NOTES ?!?!?!?!?!?! have you started (1 Viewer)

Brontecat

HSC
thats what i did, i know environmentally it probably isnt the better option, although the energy consumption of a computer is probably equal, but yeah i got it at skool so that i didnt have to use my home paper and ink

studentcheese

HSC
Is it more effective studying from notes or your textbook? or would u need to study from both?

Staseycat

The last of her kind.
HSC
Oh yea, notes... I guess I should start now....

Nah, i'll do it tomorrow.
^
Happens every day

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
I am constantly getting hand-outs and so I highlight and then write my own notes as we get them. I do it as I go... pretty easy to do. Anything in class is usually relevant.

aimhigh10

HSC
but it's too hard too check out the syllabus on a LCD screen..it hurts the eyes...if you know what I mean...

SO like do you have any suggestions?

ANYWAY..who actually prints the syllabus for each of their subjects????
Is there a way of saving paper? Obviously reading it off the computer screen but...it's uncomfortable...hmm maybe teachers have them..probably should get it from them..:jaw:
i print only the necessary pages double sided, and sometimes put 2 pages on one a4 page...
the maths e1 syllabus is shocking though....couldnt find a way to cut it down, so had to print the whole thing.......
and it's like
l l
thick
but its got the formulae and equations so i def will use it :)

atrocityx

HSC
lol yeah.... i've started writing notes 2 weeks ago and still going TT" .. lots of memorising and concentration man ==" .. im gonna die.

nerd_2b

HSC
Yep, I've started making notes for Chemistry, Biology, Business Studies and Economics. Maths, I'm soo lost because our teacher's way of teaching is so complicated and drives us nuts.....And for English, there's nothing much to do except to have a good nap, and to write up some creatives for class...
You better start making notes now, so when it comes to the half-yearly and yearly, you wouldn't have anything to write then, it's just a matter of going through your notes and attempting exam questions...

Subjects
__________________________-----

English Standard
Maths Extension 1
Chemistry
Biology
Business Studies
Economics

pillar

HSC
What exactly are you all referring to when you say notes? Like the definitions, formulas, and just general 'answers' to the syllabus dot points? For example, in the resources section here there's heaps of dot point summaries, are they pretty much what you're creating for your own notes?

Nadiaa

HSC
English?? can u write notes for english..
if so, please do tell me.

i feel like an idiot asking, but where do i get the syabus from??
coz what im doing is jotting down what i think is important. never thought of doing it that way.
so far ive done biology and economic.
i gotta get a move on

K

khorne

Started my Study notes, half done for the first topic in Physics and 2 topics done for maths...But I guess that's because don't have to do 6 subject worth of notes :D Hazza!

suzlee

HSC
lol ...u can get the syllabus from boardofstudies. omg i have to start making notes....

btw statistics show that most top students finish their notes at least 3 weeks before an exam. LOL.

80% of statistics are made on the spot =D......
I'd love to believe that one is part of the 20% though :D

HSC
80% of statistics are made on the spot =D......
I'd love to believe that one is part of the 20% though :D
yeah ive got to say..iv done that quite a few times in debating..
and then give it some credible source such as the smh or
some uni professor from harvard/yale/cambridge/mit

K

khorne

I believe the term is called "Propaganda" or more subtlely "Advertising'

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
omgwash you two don't belive me lol. this group of people called ( crap i forgot) came to my school and taught me 'study skills' and they told everyone RESEARCH SHOWS top achievers start their notes 3 weeks before. lol.
didn't you say that they finish notes 3 weeks before, lol

Deer

Premium Member
HSC
I have received the syllabus from teachers in all my subjects (even art :rolleyes: ), except for maths. Lucky, I would hate to print them off ! D: For us assessment week is next week, I have exams for chem, bio, maths and english, I've made sweet bio notes, half way through chem, probably wont do a lot more for maths but I have to do a few for english. English is a hard one to write notes for but I do think its necessary.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)