• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Not doing assignments ): (1 Viewer)

undalay

HSC
Hey guys. I've got an english extention assignments due on friday. Its a 2000 word essay on utopia and arcardia and other random crap.
The point is, i'm dropping engx next year and really don't give a shit about the subject.

What will happen if i just don't do it?

Black Hawker

HSC
LOL. I'm in the exact same situation. I have to do a 2000 words essay on Utopia and whether it has any relevance beyond its time and place due tomorrow... :(

But I'm picking up Ext 2...

beentherdunthat

HSC
undalay said:
Hey guys. I've got an english extention assignments due on friday. Its a 2000 word essay on utopia and arcardia and other random crap.
The point is, i'm dropping engx next year and really don't give a shit about the subject.

What will happen if i just don't do it?
LoL ask your teacher.

I'm not promoting anarchy but AHEM, you only need to make sure that you get 50% for your final prelim mark in order to qualify for hsc. *Nudge nudge*

DownInFlames

Token Member
where I spend the vast majority of my time
HSC
It will be better if you do it. Not for you, but for your class. Otherwise your teacher will have to wait a while to give their assignments back. They won't appreciate that.

You have days to get it done: just do the thing.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
I did that in History Extension,

My teacher just said "Have you done the assignment?"
Me: ".....No"
Teacher: "How about you drop extension?"
Me: "yeah cool."

simonloo

may our bodies remain
HSC
N/A
You could at least get a copy from a Yr 12s? Or the intranetz.

daria

HSC
N/A
It depends on how many units you are doing, if you are doing extension english i am guessing that you have at least 11 units, therefore i think you can drop out or fail a 1 unit subject but ask your teacher or year adviser so that you don't make yourself ineligible for the HSC year.
But do the assignment dude ... take it 500 words at a time and it will be over in a jiffy!!!
Good luck :)

morganforrest

HSC
Hmmm in the hsc we get an n-award if we don't do an assignment (serious non-attempt is the long name I think)....but if its prelim and you definitely plan on dropping it...just throw together a shit 2000words and hand something....but keep in mind that u could change your decision?!?!

Basically throw some shit together and hand it in....it doesn't really matter as long as you pass yr 11

DownInFlames

Token Member
where I spend the vast majority of my time
HSC
daria said:
It depends on how many units you are doing, if you are doing extension english i am guessing that you have at least 11 units, therefore i think you can drop out or fail a 1 unit subject but ask your teacher or year adviser so that you don't make yourself ineligible for the HSC year.
But do the assignment dude ... take it 500 words at a time and it will be over in a jiffy!!!
Good luck :)
Must be doing at least 12 as she's in yr 11

undalay

HSC
morganforrest said:
Hmmm in the hsc we get an n-award if we don't do an assignment (serious non-attempt is the long name I think)....but if its prelim and you definitely plan on dropping it...just throw together a shit 2000words and hand something....but keep in mind that u could change your decision?!?!

Basically throw some shit together and hand it in....it doesn't really matter as long as you pass yr 11
Can't poor work be classified as a non serious attempt too though ?

Somebody tell me how arcadia is appropriated from thomas more's utopia and i'll start writing something lol.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
You will fail the Preliminary Course if you don't do it REGARDLESS of whether you're doing it in year 12 or not.

beentherdunthat

HSC
tommykins said:
You will fail the Preliminary Course if you don't do it REGARDLESS of whether you're doing it in year 12 or not.
lol. How come? You won't fail because of one assesment. ;)

iEdd

HSC
If you get an N award at any time in the preliminary course, you fail it. You can go onto year 12, but they will make you do a year 11 subject while you are in year 12, just so you have 12 prelim units.
I'm sorry you elected extension, english is the most disgraceful excuse for a subject there is, with really dodgy marking.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
They don't care about marks, but more so about completion.

It's like for Physics, if you have not completed the Practical Experiments for Physics to a standard, you will not pass Physics for Prelim.

It's like the SC, I failed to do one assignment (didn't fail, but wasn't at school to hand it in) and a note was sent home informing me of failure ot attain my SC if I did not complete the assignment.

This is no different in the Prelim. course, if anything - there should be more justification for failure due to incomplete work as it helps solidify the "No exceptions/buts" in year 12.

cs01001

HSC
Don't you get a Prelim Certificate saying you failed school or something..?

Its best if you attempt the thing, but if you really can't be bothered and are 120% sure you are gonna drop it, just scab some random stuff off the Resource page or just quickly write BS.

cccclaire

HSC
I was in the same situation like a week ago.
Had to write a 2000 word essay on postmodernism in a book I haven't read for english extension which I'm dropping.

I just wrote a pretty rubbish essay the double free period I had before, ended up getting an A- for it, was so much easier than having to come up with a reason for not having it and then probably having to do it later anyway.

simonloo

may our bodies remain
HSC
N/A
cccclaire said:
I was in the same situation like a week ago.
Had to write a 2000 word essay on postmodernism in a book I haven't read for english extension which I'm dropping.

I just wrote a pretty rubbish essay the double free period I had before, ended up getting an A- for it, was so much easier than having to come up with a reason for not having it and then probably having to do it later anyway.
Wait- Are you asian?

undalay

HSC
Well you get a 0, but that hardly matters.

I think as long as you hand in the assignment eventually, then you'll be okay lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)