Not-That-Bright: NCAP Moderator (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
I'd like to welcome Not-That-Bright as a new NCAP moderator.

As a NCAP ancient, regular and one who encourages thoughtful debate, I know he will be a valuable addition to the forum.

I am sure he and I will make an awesome duo. :)

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
Congrats NTB, you always have great arguments/points to offer.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
What? This is a travesty! Everyone knows I'm the best actor in this ridiculous school! Someone's gotten to you deceitful cow

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
haha it is NTB the legend! the prophesised one has risen to power.

We are but mere dirt beneath your feet sire.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
The moderators of this forum keep getting worse.
Hmm true, I am certainly not as good as Generator and as much as I liked him he was not quite what MLS was - If this trend continues, perhaps you'll be the mod by the year 2083.

Do they remember that time when someone asked, "I'm gay what should I do?"

And u posted a pic of a guy with a gun to his head.
I'm sure I was put under a bit of a microscope and I've been given specific instructions about my behaviour. Anyway I can't really remember but I think I had a big suspicion that the gay guy was a troll.

Anyway,

I figured this is a good post for me to outline my basic thoughts about NCAP, so here goes:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. What NCAP Is

NCAP is a place for students of all backgrounds to come together in the most open environment and discuss any number of serious issues that they may have an opinion about.

2. What NCAP Needs

NCAP needs to remain an open, uninhibited, fair environment for debate. It is my opinion that intervention of any kind should be left to a bare minimum, allowing users to form their own ways of dealing with those that they may perhaps dislike while also allowing those whom have opinions that the majority may dislike to still have their voices heard.

3. What you can do

• Don't be jerks to others. In the end we're all probably pretty nice people whom all have our idea about how to make the world a better place.

In conclusion, Don't worry about my personal views as I will not (in any way that I can stop) allow them to affect my judgements when it comes to taking any moderating action and will more often than not choose to not take any action unless there are extreme circumstances calling for it.

Thanks guys.

Last edited:

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
I know this isn't exaclty relevant, but since the last post sort of talked about etiquette etc. I was just wondering why caps lock is censored but not swearing? Shouldn't they both be, as both are unnecessary and agressive?

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
That's with all of BoS, and I remember being a noob once and found that as long as you have one small caps letter in your post, the rest doesn't have to be. It's not exclusively to NCAP, although yes, most of the time, caps lock posts aren't the best way to communicate, and those posts are usually lacking in content anyway.

As for swearing, which again is not exclusive to NCAP, most mods censor swearing in thread titles, but swearing is pretty common place, and in my own personal opinion, a post with swearing is not necessarily offensive or content-free.

If you'd like, post a thread in the Contact Moderators Forum about swearing, that is, if you want it to be implemented. The mods will discuss it as a group and consider it.

rickem

RÎçkõ
HSC
Yay new mod. Congrats, although the title suggested that someone was paying a mod out when i first read it. lol. Good work ntb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)