven's sake! It's like people choose to not see his scumminess.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
snickerdoodle said:
Slater is a dirty dirty dirty player. I don't know about 10-12, but he needed to miss a lot of football. Watching the Footy Show tonight made it seem like Slater had tapped Skandalis with his pinkie or something...seriously, did they see it? It was full on boot to the head! The man was on the ground for Heaven's sake! It's like people choose to not see his scumminess.
Hidden agendas, dear.

Slater is needed for State of Origin .. 7 weeks means he misses SOOI, I think, but is free to play the second and third games.

Meh, NSW will pwn it anyway.

*mel*

Who has everyone tipped for Roosters vs Sharks on Saturday?

Morley's coming back!! And it's his 100th first grade appearance. Hopefully he can get through the game without getting sin-binned or something.

Dimorphic

HSC
**MeL**88 said:

Morley's coming back!! And it's his 100th first grade appearance. Hopefully he can get through the game without getting sin-binned or something.
He came back last week in our loss to Manly, and got a TRY!! Lets hope he does it again and the boys get a win for his 100th!

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
Slaters kick was heaps worse than Birds knee- wtf was the ref watching, if Skandalous stayed down, they would have stopped play and vid ref would hav told ref to send slater off

I agree with Dragons having the Combined best forward pack, even though indvidually there are better players

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
**MeL**88 said:

Jesus Christ! You're back!!! <3

I am up and about after the sickness this morning .. it sucks that I couldn't get to go to the City with the guys, though. They're probably watching Inside Man right now, and here I am, posting on BOS and doing Finance study. Life sucks.

sando said:
Slaters kick was heaps worse than Birds knee- wtf was the ref watching, if Skandalous stayed down, they would have stopped play and vid ref would hav told ref to send slater off

I agree with Dragons having the Combined best forward pack, even though indvidually there are better players
Too right about Slater. Skandalis clearly had his ire raised, and wanted to sort it out there and then. I'll bet you that he thought STRAIGHT back to the Williams/O'Neill incident, and figured the Storm are a bunch of dickheads.

*mel*

Dimorphic said:
He came back last week in our loss to Manly, and got a TRY!! Lets hope he does it again and the boys get a win for his 100th!
Omg really? See this is what happens when I choose something over going to the Roosters game, and I don't have fox, and then two radio stations broadcast Raiders vs Pathers, but not the Roosters game. I wouldn't have a clue what's going on...

DRAGONZ said:
Jesus Christ! You're back!!! <3

I am up and about after the sickness this morning .. it sucks that I couldn't get to go to the City with the guys, though. They're probably watching Inside Man right now, and here I am, posting on BOS and doing Finance study. Life sucks.
Ja. I thought anything today would be better than reading sociology crap... so I ended up at BOS (already managing to have a blonde moment), as well as waiting our BT matches to start all day. Haha life really does suck.

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
Reflecting on 2005 sweet memories and looking towards 2007 lol
Nah im sure they will bounce back next week against the sharkies

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
it was probly because of the fact that he is going to miss alot of game, not because of the pain. As i didnt see him cryin when he dislocated his shoulder previous times.

Brogan, have u ever shed emotion and cried b4. Have u ever experienced an injur as painful ???

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
HotShot said:
hey bookie just to prove that not only cricket is becoming predictable, TIGERS TO WIN against NORTH QUEENSLAND
There you go. You prove to us all that you are a dumb shit. I said earlier in the week that the Cowboys would win, and I was correct.

Don't try and debate with us, dude. You've got no idea.

brogan77 said:
See him crying in the dressing room like a pansy?!

Wotafag.
Stop being an ass, Brogan.

sando said:
it was probly because of the fact that he is going to miss alot of game, not because of the pain. As i didnt see him cryin when he dislocated his shoulder previous times.

Brogan, have u ever shed emotion and cried b4. Have u ever experienced an injur as painful ???
Dude, I can understand the sort of stuff you're feeling at the moment. The Dragons have been dealt similar blows so often that the feeling isn't one I will forget easily.

I feel sorry for Marshall (and for rugby league), because he doesn't deserve to cop this sort of injury. He is one of the greatest talents in rugby league, and a wonder to watch when in top form.

I don't feel sorry for the Tigers (or their supporters, which I guess includes you, lol), because there is too much ill-feeling between the two clubs now.

But Benji Marshall didn't deserve to cop this.

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
How many weeks do u reckon he will be out for ?

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
I know, man.

But it doesn't mean that he isn't allowed to be distraught when he realises his season is over .. or two-thirds of it, anyway.

Edit: @ sando .. by the look on his face after the game, I reckon you're looking at a minimum of 10 weeks ..

Bookie

Banned
HSC
hotshot said:
hey bookie just to prove that not only cricket is becoming predictable, TIGERS TO WIN against NORTH QUEENSLAND

NTH 22 TIG 10
so you predicted the tigers would win 50 minutes AFTER full time and got the score wrong? wow, youre good.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Bookie said:
so you predicted the tigers would win 50 minutes AFTER full time and got the score wrong? wow, youre good.
Haha, I didn't notice that.

And get this.

He says Tigers to WIN, and then in his score, writes Cowboys 22 vs 10 Tigers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)