Notification of successful entry to medicine at UNSW (1 Viewer)

kate.kate

HSC
Hi, I'm new here so please be nice =o) I was just wondering if any prospective medicine students for 2006 or any medicine students currently studying at UNSW could clarify something for me. I heard (from relatively reliable sources) that UNSW notifys applicants via email that they have been offered a place a little while before UAC does. Is this true? I've heard this from a student who was accepted but currently studies med at Newcastle.
I'd really like to know to see if I'm being paranoid or not!
So has anyone heard yet or can any current student clarify this rumour for me?
Thanks a million =o)
Kate.

Fosweb

I could be your Doctor...
HSC
Hi kate.kate...

I'm a Rural Entry student, and I found out in early January. They told that they would be calling us on a particular day, and my phone rang at about 9:30am if I remember correctly. Don't remember any emails, but I guess that wouldn't have mattered anyway.

Hehe... and this post has just made you more paranoid. But it's highly irrelevant and not applicable to you unless you are a rural student.

:)

Good luck, don't lose hope though, I know a couple of people who only got entry into med the week before uni started.

kate.kate

HSC
oh =o( i'm a rural entry student. but i moved mid december and didn't notify them of my new address as i didn't really have one (still don't, my parents moved to another town and i stayed so i'm kinda being shoved around between different relatives and friends until uni) i figured my email was the same and our mail is supposedly being forwarded to my parents. so i didn't tell them.

oh well. wait and see i suppose, its only a few days..

thanks for your help=o)

queenie

I know what ur thinkin...
HSC
as for the normal kids, nah, uac notifies us.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)