• yes

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • no

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Yeah, I guess NRL isn't the most interesting thing in the world when your team can't win a match. Well, correction. They have won 7 matches this year... so a bit more than one win a month.

I reckon if you speak to a few Wests Tigers fans now, they'd tell you that NRL is to die for.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
well my team sucked this year...but nevertheless it has been one of the most interesting season in recent memory, just for the sheer number of twists and turns and the overall competitiveness from all clubs

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
It's been a good comp competitively. Especially these last couple of weeks, where even wooden spoon contenders are no easy beats. Gone are the days of guaranteed wins against Souths or Knights (if they performed like they did in the beginning of the season). But as with my Warriors, they worry me especially with Stacey Jones gone next year.

cheetah

HSC
i think what has made it the intresting is mainly how close the teams are to each other on the ladder. Currently theirs about 12 teams fighting for the top eight, personally im backing either West Tigers or Parramatta Eels. !

this_girl

HSC
It's been a strange season with 4 or 5 teams from grandfinals in the last 5 years not making the 8. Teams that weren't expected to be in the 8 are in the 8, teams that were predicted to be in the GF either aren't in the 8 or don't look like they'll even make it that far.

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
its been great so unpredictable and exiting every week so you dont know what going to happen, teams that are bad are going good and teams that are good are going bad.

HSC
The football has probably been better quality than last season, obviously alot more teams are competitive and tipping guides have been well and truely thrown out the window.

I still think that it is a pity that clubs were forced out of the comp/had to merge, but they seem to do doing well on the field. Reinstating the Gold Coast for 2007 will make things even crazier.

2005 definitely has been a season to remember.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
this_girl said:
It's been a strange season with 4 or 5 teams from grandfinals in the last 5 years not making the 8.
Too right.

If you look at the premiers since 2001:

2001 -- Knights
2002 -- Roosters
2003 -- Panthers
2004 -- Bulldogs

Doesn't look like any of those teams will qualify.

Then add to that the Warriors who were runners-up in 2002, and you get your fifth team.

It's pretty amazing seeing that the teams which had dominated the last few years now sit in 9th, 10th, 12th, 13th and 15th.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Bookie said:
It's fucking pissy. Thats what it is.

Any team with a 9-2 Win loss record at the start of any other season would finish up in the top 4. Ask the Sharks this year.
You'd also think that any team starting off the season with 0-4 and then 1-5 W/L record would finish right at the bottom of the table, wouldn't you?

Ask the Dragons this year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)