Not enough people getting married. (1 Viewer)

noworldwithoutu

HSC
Why are there so many people who are unwilling to commit, its ridiculous. If someone has been in a union for 2 years or more and they are both are around 25 or working full time they should get married and start having kids to help revive the birthrate. Every woman should have 3 kids (1 for the mother, 1 for the father and 1 for the country as Peter Costello says), if we don't propagate today whose going to turn the big wheels of the Australian economy tomorrow, It takes alot of effort to keep GDP growing at 3+ %!!!!!

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
lol we owe it to the birth rate of our country to significantly change our lives?

also- who says no matter how much you earn or how long you have been together that anyone will be fit parents... you become a parent because you want to raise a child in what you hope to be a functional family unit

davin

HSC
N/A
the idea of putting off kids until financially stable (which can mean more than simply working full time) is far better than rushing to have kids if you're not ready....and the 2 year minimum is foolish, imo....some relationships def would need more time than that to go from dating to having kids.

HSC
yeh but women are given more rights and thus choose not to want kids and rather persue a career

alby

cool duckie
HSC
there's no law saying we have to get married and/or have kids. sure we may want that when we're OLDER, but as a majoirty of the people on this board are under 25 and/or arent in a serious (2-3+ year) relationship and/or just plain arent ready for the whole thing, this thread is completely irrelevant.

Sorry to burst your have-kids-for-the-gdp bubble, mate

cas: it's not just the girls who mightn't want kids - many guys (espically the under 25-30's) dont want kids either just yet. not everyone's cut out for marriage/families, and even those who are would probably prefer to have a stable relationship/job/life in general before they considered marriage & kids

Last edited:

IceBreaker

HSC
noworldwithoutu said:
Why are there so many people who are unwilling to commit, its ridiculous. If someone has been in a union for 2 years or more and they are both are around 25 or working full time they should get married and start having kids to help revive the birthrate. Every woman should have 3 kids (1 for the mother, 1 for the father and 1 for the country as Peter Costello says), if we don't propagate today whose going to turn the big wheels of the Australian economy tomorrow, It takes alot of effort to keep GDP growing at 3+ %!!!!!
thats why they bringing in more skilled migrants. lately i been seeing more african migrants from my local area.

Generator

HSC
N/A
Casmira said:
yeh but women are given more rights and thus choose not to want kids and rather persue a career
What a post. The implicit solution is quite funny.

As for the thread starter, a marriage isn't a necessity if a couple wants to start a family, and though a couple may marry that isn't to say that they will start a family.

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
nice post. yeah i think pple here are just stoopid :D
on a more serious note, yep, they are young, so they are not thinking of seriousness, just entertainment, some people are mature, some not. i myself believe in marriage, happy family cinderella! :p people say that it wont work, well if u don't think it'll work, ofcourse you'll never have a happy ending, pple just need to put effort.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
If birth rates, marriages, divorces and life expectancy continues along the current trend, eventually:

We'll get married for the first time at about 50, live to about 150 on average, and our entire population will come from immigration because no one will have kids anymore.

HSC
Marriage? I don't beleive in marriage - whats the point of getting a legal document to say you love someone? A relationship works regardless of marriage or not. It changes nothing if you have been in a defacto relationship for more then six months!

Gene Simmons - Kiss: "I've been happily unmarried for years, I don't need to be unhappily married!"

Children? I'll have children when I'm not selfish enough to actually care about someone else.... Once I have done everything I need to do in life and the my whole world would revolve around that child.

Three children? You want every women to have three children, yet your not the one going through the painof pregnancy and labour? Shame on you - PIG!

anarchron

HSC
I think it's due to us living in a materialistic and selfish society where one seems to believe that the world seems to revolve around one's self.

It's also quite distressing to see whilst marriage rates are dropping, divorce rates are increasing.

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
i think its a good thing that people arent getting married at the drop of a hat these days- it might actually mean people are thinking about what getting married means for them rather than listening to their friends/family.
personally i'd rather be with someone for 5 years, make sure they're right for me and know them inside out than get married after two years and get a divorce 2 years later because it's not how i thought it would be. what's the rush? if you're really with the right person, they won't care if it takes you 4 or 6 years to make that commitment.
besides, marriage shouldnt be taken lightly- it's not something you do when your relationship gets boring and you think it needs a bit of a change. marriage is for your whole life (or it is in my oppinion). imagine being stuck with someone you dont get along with for the next 60 or 70 years.
too many people think getting married will change their relationship and make it different/better. women think getting married means they have more control over their partner, that they can then change them to be what they want them to be. if you expect marriage to make things all dandy then you're in it for the wrong reasons. relationships are hard work, nothing is quick fix.

noworldwithoutu

HSC
Pink_Butterfly said:
Marriage? I don't beleive in marriage - whats the point of getting a legal document to say you love someone? A relationship works regardless of marriage or not. It changes nothing if you have been in a defacto relationship for more then six months!

Gene Simmons - Kiss: "I've been happily unmarried for years, I don't need to be unhappily married!"

Children? I'll have children when I'm not selfish enough to actually care about someone else.... Once I have done everything I need to do in life and the my whole world would revolve around that child.

Three children? You want every women to have three children, yet your not the one going through the painof pregnancy and labour? Shame on you - PIG!
Are you 'alternative' by any chance?

Generator

HSC
N/A
Casmira said:
I don't understand your retort?
Casmira said:

If for some reason my point still isn't clear, you seem to be suggesting that if we hadn't given women more (if still not entirely equal) rights, the fertility 'problem' wouldn't be an issue. Taking this from another angle, your post suggests that a solution would be to tie women to the home, thus denying them of rights that should be universal, no matter one's sex, gender, ethnicity or age.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)