Notes (1 Viewer)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
A great deal of history is about reading yourself and finding out sources and interpreting them. The use of secondary sources is a good starting point for research and understanding, and should be quite easy to find.

X

xeuyrawp

AsyLum said:
A great deal of history is about reading yourself and finding out sources and interpreting them. The use of secondary sources is a good starting point for research and understanding, and should be quite easy to find.
Exactly.

angelduck said:
deal with it - i was taught HSC maths by a teacher who knew less maths than my 10 yr old cousin, just deal with it and work by urself
Exactly. You two are always right :)

Just do it by yourself. Whilst a teacher is good to talk things over with, a large part of it's still with you.

chooky_girl26

Lyshiez
HSC
Uni Grad
Hun u gotta member not every library in the state is the best equipped.... most the books are childish nonscence.... and not every body has the time to run around to every state library and sydney libraries to find books... many have a life outside of ancient... it helps people a little if they have some other notes people kindly give them as they then know they are on the right track and gives them another direction or example of notes and essays... i admire the people who give up their time and write and put up their essays and notes in the resources page.... because at least they are helping people.... these are the people that deserve the credit not some person who wants people to ask for their notes.... theses people on the resource pages want everyone to do well and put their notes up to help others ... asking people to write on the board saying this guy gave them great notes is just fishing for complements someone who wants his work acknowledged.... shit i've been through over a hundred ancient textbooks.... but many of them do not help... people ask and go to others for help because their information isn't complete.... it's nice when people help you without being asked... thats what a hero is.... someone who helps other.... even though we are all competing against eachother in the subject... someone that understands some may not have as much success... they are willingto help others.

X

xeuyrawp

chooky_girl26 said:
Hun u gotta member not every library in the state is the best equipped.... most the books are childish nonscence.... and not every body has the time to run around to every state library and sydney libraries to find books... many have a life outside of ancient... it helps people a little if they have some other notes people kindly give them as they then know they are on the right track and gives them another direction or example of notes and essays... i admire the people who give up their time and write and put up their essays and notes in the resources page.... because at least they are helping people.... these are the people that deserve the credit not some person who wants people to ask for their notes.... theses people on the resource pages want everyone to do well and put their notes up to help others ... asking people to write on the board saying this guy gave them great notes is just fishing for complements someone who wants his work acknowledged.... shit i've been through over a hundred ancient textbooks.... but many of them do not help... people ask and go to others for help because their information isn't complete.... it's nice when people help you without being asked... thats what a hero is.... someone who helps other.... even though we are all competing against eachother in the subject... someone that understands some may not have as much success... they are willingto help others.
Look. Pay me out all you want. You don't understand how I work. My notes would be anti-constructive if I put them on the resource page. They don't make sense unless I talk to you about it. That's one of the reasons why I ask people to add me to msn. Most of the time, I end up constantly helping them. You're just having a cry because I refuse to help a spoiled brat like yourself. If you've gone through 100 textbooks that don'e help, I'm glad you didn't msn me, because it would has sucked trying to explain the most basic things to you.

Yes it's true that I want people to thank me in the board, because otherwise ungrateful bitches like yourself take my notes and run off. I have had three wankers take my notes, block me, and then unblock me to ask for help! It's insane. If they post here, they've clearly got a vested interest in me helping them.

If you're too lazy to do it for yourself, nobody can help.

I am continually helping people in the ancient section, hunny. Not only do I tutor 2 people from here, but I'm frequently looking over other people's assignments and notes. I don't care if you don't think I'm a hero, I really don't give a shit what you think. You're a drop kick and are not only going to fail ancient, but life as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

chooky_girl26

Lyshiez
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm smarter then u'll ever know.... and i'm good at everything i do... i'll get a great pass for all my subjects because i work to the best of my ability to get what i want. People only ask for notes to make sure they are reserching the right things... or in my case... they find out the day before their half yearly what is in the course and what we haven't been told to look at... people who cat find adequate information ask for help because they want to make sure they are on the right track... it isn't anyone's fault but the teacher if they are told the day before everything they should have studied in the course... and for your information without your help i got top 3 in the year.

X

xeuyrawp

chooky_girl26 said:
I'm smarter then u'll ever know.... and i'm good at everything i do... i'll get a great pass for all my subjects because i work to the best of my ability to get what i want. People only ask for notes to make sure they are reserching the right things... or in my case... they find out the day before their half yearly what is in the course and what we haven't been told to look at... people who cat find adequate information ask for help because they want to make sure they are on the right track... it isn't anyone's fault but the teacher if they are told the day before everything they should have studied in the course... and for your information without your help i got top 3 in the year.
I can tell you're a child prodigy. It's all the full stops.

You clearly don't need any help, you're doing so well:) Bye

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
chooky_girl26 said:

I hope you dont write like that in your exams or essays.

People have a life outside ancient? Oh my god?! Really?! You mean people like..say US? If you don't have the time to put in your own effort, why the fuck should we when we are not being paid or any other compensation apart from the fact we volunteer and feel good about helping others out?

Get off your high horse, ive seen people who have done Ancient through distance ed and have no problems, so if you can't be fucked, don't expect us to be either.

X

xeuyrawp

AsyLum said:
we volunteer and feel good about helping others out?.
Just for the record, I rarely feel good when I help out. I think it's just social obligation to lend a hand to the needy. Goddamn Kant :rolleyes:

somechick

HSC
N/A
hahaha this is the best thread i've read in years.

people, she mighta been stressed when writing that ermm.... rude post. I know how u might feel though, we had an idiot teacher for one subject but really, like asylum said, its not up to the teachers, its up to you. Go to libraries, get out ur syllabus, (that thing is gold) and write out your notes according to what they want you to learn so you dont do things your not meant to. Dont rely on other people-we can only do so much. Use the list of 2ndary resources as a book list and use them to study. Ancient history is research methodology, and the internet is your goldmine.
:) good luck

Last edited:
X

xeuyrawp

angelduck said:
Asy is a god Dude! That is the first time ive ever seen u swear @ someone on BOS! sweet!!!
Heheh, nah- Immanuel Kant, philosopher who showed that helping other people isn't only morally, but rationally correct because it directly benefits us.

*pixie*

HSC
honestly guys.. lay off...
its not chooky girl being rude it is the rest of you.
bored of studies is all about finding other ppl the same age and tlking bout the probs that you r having, and between everybody a solution is worked out.
there is no need for everyone to become so bitchy to complete strangers.
to make so many derogatory comments about complete stangers is completely pathetic on all fields...
how about everyone jus kiss' and makes up.. and moves on doing what they feel is right.

X

xeuyrawp

Bah.

THere's no point telling new members to stop pretending they know how the place works. It's pointless, they just keep assuming it's like how they think it is.

Edit: I looked back on my essays and realised I may as well put them in the resource section. They're there now:).

iVe A bIgOnE

pwaryues (rob p) is a really good bloke

his notes are really helpful and so are his past essays

cheers mate

X

xeuyrawp

sugar_plum said:
shame he has such a big head
Argh. You KEEP spamming. You KEEP attacking me. You are such an idiot!

1. I don't care if I have a big head, I'm practical.
2. You don't know me, all you see is what I type here. Don't assume you know anything about me.
3. I know what I'm talking about, you don't. Lest we forget you get crappy marks in ancient and got 21/40 for your Extension history.
4. You're cranky because I'm constantly telling you to stop spamming, and because I reported you to the mods. You're a waste of everybody's time.

Edit: Wow, I noticed you deleted your post. Don't you hate it when you post an idiotic, pointless post, and then you get quoted just before you deleted it?

Good work.

hipPo3

HSC
Pwar, u have notes on personalities of Cleopatra 7 ?
I know she isnt egyptian, just the greek section doesnt have it.. :(

X

xeuyrawp

hipPo3 said:
Pwar, u have notes on personalities of Cleopatra 7 ?
I know she isnt egyptian, just the greek section doesnt have it.. :(
I don't have notes on it, I'm affraid. I never even noticed she was a "Greek" personality, which is unusual. I mean, she was more Greek than anything else, but she really had nothing to do with Greece.

Have you tried looking in Julius Caesar notes, or Greek/Rome notes from that period? Remember that the notes in the resource section are all jumbled up with one another and frequently aren't labelled properly.

hipPo3

HSC
looked there ..
*sigh*
i guess ill have to do it the ole fashioned way.

angelduck

Behind a rock with a glitter gun poised and ready
HSC
can someone explain y shed be a greek personality, i mean, she was the pharaoh of egypt, id try there, deffinetly look into the resources on the second triumvirate, cleopatra is usually (or should be) mentioned as one of its faliures

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
angelduck said:
lol, it just really annoys me!! Then again, i always had my acient stuff finishd weeks in advance, just so i could procrastinate over maths, stupid maths
lol. no you didnt duck - you had it finished early so you could tell the rest of us mafia off for not having it done *shakes fist*
oh well, luv ya anyway *huggles*

get over it chooky_girl. i don't have a problem with people who procrastinate, just those who then seek to blame the problems that this inevitably creates on others

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)