not on the same level __ (1 Viewer)

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
SoulSearcher said:
How could I be jealous when you didn't do anything shinji ;)
u knw ur jealous soulsearcher ^O^

inside ur burning desire of jealousy is fumin through ur ears :D

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
sle3pe3bumz said:
okay .. this is my problem .. ii go on this site alot and all yeah .. and well .. people keep saying o yeah the SC is easy as .. 90s 90s 90s .. selective school this .. just study and you'll do fine .. but well .. ii go to a LOCAL yes LOCAL school .. and ii personally think it's CRAP AS ! .. and what ii hear you people say .. just doesnt sound as easy to me .. well .. ii guess you could kinda say im scared or worrying .. & trust me .. ii am ! .. because ii dont believe that im on the same level as MOST of the people in these forums and like yeahh .. let me put it to you in this way .. nearly half my year would probably not be able to go into forums and post threads .. and if they could .. alot of them wouldnt be able to have correct punctuation & grammer .. lols .. that gets on my nerves .. ^^
Why don't you just change schools if you think your current school is so "CRAP AS"?

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
SoulSearcher said:
Burning desire of what exactly shinji? ;)
ooo .. tht's sumin that i shouldn't disclose in public ;)

u knw .. the kiddies might come along and be disgusted or sumin by it :p

PrettyVacant

HSC
I don't get it. What's wrong with studying? I mean, I have a life too. You know...

Okay, fine. I don't reaally. None of this partying/getting drunk/having sex bullshit like those schools in the North Shore. I mean, Upper North Shore.

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
shinji said:
ooo .. tht's sumin that i shouldn't disclose in public ;)

u knw .. the kiddies might come along and be disgusted or sumin by it :p
That's because there is nothing, is there? ;)

As for the threadstarter, I would suggest that she does not worry too much about the SC, and just do the best she can, and then focus upon the next two years. Besides, her school did better than mine last year in the HSC :eek:

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
PrettyVacant said:
I don't get it. What's wrong with studying? I mean, I have a life too. You know...

Okay, fine. I don't reaally. None of this partying/getting drunk/having sex bullshit like those schools in the North Shore. I mean, Upper North Shore.
Nothing’s wrong with it dear. we’re just emphasizing on the insignificance of the School Certificate. :)

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
hopeles5ly said:
Nothing’s wrong with it dear. we’re just emphasizing on the insignificance of the School Certificate. :)
psht insignificance ... it's about learning .. the SC is. Thats what the whole schooling thing is about . learning .. which is overblown by the determination of getting the best mark posisble.

PrettyVacant said:
I don't get it. What's wrong with studying? I mean, I have a life too. You know......I mean, Upper North Shore.
nothing wrong with studying .. for those who diss me about studying 24/7 .. i just tell them to shove it where the sun don't shine :)
oh and ur not the only one who sees the insignificance of getting drunk n pissed for the fun of it. it's just stupid .. sure; if i go to schoolies im probably gonna get drunk .. but not drunk-pissed. no real need for it: waste of brain cells.

SoulSearcher said:
that's because there is nothing, is there?
of course there's something there .. u just don't know it :)

and btw .. those who take the SC TOO lightly .. they're sure to have a bit of trouble getting geared of up the transition between junior and senior high school. for those who are alreayd studying in yr 10 have the momentum to study in yr 11/12 and get maximum marks.

and to thread starter; dedication and determination is the key to success. :)

Last edited:

lala2

Banned
HSC
That is a perfectly valid point Jachie. However, you must apply yourself to pass that stage to gain the benefit of hindsight and say, 'oh x, y, z doesn't matter, wait till you get to my situation!' I know that I was freaking out about the SC and the HSC when it came around to it, and even last semester, thinking, 'omg, omg am I gonna pass?!' and now I'm one of those 'hypocrites' saying, 'nah, wait till you see this!' but it's human nature to only think of what lies ahead, not what lies behind. I think you should simply try your hardest, because without overcoming the present, we cannot have a future.

appetite

HSC
Jachie said:
Honestly, and no offense to most of you, but most of the posters who are saying "it doesn't matter, Years 11&12 are what counts" are kind of appearing like hypocrites. In HINDSIGHT, Year 10 doesn't matter, but in HINGSIGHT high school in general doesn't matter. Year 11 doesn't matter, hell, even your UAI doesn't matter. I know the SC isn't going to dictate my life, but that doesn't mean there's anything wrong with applying myself and trying my best. I'm aware senior years are substantially harder than junior years, but some of you are just sounding, "Boo hoo, quit your bitching, wait until your my age, THAT'S when the work begins." And that's hypocritical to me, because that can be applied to every stage of one's life.
Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see the hypocrisy. The bottom line is that the SC doesn't count for anything (unless you're leaving after Year 10), but the HSC does, right? I'm doing the SC this year, and my general attitude towards it is just "well, whatever" - without the benefit of hindsight. There's nothing wrong with applying yourself and trying your best (there's everything right about it, actually), but that doesn't mean that the SC impacts your academic future at all. The HSC definitely does, though, and whether it will matter in hindsight is arguable. And anyway, will life matter when you're dead? I'm just sayin'.

I barely do any study, I don't party/get drunk/have sex, and I don't have much of a life, either. Sad, huh? I'm considering knuckling down and becoming a full-time nerd, though.

Last edited:

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
And anyway, will life matter when you're dead? I'm just sayin'.
As am I.

Don't get me wrong, appetite, my attitude towards the SC is the same as yours. My post was in response to the dozens of others I have read - not necessarily on this thread, but all over the board - which consists of no sound advice or comment other than "You don't know the meaning of stress! Wait until you're MY age and doing the things I am doing now!" That, to me, is hypocrisy. For the very reason you said, in the sentence I quoted above.

Is the HSC more important than the SC? Fuck yes. But it's still not the be-all and end-all. Even if you get a UAI of under 30, you can still achieve a PhD. Anything is possible, regardless of the HSC. And I guess this where I start to view it as hypocrisy - the same posters who I have seen say "Dude, stop whining, you don't even know the meaning of hard work" (again, this is not necessarily anyone in this specific thread) are the same people who are whining themselves about how they're going to fail the HSC.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
My post was in response to the dozens of others I have read - not necessarily on this thread, but all over the board
i just hope you weren't referring to my posts. :S

as i find SC quite important on a different scale; anddd i never said any of that "wait till u get to my age" .. i think :S

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
Don't worry shinji, definitely not directing my above comments at you. :D

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
LOLS ! .. hey shinji ! ive got you on my msn list .. AHAHA .. and this thread has gotten so side tracked .. but o wells .. good advice .. ahah .. ums yeahh .. o wells ii guess .. ill just have to see what happens ? :D

aileenli

HSC
year ten was a breeze. i didnt go to a selective school and i only studied the days before the test, but i still got pleasing results band 5's and 6's. its overrated, and i reckon u should enjoy the rest of ur junior school rather than worry about something that doesnt really affect ur career (unless ur planning to drop out of school in yr 10)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)