Now that i have got my UAI....... (1 Viewer)

Arowana21

HSC
N/A
Hey i was just wondering on which uni i should go to, now that i have a little bit of increased choices with my UAI of 97.05.
Initially i was going to go to Macq Uni for the double degree in Bcomm/Blaws which needs a UAI, i think is about 96, but i heard from a friend that internal transfer in that Uni is very easy, and so i thought that this would be a waste of my UAI points, since any dumb person can just choose an Arts degree and do well in it and then have a chance to transfer. WHAT A JOKE!
Then i considered my choices of B. Comm at both sydney and UNSW, and i really dont know what to pick????ANY OPINIONS HERE????
BuT just recently i am thinking about B Commerce (international) which needs a UAI of 97, and plus this requires 1 year away to asian studies, and thus i also want to perfect my manderin etcetc since it is getting very universal etcetc.....

so yeh, i am not too sure.....
I dont really have a SET interest, but commerce is my mainstream idea i guess, but if u guys have any suggestions as to what else i should consider i will take it on board. In the future i just want to have a job that gives me a good pay rate...
My mum told me she wants me to be a doctor, but i cant do it since i havent done UMAT and also my UAI wont get me in so yeh, then she says how about a pharmacist? But i had no clue......

regards

savio23q

Band
HSC
So basically, you don't want to Bcomm/Blaws coz your UAI is 1 point higher? =\
Don't put off a subject just coz 'any dumb person' can transfer after doing an arts degree. They have to do well in it. Even so, what does it matter if there's stupid people in your course? I don't think the quality of cohorts and all that sort of stuff matters in uni, unlike the HSC. In fact, it might be in your favour since you don't have as much competition. Anyway, a course with a 96 UAI won't attract many lesser compotent people (I dont think).

I think commerce is a good course. 94.30 I think it is? Go for it, there's a lot you can do with it. Pharmacy is good paying job provided you make it. Only thing missing for pharmacy is a STAT test. Next one is in January I think, but don't quote me on that

Good luck

rach19

HSC
Do what course you are most passionate about not the one you can get into. Next year UAI's dont count for anything, only results do.

lionking1191

HSC
lol so you'd only do a degree if no one else can get in?

really jus ask yourself what you want to be doing in 10 years time. btw pharmacy needs stat, hav u done that?

HSC
judging on what you were initally considering you might have been slightly more "arts" orintated than science. Without looking at your subjects i'd suggest that you stray away from the medical aspects and keep with the business side of things unless you really are interested in which case go for it. There is usually plently of money for those who deal with it daily.

Congrats.

Cheers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)