now that i'm going to uni... (1 Viewer)

mattyg87

HSC
would anyone be able to tell me what stationary and stuff i would need for the first year, i just prefer to buy it while its on sale at the moment..thanks

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
just basic stuff like pens , pencils, folders maybe if u plan 2 use them.......can't remember nethin else atm..... :)

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
wasnt there a thread about this somewhere before? lol well im just going to get basic items - pens pencil etc...and lecture pads..a4 lined leafs....them books with 5 subjects in one that are colour coded....

mattyg87

HSC
ok i think i have figured out what im getting thanks guys

ill get a lecture pad and an A4 workbook for each unit and some loose leaf paper, plastic sleeves and display folders

i already have some folders here so ill use them to organise my notes at home and whatever :)

i cant wait for uni to start now, i just hope work gives me a few more shifts during febraury!

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
keep in mind that you don't submit assignments in display folders for uni, all they will come in good for is putting your work in at home

persephone

HSC
i bought some stuff at officeworks, i bought 4 lecture pads (i'm not quite sure what i need), a folder and some loose leaf paper and some pens.
in lectures do people actually use tape recorders?
and does it matter whether you have books or looseleaf paper?
and do you have separate books/folders for tutorials and lectures?

at least in high school they gave you a list of things to buy...

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
I've seen a few people use tape recorders, mainly anal retentive psych students, and the equally anal mature agies
Looseleaf vs book doesn't really matter..just so long as you can keep track of it all (keep in mind for the great majority of lectures .ppt files are posted and you just print them off and scribble all over them)..although, if you have lab work (looking at your sig, I doubt it), its highly recommended you have a book as opposed to random sheets.
And most people have separate systems for lecs/tutes

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
natstar said:
Yeah. Markers get pissed off if u submit ur assignments in plastic sleeve folders. Reports and the like are ok if they are binded, but normally, just a stapled assignment is the go

I always wondered.. where do you go to get your stuff binded?

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
flipsyde said:
I always wondered.. where do you go to get your stuff binded?
At UWS the library has a binding machine ... I dunno about other unis. Except they are stupid ... I've nearly broken the one at hawkesbury about a billion times, lol. Also maybe newsagents might have binding machines.

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
At officeworks it's like $2 to get something bound, and you don't have to mess around with the stupid machines.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Josie said:
At officeworks it's like $2 to get something bound, and you don't have to mess around with the stupid machines.
Do you know how many pages their binders can bind??? cause i had an assignment last year which was so big that it wouldn't fit into the binders at uni.

pam17

like heaven to touch
HSC
Just drill a hole in your work and tie it together with some pretty christmas ribbon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)