• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Not So Bad??? (1 Viewer)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
The best thing about my school is a school environment that supports learning & social activities. My school is the venue where most of my social activities take place because it is from school activities that I hang out with mates.

I doubt I will keep in contact with my friends after HSC but I hope to continue my friendships with few.

EDIT: I don't know what it means by 'spoon-feeding'. How teachers can 'spoon-feed' you?

Last edited:

Aplus

HSC
N/A
lyounamu said:
EDIT: I don't know what it means by 'spoon-feeding'. How teachers can 'spoon-feed' you?
They do everything for you. For example: They tell you to take down these notes, you take them down. They ask you to do your homework. You do your homework. They ask you to start writing. You start writing. They tell you what to do, and you have no self direction. You're always waiting for them to tell you what to do. Not independent learning.

HSC
emytaylor164 said:
I think it is ok to a degree but over spoon feeding is stupid
i agree. at our school we have two advanced english classes, and the teacher from the other class spoonfed them. in their half-yearlys pretty much everyone wrote the same thing. whereas our teacher barely tells us anything, and as a whole we performed way better than them, and had different stuff from each other.

now that teacher had to go for an operation, so they have a new teacher who doesn't tell them all the answers, and they're all like 'OMG, i'm gonna fail English'.

P

Pimpcess.Snaz

m&ss2008 said:
sure, we all like to complain about school sometimes, but its not all bad is it?
i need help seeing the bright side of school right now.

tell me guys, what's the best thing about school?
School for me is my comfort zone.. I've grown up there (somewhat), I've learnt there, had problems there, fixed problems there, I've been in trouble and I've been good.. school has been a big part of who I am.. and my friends there are like family..

And all the memories.. how could you forget them!? all the stressing over exams, the crying, the really good marks and the failing, the crushes, the rejections.. lol so many valuable moments.. So i'd say the best thing about school is memories, friends and growing :)

melanieeeee.

Banned
HSC
emytaylor164 said:
I think that is one of the worst things about school cos as soon asyou go to uni you will struggle in a unspoonfed ( if that is a word) environment. I think it is ok to a degree but over spoon feeding is stupid
not everyone that is sitting the hsc wants to go to uni. if the main aim of the hsc was to prepare students for uni then it would end up being the same as university preperation course. also what you have said is a reason why it should be savoured.

Aplus said:
They do everything for you. For example: They tell you to take down these notes, you take them down. They ask you to do your homework. You do your homework. They ask you to start writing. You start writing. They tell you what to do, and you have no self direction. You're always waiting for them to tell you what to do. Not independent learning.
also they give all the resources you need. :D

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Pimpcess.Snaz said:
School for me is my comfort zone.. I've grown up there (somewhat), I've learnt there, had problems there, fixed problems there, I've been in trouble and I've been good.. school has been a big part of who I am.. and my friends there are like family..

And all the memories.. how could you forget them!? all the stressing over exams, the crying, the really good marks and the failing, the crushes, the rejections.. lol so many valuable moments.. So i'd say the best thing about school is memories, friends and growing :)
Exactly. Sums up everything I'm going to miss about school :uhhuh:

melanieeeee.

Banned
HSC
emytaylor164 said:
I completely agree I would hate to see how they are going to
survive uni
they end up learning independant learning once they are there?

Aplus

HSC
N/A
melanieeeee. said:
also they give all the resources you need. :D
I get spoon fed on BOS :p

Last edited:

Saloo

HSC
Man leaving school is gonna be soo crazy...we might not realise it but we are spoonfed heaps! Even the basic structure of school adds to it, whereas you have uni where its more like "meh do whatever you want, we don't give a crap" kinda thing. damn i hope that doesnt demotivate me =P

I'm gonna miss school heaps though. It's been an awesome 6 years!

misbahf

You eat bugs.
HSC
I don't think i'll miss my friends as much as our international students. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)